55, Approaching Bubble

pretty stupid question really, but it just got me wonderingpretty late in the tourney, not quite at the bubble yet though, average stack ~20 big blinds, i have ~15 big blindsim dealt 55 under the gun. i didnt really want to just limp, because chances are someone will raise preflop at this point and i only have 15 BBs. also didnt really want to raise from UTG with a hand only as strong as 55, especially since if someone reraises i will have put a fifth of my stack in with a a standard raise and be faced with a tough decision. also didnt really want to fold a pocket pair. what is the standard play here?

I fold this 99% of the time. Small pockets from EP are really only nice when you are deep stacked and taking part in a limpament. You need major implied odds to make em worth playing.If we were shorter compared to the average I might push, but the field looks pretty tight in this one.

At an aggressive pre-flop table, I either raise or fold this preflop. In fact, I mostly adhere to Harrington on Hold'em for the 'normal' part of the decision making process here. If I'm short, I push, otherwise, usually fold. I start thinking about pushing here at about M=10 (or less). But, it's not 100% there. It depends on the table, stacks, position and likeliness to be called.-M

i dunno, you could raise although it sounds like this table could re-raise you weak...that's the only case i can make for not folding