Jjprodigy Made Me $1500

Obv brag post, but I thought you guys would laugh/find it interesting. Just got this email from Stars. lol...$1500 credit. *EDIT* Actually after a closer look, it was a $2100 pay jump.

Hello,PokerStars has become aware of an account that was played by more than one person in an effort to gain an unfair advantage in last week's Sunday Million. As a result, that account has been disqualified from the event.In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the winnings and to advance all players who finished below the disqualified account. Since you finished on a "prize step" boundary, this means a credit has been issued to your account representing a move to the next higher prize level. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown as a "Credit Purchase", followed by the amount of the credit.It is important to note that there was no collusion involved in this incident. However it is clear that those involved knowingly violated tournament rules in an effort to gain an unfair advantage. The accounts involved have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide unfair activity in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In cases where it is likely that harm was done, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.Best Regards,SteveWPokerStars Support Team
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is important to note that there was no collusion involved in this incident."bullshitMy guess is that Stars didn't even investigate this until someone ratted JJ and crew out. It's sick that the players themselves are the ones most responsible to catch this type of thing. I mean, we're only playing for 250K.I honestly think PS should hire another 100 HH collusion experts to investigate every single tourney with a buyin over $50 or a prize pool over 50K. They should look at the final 3 or 4 tables and actively search for unethical practices. No reason why they can't use software and employees to help ferret out cheating. So great, you got an extra 1500. GratsWhat about all the players this affected that didn't get compensation? I hate you Stars for not making me comfortable that you are doing everything you can to stop collusion or multiaccounting. hate

Hm, $1500 is a lot - you cashed for "only" about 6K, right? Do you know who the multi-accounter was? I think it must have been someone at the final table if you get such an amount back.
I don't know eactly which person it was, but it was obv someone who finished in the top 9 if I got moved up one pay spot.
I don't know eactly which person it was, but it was obv someone who finished in the top 9 if I got moved up one pay spot.
I was going to assume it was Humberto, but since he finished behind you, that wouldn't make sense.Ah, hell, I'm just going to keep believing that Humberto is the multiaccounter.

1. IG0tDibs $188,177 2. downosaur $98,014 3. Roberta114$70,534 4. roosterfish $54,961 5. flyndra $42,006 6. EirikS $30,098 7. PokerSkill$21,592 8. bobbybagpipe $13,086 9. barbar31 $8,113 This is the list of players who finished ahead of me. Anyone know who the multy accounter is?

lol, right, sorry I was confused and that was a stupid comment... ;-)whatever, I also say it was Humberto. :club:
1. IG0tDibs $188,177 2. downosaur $98,014 3. Roberta114$70,534 4. roosterfish $54,961 5. flyndra $42,006 6. EirikS $30,098 7. PokerSkill$21,592 8. bobbybagpipe $13,086 9. barbar31 $8,113 This is the list of players who finished ahead of me. Anyone know who the multy accounter is?
Can you eliminate anyone off the list? Anyone you know?
The only name I recognize there as a regular MTTer is downosaur...but that doesn't mean he's the culprit. I dunno Al, but congrats on shipping some more cash :club:
I hate you Stars for not making me comfortable that you are doing everything you can to stop collusion or multiaccounting. hate hate ...hate hate hate hate hate hate hate
That's a lot of hate man

Go to Johnny Bax thread, PMJ lists about 5-6 threads on P5's about all the multiaccounting going on with GBMantis, YourTimeIsUp, and JJProdigy. They have been getting outted pretty good, but it seems like it runs VERY deep. Basically they have a shit ton of accounts and also buy accounts from players once someone gets deep, then finish it up.It's pretty disgusting.

I created a p5s thread since Al called me and told me about this....too funny.I think Al was robbed of his Stars Million FT experience. Stars should open a private table, and have AL and Lee Jones sit at it, and have Lee entertain Al with corny jokes.

I created a p5s thread since Al called me and told me about this....too funny.I think Al was robbed of his Stars Million FT experience. Stars should open a private table, and have AL and Lee Jones sit at it, and have Lee entertain Al with corny jokes.
NH sir.
an account that was played by more than one person
This sounds more like "the account was handed off" than "someone was entered under multiple accounts".I always wish Stars would give more details in cases like this of exactly what the offender did that was against the rules. AFAIK there's no "one player to a hand" rule in online. Meaning it would be perfectly legal for someone to sit there and have JJProdigy sit behind them and tell them what to do. Though from what little was said in the e-mail from stars support that may not be the case.
This sounds more like "the account was handed off" than "someone was entered under multiple accounts".I always wish Stars would give more details in cases like this of exactly what the offender did that was against the rules. AFAIK there's no "one player to a hand" rule in online. Meaning it would be perfectly legal for someone to sit there and have JJProdigy sit behind them and tell them what to do. Though from what little was said in the e-mail from stars support that may not be the case.
Not that this answers your question regarding 'ghosting', but -Stars:With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars. Examples:
  1. You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.
  2. You and a friend, who is a tournament pro, are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.
  3. You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.
  4. Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.

I guess the main reason for the non-existence of that rule is, that it simply wouldn't be provable anyway. It's different if the IP adress of a player suddenly changes during a tourney...