This Happens To Me Every Time I Move Up A Level

Did I play this wrong? It seems like everytime I play at these tables this happens. I would like to know if I just played it bad or was it bad luck.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($211.15)CO ($42.40)Button ($233.60)SB ($80)BB ($212)UTG ($103.40)UTG+1 ($55.60)MP1 ($216.20)MP2 ($257.55)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Tclub.gif, Qclub.gif. UTG posts a blind of $2. 3 folds, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, Button calls $6, 2 folds.Flop: ($15) 7diamond.gif, Qspade.gif, 8heart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $15, Button calls $15.Turn: ($45) Aheart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $35, Button calls $35.River: ($115) Qdiamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $115, Button calls $115.Final Pot: $345No real read on the villian but my thought was two pair like 78 or KQ or AQ

Did I play this wrong? It seems like everytime I play at these tables this happens. I would like to know if I just played it bad or was it bad luck.Full Tilt Poker Game #3280343312: Table Horizon Lake - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:11:56 ET - 2007/08/17Seat 1: Full Tilt Mike ($211.15)Seat 2: Glennthemonkey ($42.40)Seat 3: raylapsley ($233.60)Seat 4: jaguar40 ($80)Seat 5: IG_Rounder ($212)Seat 6: Fury30 ($103.40)Seat 7: DimSum868 ($55.60)Seat 8: murpheys_law ($216.20)Seat 9: Steve565 ($257.55)IG_Rounder posts the small blind of $1Fury30 posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Full Tilt Mike [Tc Qc]DimSum868 foldsmurpheys_law foldsSteve565 foldsFull Tilt Mike raises to $6Glennthemonkey foldsraylapsley calls $6IG_Rounder foldsFury30 folds*** FLOP *** [7d Qs 8h]Full Tilt Mike bets $15raylapsley calls $15*** TURN *** [7d Qs 8h] [Ah]Full Tilt Mike has 15 seconds left to actFull Tilt Mike bets $35raylapsley calls $35*** RIVER *** [7d Qs 8h Ah] [Qd]Full Tilt Mike bets $115raylapsley calls $115*** SHOW DOWN ***Full Tilt Mike shows [Tc Qc] three of a kind, Queensraylapsley shows [8d 8c] a full house, Eights full of Queensraylapsley wins the pot ($342) with a full house, Eights full of Queens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $345 | Rake $3Board: [7d Qs 8h Ah Qd]Seat 1: Full Tilt Mike showed [Tc Qc] and lost with three of a kind, QueensSeat 2: Glennthemonkey didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: raylapsley (button) showed [8d 8c] and won ($342) with a full house, Eights full of QueensSeat 4: jaguar40 is sitting outSeat 5: IG_Rounder (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: Fury30 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 7: DimSum868 didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: murpheys_law didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: Steve565 didn't bet (folded)
Yes.

You could stop raising hands like Q10s from middle to late position. It's called a trouble hand for a reason. It's alright to steal the blinds, but after he flats the flop, I think I'd be shutting down.

If you were in position you could've played it differently but being OOP I don't see how you can't go broke here, assuming you raised preflop (and there's nothing wrong with it). You *could* check the turn but doing so invites villain to blow you off your hand. I bet a little less on the river, hoping to get calls from weaker hands. I feel that if we bet the pot, which is the equivalent of moving in I guess, then we only get called when behind. What's the deal with button's weak-tight play though? He doesn't deserve this pot.

I don't know if I can save money once the second Q hits, but there are a couple things I'd do differently.QTs is a trouble hand. I try to play it only in late position with lots of callers ahead of me. But, if you're going to open with it, yeah, you should raise.On the flop, it's a mostly dry flop and you only have a pair. Keep it small. You don't need to pot it. Maybe a half-pot bet.I'm not sure what you're beating once that turn card hits. Take a stab at it, but again, you only have second pair and the villain probably isn't drawing based on his flop call.The more interesting question is what would you have done if you got raised on any street.

i havent read anything, but it looks like you're throwing money away on the turn.the only hand here that he could have that makes betting worth it, is 9,10. and thats a tiny range which is silly to narrow to.i check /fold the turn if he makes a stab.if its checked through i probably call up to the pot on the river. i really dont like that hand much after he calls the flop bet.

Why raise UTG with QT? Seems like a bit of a loose play imo.I would have check folded the turn tbh, if he's called you when their are no obvious draws on the board and you've got middle pair weak kicker, i don't think you're in a very good situation.Once he called you on the turn, your hand is dead, even though you've hit another queen, you shouldn't bet it.The thing is, you're only really getting called by a hand that beats you so you're not getting much value from it, he could have been holding A8 yes, but you need to think what he could be calling your raise with on that board and i think it's clear that once he called the flop bet your hand is pretty weak.

PF I like. Flop I don't bet pot, $10 will suffice. Turn I don't mind betting, but I would have bet $30 into the $45 and it's more of a feeler bet/keep charging worse Qs and middle pair bet. River I bet about half pot. I don't reallllllly hate a check/call though, gives villain a chance to turn his middle pair into a bluff (not incredibly likely) and also certainly gets a bet from the Qs we are beating while not getting all in with the Qs we are behind.Edit: Looked the hand over a bit more and decided we aren't beating any Qs besides Q9, and that middle pairs 99-JJ aren't likely to v-bet the river or turn their hands into bluffs, so I value bet that river.

This sort of hand is useless out of position since it leads you into very tight spots without any info on the opponent. In a 9-handed game QTs is raisable on the cutoff or the button - otherwise, even if it is folded to you, there are always spots like these where it's easy to get into trouble. I too run into this problem when I play loose preflop out of position; I frequently end up in pots where I commit a considerable amount of chips by the turn with fairly marginal holdings.It must be said, however, that your opponent did a good job of letting you hang yourself.

This sort of hand is useless out of position since it leads you into very tight spots without any info on the opponent. In a 9-handed game QTs is raisable on the cutoff or the button - otherwise, even if it is folded to you, there are always spots like these where it's easy to get into trouble. I too run into this problem when I play loose preflop out of position; I frequently end up in pots where I commit a considerable amount of chips by the turn with fairly marginal holdings.It must be said, however, that your opponent did a good job of letting you hang yourself.
Oh I agree. I am sure he was sitting in his chair like Mr. Burns saying "Go ahead Smithers and make another huge bet"Anyway, 3 months ago I would just consider this another bad beat and think I played the hand perfectly. Now as I am maturing as a player. I concede that I am playing some of these hands wrong. That's why I decided to post the hand here and let some of you veterans take a look at it with different eyes.As it turned out I just plain got greedy with the hand. I did not have any indication that the villian was any good or not, I just convinced myself that he was a donk and I was gonna get paid. I was wrong.I have learned a great deal from this thread. Thanks everybody! I think I will post hands to strat more often now.