If you're going to start at 10nl again then get on AP ASAP with RB. The players are horrible. Like I said my winrate is over 11 ptbb at 10nl. I mean that is just ridiculous and way unsustainable anywhere else. This must be what Party was like about five years ago, when everyone was killing midstakes NLHE for over 10 ptbb/100. FTP is a headache by comparison; 10/25 nl shouldn't be as hard as it is there.AP has plenty of 6-max NL tables since the UB merger. I never have a problem finding an open (4/6 or 5/6) 25/10nl game. The only problem is that games can break easily due to the epic retardation you'll often witness. E.g. you're at a full table, two players are short, and they spazz out on consecutive hands and bust. A regular now quits and the other guy is "sitting out." It's true that there are more shortstacks than you'd like, but that's counterbalanced by the fact that total morons can buy in deepstacked (200 BBs). Incidentally, that feature comes in hand when hunting $10nl superfish, so it's as if you're playing $25nl with them. Cake doesn't allow HUDs, from what I've read in posts as recently as October 2008. The site considers the use of tracking software cheating, so they're unlikely to change their ways any time soon.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any ideas on putting money on a new site?I was thinking Cake (33% RB) and Absolute (weak players from what I've heard). Sound agreeable to everyone, or is there a better site or two to put money on?
AP is the only way to fly. I have a little $ on CAKE. I've played ... 5 sessions there and never lost $, but I'm looking to get rid of it because it seems a little clunky to me and I have to use my PC to play there, which I don't like. Also, check with Seth (cardcore) about www.texasholdem.com ... I've been meaning to put $ there and check it out, but, just like with CAKE, my MAC runs so much better than my PC it's hard to actually make the leap.
AP has all that controversy but you can get rb and it's by far the easiest site available to Americans. My wr there is almost double what it is on FTP (25 nl about 5.5 and 10nl over 11). Cake doesn't allow PTracker or HUDs, from what I hear, which may or may not interest you. Personally I would like that, as I never play more than 4 tables and thus don't have much use for HUDs. So it'd be an edge over the HUDBOTS who cannot do any thinking on their own; and it would, I'd assume, deter grinders from joining. FWIW I agree with Cake that PTracker should be banned, though that's another discussion entirely.
I don't like all the tracking software, either. I think all the sites should ban it. I really think AP / UB has done a lot to ensure their site is solid. I think if you're looking for reasons to mistrust online poker, it may be that so many hands are "action hands" (pumping up the rake).
I'm not too concerned honestly with huds either. I was 6 tabling pretty successfully on FTP at 10 and 25 without a hud, so unless I plan on starting to play more than that a HUDless game doesn't present a problem.I've heard that AP doesn't have a lot of tables going though, is that true?Or anyone that plays cake, is there a decent amount of tables going? And is the Hudless set up true? I'd like to play on a site without huds to deter my opponents from using one since I don't.I have no intention of playing on FTP again though. Too many regs and since I'm starting at 10nl again, I don't have any desire to pay super-rake.
Not at all. Since the merger, I don't think it's unusual to see 15-30 tables FR and 6 max at any low to mid-stakes level you want to play, up to $400 NL. Problem is that 75% of the tables are BB tables. I kind of swing back and forth. Also, the players tend to gravitate to the BBJP tables and play short. That's good and bad because some of the action is so inexplicable. When the JP is high, I play the BB tables. When the JP is low, I play the non-BB JP tables. I have also anecdotally started thinking that the action is much better on the non-BB JP tables, FWIW, but I have no hard evidence of this. Rakeback is a must.
If you're going to start at 10nl again then get on AP ASAP with RB. The players are horrible. Like I said my winrate is over 11 ptbb at 10nl. I mean that is just ridiculous and way unsustainable anywhere else. This must be what Party was like about five years ago, when everyone was killing midstakes NLHE for over 10 ptbb/100. FTP is a headache by comparison; 10/25 nl shouldn't be as hard as it is there.AP has plenty of 6-max NL tables since the UB merger. I never have a problem finding an open (4/6 or 5/6) 25/10nl game. The only problem is that games can break easily due to the epic retardation you'll often witness. E.g. you're at a full table, two players are short, and they spazz out on consecutive hands and bust. A regular now quits and the other guy is "sitting out." It's true that there are more shortstacks than you'd like, but that's counterbalanced by the fact that total morons can buy in deepstacked (200 BBs). Incidentally, that feature comes in hand when hunting $10nl superfish, so it's as if you're playing $25nl with them. Cake doesn't allow HUDs, from what I've read in posts as recently as October 2008. The site considers the use of tracking software cheating, so they're unlikely to change their ways any time soon.
The PC-native AP software also has a "buddy notification" element to it. You don't even have to look, they let you know when your buddy logs in. It doesn't work if you are MAC, running the site via JAVA.I think AP is probably the best bet, but CAKE and www.texasholdem.com might be options. I quit FT for good when I lost to 3 straight flushes and 2 quads (something like) in a 1.5 hour session of HU and SNG play. I don't miss FT AT ALL.
wtf good is bowling without prop bets?you aren't invited to our standard fcp vegas bowling drunkfest with an attitude like that
LOL.And thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna put half my roll on AP and half on Cake and spin the luckbox wheel.
I'm literally bored at work.There's no one to skype with at 8 am. Poker is so lonely. :'(
You get up too early for a poker player.
wtf good is bowling without prop bets?you aren't invited to our standard fcp vegas bowling drunkfest with an attitude like that
Am I?? I bowled a 205 righty and a 137 lefty yesterday. First time bowling in ~3 years.I have pretty bad carpal tunnel in both hands, so I only bowled one game with each hand. If betting were involved I could probably bowl 2-3 righty but I'd be in agony at work for a few days.
Am I?? I bowled a 205 righty and a 137 lefty yesterday. First time bowling in ~3 years.I have pretty bad carpal tunnel in both hands, so I only bowled one game with each hand. If betting were involved I could probably bowl 2-3 righty but I'd be in agony at work for a few days.
You'd obv spot us a billion points. I think I shot like 97/123 the last 2 games I played there, LOL. Drinking makes bowling hard.

