Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($58.20)Hero (UTG) ($25)Button ($49.80)SB ($15)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Qdiamond.gif, Kclub.gifHero raises to $0.85, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60Flop: ($2.55) Kdiamond.gif, 4heart.gif, Kspade.gif(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checksTurn: ($2.55) 2club.gif(3 players)SB bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80, Hero raises to $6.75, 1 fold, BB calls $4.95River: ($17.85) Jheart.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $17.40 (All-In), BB calls $17.40Total pot: $52.65 | Rake: $2This guy just happens to be an 80/30. Shows KJ.And so I cash out. No thanks Full Tilt :club: I don't get how I can grind 10nl for almost 400 in a month, but then as soon as I get to 25 I start to run like shit in every threebet pot. I wish I had PT to see how incredibly unoften I flop a pair with AK or AQ. And I think every set I've flopped in the last 2 weeks has been cracked.BLAHHHHHHHH.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh, I just misclick folded top pair + NFD in a 3-bet pot against the 58/31 donk who I'd stayed at the table in order to stack. :club:
Sunday night, I misclick folded a combo draw and hit a gutterball straight flush for 150 BBs (villain shoved TPNK -- i had a billion outs -- over my raise and all I had to do was find the "call" button, which apparently was too complicated for me). Since then, I've been oversetted three times (I NEVER ****ING OVERSET ANYONE) (BTW ... oversetting seems to be an AP thing, I've been oversetted about 15 times this MONTH) and seen my KK and QQ go down to AA four times. I run so ****ing bad, I can't afford to misclick fold straight flushes.
Sunday night, I misclick folded a combo draw and hit a gutterball straight flush for 150 BBs (villain shoved TPNK -- i had a billion outs -- over my raise and all I had to do was find the "call" button, which apparently was too complicated for me). Since then, I've been oversetted three times (I NEVER ****ING OVERSET ANYONE) (BTW ... oversetting seems to be an AP thing, I've been oversetted about 15 times this MONTH) and seen my KK and QQ go down to AA four times. I run so ****ing bad, I can't afford to misclick fold straight flushes.
Ugh, nasty. I didn't run particularly well for the rest of that session afterwards either. It must be variance's way of punishing us for poor hand-eye coordination. :club:
It must be variance's way of punishing us for poor hand-eye coordination. :club:
Should've played more video games obv. I think I make a misclick once every 6 months or so.
were you a FPS or a RTS guy?
I'm going with a wild guess, RTS.
lol, I need to buy a Nintendo Wii. My nephew let me borrow his for a week and I spent like 8 hours on Mario Kart in one day. :club:
Lol. Buy a 360 or PS3 and buy Fallout 3. Omfg talk about life being taken over.
:club: I was very much that way with counter-strike. I still play it pretty regularly actually.
I was as well. 1.5-1.6 owned my life, but source sort of ended my addiction. I dunno why.I actually was playing Day Of Defeat for a long while as well. In my opinion, that was the best FPS World War 2 game ever made, and it got absolutely shit on in terms of marketing and reviews. I think the lack of vehicles made the game not retarded, and too many games today focus on the vehicle aspect in FPS and it makes it incredibly annoying spawning/dying/spawning/dying to tanks and airstrikes and shit. It was balanced and not retarded like BF1942 where you get airstruck every 5 ****ing seconds.
:club: I was very much that way with counter-strike. I still play it pretty regularly actually.
Oh this takes me back, my and my mates used to be obsessed with CSS, which sucked as I have terrible gaming skills and always got owned :ts
were you a FPS or a RTS guy?
I'd say both.On the FPS side, I played Quake, Turok 2, Perfect Dark, BF1942, and Timesplitter 2 & 3 pretty extensively. On the RTS side, I played Red Alert 1 & 2, C&C: Generals, Total Annihilation, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth 2, and Rise of Nations. I'd consider myself decently competent in having beat all of those. Past few years, I've probably played a lot more music and party games though.
