Haha, I almost didn't write that stuff cuz I didn't want people to think I'm on a high horse or anything. I know there are lots of people better than me at poker and I'm still very much learning, but I'm fairly sure that I can teach people how to beat the micros and what it takes to think about the game. It'd be more of a way to break old habits and learn about how to beat the game.So I know Zach was joking, and I def don't wanna come off as poker god or anything, just looking for some struggling players that wanna get better and are currently playing in the $10-$50max range.
For anyone considering this I would reccomend TSkillz most definitely. I would say his experience at actually playing low stakes for a long time would make him a very good coach(who I would be asking if I weren't already being staked).
So I was bored surfing Wikipedia and started looking up different kinds of suns and stars.There is a Sun called VY Canis Majoris that is 4900 light years away. It is the biggest sun known to man. It's radius extends from the center of our sun to the orbit of Saturn, meaning if you replaced it with our sun, it would envelop all planets up to and including Saturn. It would take 7 quadrillion Earths to fill it. It takes 8 HOURS for light to travel around its circumference, vs. 14.5 seconds around our Sun's circumference. It's solar mass is 2100x that of our Sun.Shit boggles my mind.
Jesus christ that's one of the most insane things I've ever heard
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was bored surfing Wikipedia and started looking up different kinds of suns and stars.There is a Sun called VY Canis Majoris that is 4900 light years away. It is the biggest sun known to man. It's radius extends from the center of our sun to the orbit of Saturn, meaning if you replaced it with our sun, it would envelop all planets up to and including Saturn. It would take 7 quadrillion Earths to fill it. It takes 8 HOURS for light to travel around its circumference, vs. 14.5 seconds around our Sun's circumference. It's solar mass is 2100x that of our Sun.Shit boggles my mind.
cosmology is one of my favorite subjects.

Well, I got a rich display of amazing tennis tonight/this morning. It's so good for the game when those two meet. I'm still choked up over Federer's comments at the closing ceremony though. I think he's starting to get really emotional about the game and the rivalry with Nadal. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I could see the look of a man who just had his spirits crushed and that is not something I have ever seen from him...

Well, I got a rich display of amazing tennis tonight/this morning. It's so good for the game when those two meet. I'm still choked up over Federer's comments at the closing ceremony though. I think he's starting to get really emotional about the game and the rivalry with Nadal. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I could see the look of a man who just had his spirits crushed and that is not something I have ever seen from him...
What do you think of this article?Why Roger needs Rafa

I just played a 552 hand session.I'll list the last times I played more than 500 hands in one day:30th October: 649 hands10th October: 1061 hands3rd September: 646 handsHopefully I can hit 1k tomorrow, and then keep that up for a while. Anyone want to take action on me playing more than 20k hands this month?

I just played a 552 hand session.I'll list the last times I played more than 500 hands in one day:30th October: 649 hands10th October: 1061 hands3rd September: 646 handsHopefully I can hit 1k tomorrow, and then keep that up for a while. Anyone want to take action on me playing more than 20k hands this month?
I'm a baller obv - $25?What limits you playing now? Still on the variable stake?
I'm a baller obv - $25?What limits you playing now? Still on the variable stake?
Playing 100nl and 200nl, with some 50plo/100plo if I feel like it$25 booked. I really should just ship it straight to you because this is basically impossible for me. At least it gives me an incentive to try and play a lot more hands.If anyone else is interested I'll leave the bet open for another couple days.
Cool glglYou can buyout now for 22.50 :club:
LOLAnd I like the article about Nadal/Federer. I love that their rivalry just makes for the most insane displays of tennis I've ever seen, I just wish that Federer would stop playing timid against Nadal. It's sort of like he isn't willing to go out of his comfort zone against Nadal, and he won't attack. He falls back on defensive Tennis in too many points because it works against so many people, but not against Nadal. I feel like he just isn't aggressive enough against Nadal. Nadal was basically down and out in the third set, Federer should have easily pounced on his obvious pain, but he just kept waiting for Nadal to make an error instead of going for the win, and it lost him the match.

Full Tilt Poker Game #10414307984: Table Erica (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:46:56 ET - 2009/02/03Seat 1: pamela500 ($14.10)Seat 2: NoBBiRRoAR ($16)Seat 3: Grischuk ($2.70)Seat 4: dodders ($5)Seat 5: robenick ($16.85)Seat 6: Thugerrish ($9.75)Thugerrish posts the small blind of $0.05pamela500 posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Ts 9s]NoBBiRRoAR raises to $0.35Grischuk foldsdodders calls $0.35robenick foldsThugerrish calls $0.30pamela500 folds*** FLOP *** [8s 6d 9d]Thugerrish checksNoBBiRRoAR bets $0.75dodders calls $0.75Thugerrish folds*** TURN *** [8s 6d 9d] [3d]NoBBiRRoAR bets $2dodders raises to $3.90, and is all inNoBBiRRoAR calls $1.90dodders shows [Js Kh]NoBBiRRoAR shows [Ts 9s]*** RIVER *** [8s 6d 9d 3d] [Kc]dodders shows a pair of KingsNoBBiRRoAR shows a pair of Ninesdodders wins the pot ($9.45) with a pair of Kings*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $10.45 | Rake $1Board: [8s 6d 9d 3d Kc]Seat 1: pamela500 (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: NoBBiRRoAR showed [Ts 9s] and lost with a pair of NinesSeat 3: Grischuk didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: dodders showed [Js Kh] and won ($9.45) with a pair of KingsSeat 5: robenick (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: Thugerrish (small blind) folded on the FlopI love fish.