I think I bowled a 130 once when I was sober. I felt like I should be on ESPN.ISAB.However, Wii bowling I'm pretty decent at I regularly bowl in the 200's. This girl I know who sucks at all other wii sports bowled a 285 once, so take that with a grain of salt.

Federers in the Semi's :)He whipped Del Potro like a red headed step child. Everyone thought Nadal's performance against Haas was good, jesus christ, this was a slaughter. Federer had 12 aces, no doubles, 38 winners, 9 UE, produced a straight set quarterfinal win with two bagels over a top 10 opponent. Give me a break!?

How's Absolute goin guys? I'm staking a couple guys on Absolute and neither are going that great. I'm hoping to stake a few BAW's or NL strat guys in a month or two when hopefully I'm more liquid. Would be a standard 50/50 + stakeback and half your rakeback. Probably be staking for .10-.25 or .25-.50 based on stats etc and we'd work your way up. It'd be similar to the program I'm currently getting staked for now.There'd be a few things on your end you'd hafta do, like get either pt3 or HEM, get headset and skype, etc. But I just thought I'd throw it out there to see if any of you would be interested. Again it won't be for at least a month and possibly longer, but I kind of wanna grab 2-4 players and help teach them how to beat $50-$100max effectively. Just thought I'd throw it out there since I don't think I'm going to make an open thread for it when I'm ready to do it, cuz I don't wanna get crushed with PMs or hafta deal with random people I don't trust with my money.

Haha, I almost didn't write that stuff cuz I didn't want people to think I'm on a high horse or anything. I know there are lots of people better than me at poker and I'm still very much learning, but I'm fairly sure that I can teach people how to beat the micros and what it takes to think about the game. It'd be more of a way to break old habits and learn about how to beat the game.So I know Zach was joking, and I def don't wanna come off as poker god or anything, just looking for some struggling players that wanna get better and are currently playing in the $10-$50max range.