20080114.jpgThis has to be one of the best sites on the internet. I haven't looked at it for like 2 years, which is nice because I have so many comics to look back on.
video game talk
I'm thinking about buying a next gen system. I have PS2 and I've basically only played Madden and Fifa on it for the past 3 yrs and I hardly ever play it at all anymore. My favorite game of all time was Goldeneye 007, and I loved Perfect Dark as well. I guess I like some First Person Shooters, but I'm not a super gamer. I don't think I'd be interested in playing online, or use the system for anything but a gaming system and dvd player. What system would you suggest I buy? I was really close to buying a system on a whim yesterday. You also said Fable II was rocking your world, now Fallout II. Is Fable over already? How much fun did you get out of that game? I like GTA the first one on ps2 a decent amount but it got kind of old. I may like those games too. I'm also semi-intrigued by Final Fantasy, but I enjoy turn based games like War games, Starcraft etc, I'd really like a turn based game that had to do with War like Civil War etc. Any info would be appreciated I've done some googling and it seems most people that are eloquent think the difference between price and system is marginal after you get the stuff you need for each thing. I don't really want to spend more than $500 and I want at least 2 games and 2 controllers.Thanks for any help!
My favorite game of all time was Goldeneye 007, and I loved Perfect Dark as well.
I never really got on the Goldeneye bandwagon, so I never liked getting slaughtered when it came out. Fortunately, I hopped right on Perfect Dark and was able to hold my own. It had so many nice tweaks. It was the first console FPS that I remembered where you could add bots. So you finally got the feel for PC gaming. Also, the FarSight and Slayer were pretty much hilarity, even though some people found them cheap. N-bombs were kind of fun/new too. The only thing that was a pain was when you put Reapers in the game and a bunch of people starting using them...it'd slow to a total crawl.
What system would you suggest I buy?
If you want a system that's good for parties, I suggest the Wii. That said, the Wii's no good for some genres or games where you need a lot of memory. It had a very limited hard drive. If you're more looking for solo, then I'd go with the Xbox 360 or PS3. A lot of people prefer Xbox 360, but I appreciate that the PS3 is also my main DVD player and supports Bluray.
If you want a system that's good for parties, I suggest the Wii. That said, the Wii's no good for some genres or games where you need a lot of memory. It had a very limited hard drive. If you're more looking for solo, then I'd go with the Xbox 360 or PS3. A lot of people prefer Xbox 360, but I appreciate that the PS3 is also my main DVD player and supports Bluray.
I think the fact that I have only one friend rules out the Wii. Maybe when I have a family or something, my nephews love it. It's mainly PS# v Xbox360 imo. I just cant decide which is better for me. I think it's a decision I won't hafta make til Spring. I'm really trying to focus on using my spare time as much as possible on playing poker. Hence the very few posts I've made in here in the past few months and on FCP in general.

Hmph:

I'm thinking about buying a next gen system. I have PS2 and I've basically only played Madden and Fifa on it for the past 3 yrs and I hardly ever play it at all anymore. My favorite game of all time was Goldeneye 007, and I loved Perfect Dark as well. I guess I like some First Person Shooters, but I'm not a super gamer. I don't think I'd be interested in playing online, or use the system for anything but a gaming system and dvd player. What system would you suggest I buy? I was really close to buying a system on a whim yesterday.
Alright so you have a lot in common with me. I love Madden, and have played it religiously since Madden '94 on SNES. I'm also a FPS nut. I played Goldeneye a shit ton when N64 was big, and me and a friend still occasionally play Perfect Dark because it's so timeless imo. As for online usage, I think you might be misleading yourself if you have a good cable connection and think you won't play online. Games like Halo 3, Call of Duty, Madden, Gears of War, GTA4, etc. are ridiculously fun online. If you think you feel like you never will want to play a game online (which I think you would change your tune if you played a few online on a friends console or something), then it's a toss up between Xbox360 and PS3. PS3 has an advantage on certain games like Metal Gear Solid 4 (and apparently Resistence 2 is awesome) and they control the Final Fantasy license. 360 has an advantage on a lot of other RPGs like Oblivion (which is out for PS3 now apparently, but ports suck), and Fable, while still commanding great FPS games like Halo and Gears of War. My friend has a PS3, while I have a 360. He brags a lot about it, but I think 360 out does it handily. There are a lot more games and basically the only games that Bill Gates can't get a hold of are Metal Gear and Final Fantasy.If you like RPG and FPS, I suggest (no matter the system you get) to buy Fallout 3. It combines the two marvelously. The game is absolutely amazing. It is made by Bethesda who made Oblivion, which is another game I suggest whole-heartily. Oblivion has such a massive scope it's ridiculous. Also, you're a history teacher, so I assume you love history (I'm thinking of choosing history as my major at the end of this year), so I assume, like me, you like Medieval stuff. Oblivion, like Fallout is a First Person/Third Person (you can pick which perspective suits you) game with a huge unending story-line.In the end it's sort of a coinflip if you're totally uninterested in online play (if you might warm up to it, I would choose 360. Despite having to buy a $50 dollar yearly Xbox live account, I think the service seems a lot better). I still recommend 360 because it is cheaper and has a wider variety of games.