Full Tilt Poker Game #10417181552: Table Baker (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:31:22 ET - 2009/02/03Seat 1: LanceBass ($2)Seat 2: RestecpMyRaises ($6.60)Seat 3: NoBBiRRoAR ($14)Seat 4: sedderzz ($11.40), is sitting outSeat 5: nomoredonking ($10)Seat 6: Ledlasta ($13.05)nomoredonking posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Ac Th]Ledlasta calls $0.10RestecpMyRaises raises to $0.40NoBBiRRoAR raises to $1.15nomoredonking adds $0.10nomoredonking foldsLedlasta calls $1.05RestecpMyRaises folds*** FLOP *** [3d Jh Jc]Ledlasta checksNoBBiRRoAR bets $2Ledlasta calls $2*** TURN *** [3d Jh Jc] [2s]Ledlasta checksNoBBiRRoAR has 15 seconds left to actNoBBiRRoAR checks*** RIVER *** [3d Jh Jc 2s] [Qc]Ledlasta checksNoBBiRRoAR checks*** SHOW DOWN ***NoBBiRRoAR shows [Ac Th] a pair of JacksLedlasta shows [Tc Qh] two pair, Queens and JacksLedlasta wins the pot ($6.15) with two pair, Queens and Jacks*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $6.80 | Rake $0.65Board: [3d Jh Jc 2s Qc]Seat 1: LanceBass is sitting outSeat 2: RestecpMyRaises folded before the FlopSeat 3: NoBBiRRoAR (button) showed [Ac Th] and lost with a pair of JacksSeat 4: sedderzz is sitting outSeat 5: nomoredonking (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: Ledlasta showed [Tc Qh] and won ($6.15) with two pair, Queens and JacksScratch that. I hate fish.

Full Tilt Poker Game #10450549020: Table Energy (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:07:52 ET - 2009/02/05Seat 1: xblackrainbowx ($10)Seat 2: dark_makarov ($10)Seat 3: DearSlob ($23.90)Seat 4: NoBBiRRoAR ($13.90)Seat 5: DirtyTrashFish ($17.05)Seat 6: LaoTzu007 ($15.75)NoBBiRRoAR posts the small blind of $0.05DirtyTrashFish posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Ah Ad]LaoTzu007 foldsxblackrainbowx has 15 seconds left to actxblackrainbowx is sitting outxblackrainbowx foldsdark_makarov foldsxblackrainbowx stands upDearSlob raises to $0.35NoBBiRRoAR raises to $1.20DirtyTrashFish foldsDearSlob raises to $3.70NoBBiRRoAR has 15 seconds left to actbaistamo adds $10NoBBiRRoAR raises to $6.20DearSlob calls $2.50*** FLOP *** [8s Jh 8c]NoBBiRRoAR bets $7.70, and is all inDearSlob calls $7.70NoBBiRRoAR shows [Ah Ad]DearSlob shows [6h 8h]*** TURN *** [8s Jh 8c] [Jd]*** RIVER *** [8s Jh 8c Jd] [6s]NoBBiRRoAR shows two pair, Aces and JacksDearSlob shows a full house, Eights full of JacksDearSlob wins the pot ($25.90) with a full house, Eights full of JacksNoBBiRRoAR: omfgNoBBiRRoAR: wowNoBBiRRoAR adds $10*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $27.90 | Rake $2Board: [8s Jh 8c Jd 6s]Seat 1: xblackrainbowx didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: dark_makarov didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: DearSlob (button) showed [6h 8h] and won ($25.90) with a full house, Eights full of JacksSeat 4: NoBBiRRoAR (small blind) showed [Ah Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 5: DirtyTrashFish (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: LaoTzu007 didn't bet (folded)Oh, My, ****ing, God.