Full Tilt Poker Game #10287085021: Table Tole (deep 6) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:11:49 ET - 2009/01/27Seat 1: ljoha ($9.85)Seat 2: fullhouse9779 ($9.80)Seat 3: philszone ($17), is sitting outSeat 4: NoBBiRRoAR ($12.95)Seat 5: GOD--ADA ($9.30)Seat 6: Ryu jae moon ($20.50)fullhouse9779 has 5 seconds left to actfullhouse9779 posts the small blind of $0.05NoBBiRRoAR posts the big blind of $0.10The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to NoBBiRRoAR [2c 2h]GOD--ADA foldsRyu jae moon foldsljoha foldsfullhouse9779 calls $0.05NoBBiRRoAR has 15 seconds left to actNoBBiRRoAR checks*** FLOP *** [2s 3d 2d]fullhouse9779 checksNoBBiRRoAR checks*** TURN *** [2s 3d 2d] [Kc]fullhouse9779 checksNoBBiRRoAR bets $0.15fullhouse9779 foldsUncalled bet of $0.15 returned to NoBBiRRoARNoBBiRRoAR mucksNoBBiRRoAR wins the pot ($0.20)*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $0.20 | Rake $0Board: [2s 3d 2d Kc]Seat 1: ljoha (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: fullhouse9779 (small blind) folded on the TurnSeat 3: philszone is sitting outSeat 4: NoBBiRRoAR (big blind) collected ($0.20), muckedSeat 5: GOD--ADA didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: Ryu jae moon didn't bet (folded)This is just how I have been running all ****ing week

It's time I post this. Im gonna express it in Full 100 BB buyins because it hurts lessBrag:Winning consistently at 10c/25c since last year.Thus getting BR up to 20 full buyins for 25c/50c.Giving 25c/50c a shot.Running over 25c/50c tables in "NSU"-mode ("Near-Super-user") mode.If there ever was such a thing as "the zone" I was so totally in it. I could nearly see my opponents cards and made hero-calls with AK high on the river when I knew I was good.And I was right just about everytime.Getting my BR up to 30 full buyins for 25c/50c within three days (!)Beat:Got busted in the most akward spots since then and am at a point were I am only properly rolled with 30 full buyins for 10c/25c within a week. Do the math yourself. I lost the last three buy ins in flipping situations after playing weak tight myself and almost not even daring to c-bet with AK. (tilt)Variance:I have no idea.... is it ("variance")?Is this probably a case of regs on what I initially felt were weak-tight tables adjusting to "the new fish" at their level? (if so I should probably create new users) Obv. calling riverbets too long with AK high is highly exploitable over the long run.I feel empty and will have to move down.Oh... and WTF is wrong with those players that buy in for like 22 US$ at these stakes and then still call raises with 65 sooted OOP only to shove as soon as they hit bottom pair. And why do they own me so badly? Are they successfully implementing that strange strategy from phil gordons "little green book"?So I move down :-IAny of you have a similar experience when movin up in stakes?

I think a lot of people have the crush a stake and move up and drop down quick experience. It just happens

Any of you have a similar experience when movin up in stakes?
I lost 10 BI this past 7 days. I might move down TWO levels if I play again any time soon.AA<KK AIPF three times.AA<AK AIPF twiceKK<JJ AIPF twiceAsKs < 5s6s and similar AI on the turn with naked flush draws three timestop two pair w/second nut flush draw < naked A high flush draw AI on the turn twiceFour top sets destroyed AI on the flop by runnersNut flush < SF

I'm on perma-tilt since trying to move up to $200. Down like over 6 buyins there, the regs are much tougher and ISAP. It also moved to me tilting at $100 max and overall has been a pretty horrible experience, as I'm down money on the month over 45k hands! Moving up is very tough sometimes, and it's really easy to move down into your comfort zone and not move up again. IMO if you don't need the money to live on, you should continually try to move up and challenge yourself to be the best you can be. At least until you reach the mid-stakes games where you can really make money.So yeah, it happens to everyone. I would guess it was a mixture of the money being double(!ZOMG) and the regs being slightly better along with you running a little bad. Plus you probably ran good when you were on the move up and thought you were a little better than you were at crushing $25.

So I was bored surfing Wikipedia and started looking up different kinds of suns and stars.There is a Sun called VY Canis Majoris that is 4900 light years away. It is the biggest sun known to man. It's radius extends from the center of our sun to the orbit of Saturn, meaning if you replaced it with our sun, it would envelop all planets up to and including Saturn. It would take 7 quadrillion Earths to fill it. It takes 8 HOURS for light to travel around its circumference, vs. 14.5 seconds around our Sun's circumference. It's solar mass is 2100x that of our Sun.Shit boggles my mind.