You also said Fable II was rocking your world, now Fallout II. Is Fable over already? How much fun did you get out of that game? I like GTA the first one on ps2 a decent amount but it got kind of old. I may like those games too. I'm also semi-intrigued by Final Fantasy, but I enjoy turn based games like War games, Starcraft etc, I'd really like a turn based game that had to do with War like Civil War etc.
Fable II rocked my world for a good week. That might not seem like a long time, but I have this thing where once I start an RPG, I basically don't put it down until it's finished. I spent 30 hours on Fallout 3 in 4 days, for instance (and I still skipped a lot of stuff to rush to the ending). Somehow I do this and still manage to have a life, which is strange. GTA4 is a great game if you liked the first one. It will feel a lot similar, but if you haven't played GTA3 for a long time you'll have no problem picking the game up without feeling like you've already done this. It's also got a great story. It has very little replay value though. Final Fantasy has, imo, gone down the tubes a bit since FF8 and FF9. Ten and Twelve were sort of snooze fests, and 11 was an online MMORPG. I spent tons of time on 7, 8, and 9 and like most RPGs couldn't put them down. But I didn't even finish X or XII. They were just painful to continue. Hopefully XIII doesn't suck, or if they were smart they would remake 7 which would probably be the highest grossing game of all time. I would drop 400 dollars on a PS3 and that game if it ever came out in a heartbeat. As for Starcraft, I played that game religiously over a long period of time as well (say, 1999-2005). A kid I went to school with and used to play it a lot with was actually given the chance to play the game professionally with sponsorships and turned it down (wtf). If that interests you, Starcraft 2 is coming out for PC reasonably soon as far as I know. Turn based Civil war games I don't know anything about, but like you, I wouldn't mind playing them. I've been to Gettysburg more than any human I know.
Any info would be appreciated I've done some googling and it seems most people that are eloquent think the difference between price and system is marginal after you get the stuff you need for each thing. I don't really want to spend more than $500 and I want at least 2 games and 2 controllers.Thanks for any help!
If you don't want to spend a lot, 360 is better. You can get the system for 200 which comes with one controller, another controller and two games for 170, and still have money left for any other games or a harddrive if one doesn't come with your system. PS3 still costs AT LEAST 300 in most places before getting a game.
I agree with this, except I basically never use bluray so that functionality doesn't influence my decision making. I think Wii could make you kill yourself though if you have it alone without another system. I think a man can only take so much Wii Bowling before he kills and eats his next door neighbors brains.
I never really got on the Goldeneye bandwagon, so I never liked getting slaughtered when it came out. Fortunately, I hopped right on Perfect Dark and was able to hold my own. It had so many nice tweaks. It was the first console FPS that I remembered where you could add bots. So you finally got the feel for PC gaming. Also, the FarSight and Slayer were pretty much hilarity, even though some people found them cheap. N-bombs were kind of fun/new too. The only thing that was a pain was when you put Reapers in the game and a bunch of people starting using them...it'd slow to a total crawl.
The main problem I find in that games multiplayer was if you get punched to death, you spawn but are still dizzy. Like wtf.A friend and I beat every level of that game on co-op on the hardest difficulty. It took us like 4 years. He beat the single player on the hardest difficulties in the first few months he had it, but Co-op is insanely difficult. It lagged so bad and there are some levels that could just drive you up a wall.
A friend and I beat every level of that game on co-op on the hardest difficulty. It took us like 4 years. He beat the single player on the hardest difficulties in the first few months he had it, but Co-op is insanely difficult. It lagged so bad and there are some levels that could just drive you up a wall.
If I recall correctly, there's a late level on co-op where you have to protect some bots from other really really tough bots in a tunnel level. I don't think I beat that one.
If I recall correctly, there's a late level on co-op where you have to protect some bots from other really really tough bots in a tunnel level. I don't think I beat that one.
Is it the one where you follow the aliens into the ruins and have to kill the kings of the rival aliens? I think thats the last unlockable level.

PD CoOp challenge sewers with rocket launchers protecting a gaggle of civilians is insane difficult. Also thanks for all the info NoBBir, my two friends that I used to play with the most both have 360 and also are pushing for that. You didn't mention Gears of War and GOWII, have you played those, how did you like them?