Full Tilt Poker Game #10450549020: Table Energy (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:07:52 ET - 2009/02/05Seat 1: xblackrainbowx ($10)Seat 2: dark_makarov ($10)Seat 3: DearSlob ($23.90)Seat 4: NoBBiRRoAR ($13.90)Seat 5: DirtyTrashFish ($17.05)Seat 6: LaoTzu007 ($15.75)NoBBiRRoAR posts the small blind of $0.05DirtyTrashFish posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [Ah Ad]LaoTzu007 foldsxblackrainbowx has 15 seconds left to actxblackrainbowx is sitting outxblackrainbowx foldsdark_makarov foldsxblackrainbowx stands upDearSlob raises to $0.35NoBBiRRoAR raises to $1.20DirtyTrashFish foldsDearSlob raises to $3.70NoBBiRRoAR has 15 seconds left to actbaistamo adds $10NoBBiRRoAR raises to $6.20DearSlob calls $2.50*** FLOP *** [8s Jh 8c]NoBBiRRoAR bets $7.70, and is all inDearSlob calls $7.70NoBBiRRoAR shows [Ah Ad]DearSlob shows [6h 8h]*** TURN *** [8s Jh 8c] [Jd]*** RIVER *** [8s Jh 8c Jd] [6s]NoBBiRRoAR shows two pair, Aces and JacksDearSlob shows a full house, Eights full of JacksDearSlob wins the pot ($25.90) with a full house, Eights full of JacksNoBBiRRoAR: omfgNoBBiRRoAR: wowNoBBiRRoAR adds $10*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $27.90 | Rake $2Board: [8s Jh 8c Jd 6s]Seat 1: xblackrainbowx didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: dark_makarov didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: DearSlob (button) showed [6h 8h] and won ($25.90) with a full house, Eights full of JacksSeat 4: NoBBiRRoAR (small blind) showed [Ah Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 5: DirtyTrashFish (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: LaoTzu007 didn't bet (folded)Oh, My, ****ing, God.
I bet i can make you cry... I'll offer 2-1 odds!

I'm up to 3035 hands played this month, and it's only 9 days in. Yay.At this rate I'll be at 10k by the month's end.All I need is to add in an extra 10k hands somewhere, and the bet is won. Simple. Ish.

Yeah it does look kinda pricey, but I'm coming from Mass where a 2 BR, no utils, costs me $850/month. A comparably sized apartment in the shitslumsideof Boston would run me like $2000. Just ridiculous. I may be looking in the wrong places, but it seems like you can rent an entire house (which I obv don't need or even want) in some areas of Summerlin for about that price. The whole planned community thing is ****ing weird though, and I don't know to what extent they provide rentals only.

Summerlin is quite a ways away from downtown too. I dunno what you're really looking for, but if it's suburbia, then Vegas will be a good place for you. The entire area is just massive sprawl.The good part, though, is that it's all relatively new, since their population has been booming for the last decade or two.I know a lot about Vegas, but mostly in and around the strip and downtown. Matt would be a lot better with the different neighborhoods.My experiences, though, are renting a house in the Silverado Ranch area, for a month. Nice neighborhood, but just standard suburbia. Also rented a condo a bit North of Silverado Ranch, off of LV Blvd near South Point. It was a gated condo community of about 8 different buildings, but it was decent too.It really all just depends what you're looking for, to be honest.

Basically looking for a quiet, safe, suburbia type community. The school where I'm interviewing is in Summerlin, so that's really the reason for why I'm looking at it (plus reputation). Thing is, I have no experience or actual knowledge with, one, condominium purchases, and, two, planned communities. Ideally I'd like to rent a good 2/3BR apt for <$2k in a nice neighborhood. But I don't know to what extent a planned community like Summerlin even rents out apartments; they have lots of condos and houses for rent, instead. My objective, ideally, is to live much better than I can now. Here on the east coast, we have to practically beg for everything we get and be glad about what scraps are thrown our way. The cost of living is high and rents are through the roof. My cousin rents a 2 BR in Boston, for $1,800, no utils, nothing else, to live in an area with modest crime and heavy noise. So on my salary I cannot afford to do much of anything. So my friends recommend that I take a job elsewhere where everything's cheaper, and I'm wondering how well I can live in Vegas. With few expenses, I can spot $2k/month easily for rent/utils/fees/bills/food. Once we get to 2500 it gets dicier. Still manageable, though, especially if my gf comes to live with me.edit: As an aside, **** Boston. Last year I remember touring some apts, and I found one on Beacon St: 2 BR for 2400. My gf didn't get the job she wanted, otherwise we may have moved there. I'm glad I didn't; environment was noisy, I could hear the neighbors clear as day during the tour, and the space was a bit cramped. Plus we were on the 2nd floor, which is obv the worst. That's 3x what I pay now, a larger apartment in a much nicer location (on the water) that's quieter (small building, great neighbors). But that's what you pay for the privilege to have Starbucks and homeless people on every corner.

Random semi-unrelated thing. If you plan on staying in LV for a while, buy a house.I don't know what the rental market is like out there for houses or anything in Summerlin, to be honest. My experiences have all been vacation rentals, which are always way overpriced.Seriously though, renting is a waste of money. I know because I rent... $1850 for a 1 bedroom plus tiny office (incl utilities, at least). For a payment like the one you said, <2k, you could get more than enough of a mortgage and build some equity instead of never seeing anything from the rent. I'm sure you've heard all this, it's just finally clicked in my mind, so I'm repeating it. :club:

I'm up to 3035 hands played this month, and it's only 9 days in. Yay.At this rate I'll be at 10k by the month's end.All I need is to add in an extra 10k hands somewhere, and the bet is won. Simple. Ish.
1 tabling HU is a good way to get volume doneI'm actually semi-rooting for you to do this, i've always thought it absurd that someone with a good amount of poker knowledge gets so little volume in