I appreciate the support, guys. I'll definitely stick around...too many good friendships and intellectual stimulation...and I probably won't "quit". It's kind of a combination of factors that led me to this feeling, really. And, actually, I'm more stoic than depressed about it. I'm doing just fine with cash games, but MTTs are eating my soul. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a "goal" in cash games when you're not depending on the money. My last big MTT outright "win" was in January...and I feel like I'm better than that...but the results speak, I think.That said, I did just remember a long-term goal for myself that may keep me interested in the game. I've wanted to get back to being lifetime winner at 5/10 NL...and the way I've been playing lately there, I think that's well within reach.
Here's a goal:Learn how to beat live poker!
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hows it going? whats everybody doing for Thanksgiving?
besides waiting on a response from you? :PI'm getting sick so I imagine that I won't be feeling up to going to Thanksgiving dinner @ a friend of Sarah's...not that I mind not having to go though. We'll see how I do tomorrow but I'm pretty much planning on being "too sick" to attend lolwhat about you mandingo?
God. I need to sell my car so I have money for Holiday Poker.
Opening bid: $124.86I don't care what kind of car it is, I'll give you that amount to say that I bought a car off of a guy so that he could use the money to play poker.
lmao
Opening bid: $124.86I don't care what kind of car it is, I'll give you that amount to say that I bought a car off of a guy so that he could use the money to play poker.
you might be a redneck degenerate if...
I don't get it. Is it a bad idea to have to walk 12 miles to college everyday during the winter, but at the same time having money to play cards?I think that's a fairly obvious rhetorical question.

High Stakes Poker has and is rapidly degenerating into insurance deals and Gold/Farha talking for an hour while showing 7 hands. I think we can attribute this to one thing: Phil Hellmuth. Die.

I don't get it. Is it a bad idea to have to walk 12 miles to college everyday during the winter, but at the same time having money to play cards?I think that's a fairly obvious rhetorical question.
Anyone who has time to sell their car has time to cash in a freeroll, nough said
High Stakes Poker has and is rapidly degenerating into insurance deals and Gold/Farha talking for an hour while showing 7 hands. I think we can attribute this to one thing: Phil Hellmuth. Die.
I haven't watched the entire thing yet, just the Gold/Farha hand and last weeks episode. I think we can contribute it a bunch of guys playing outside of their bankroll. Running it 3 times? lolThe Gold/Farha hand took a ridiculously long time, I think Doyle was ready to shoot both of them.
$150. This is too good. Although I'll bet that I could walk into the local cardroom and buy a car for $100 any Friday night.
$150. This is too good. Although I'll bet that I could walk into the local cardroom and buy a car for $100 any Friday night.
What kind of hick town do you live in? :club:
Ummm dude it is Iowa? Aren't they all hick towns.
This I knew. I just wanted to hear his defense for how his town is the only one there that ISN'T a hick town.
Alright then I am going to minraise to $300.04
I fold.I hope you just outbid me for a Yugo.
This I knew. I just wanted to hear his defense for how his town is the only one there that ISN'T a hick town.I fold.I hope you just outbid me for a Yugo.
You guy are going to get me banned for attempting to sell my automobile on FCP forums. "I'm sorry sir, your IP has been banned. This is not Autotrader.com, kindly **** off."Seriously though, unfortunately, it's a shitty rusty 96' Grand Am.Funny though that some idiot offered me $900 for it though. Weeeeee for $400 more than the Blue Book Value.

PokerStars Game #13378603333: Tournament #67868843, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2007/11/21 - 13:11:11 (ET)Table '67868843 13' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: Acid_Knight (1265 in chips) Seat 2: Hapkido1 (1740 in chips) Seat 3: jailbreak74 (975 in chips) Seat 4: Doctor Snake (2260 in chips) Seat 5: luisfran (2090 in chips) Seat 6: Keetam (980 in chips) Seat 7: NeverRaises (1210 in chips) Seat 8: stpauli20 (2080 in chips) Seat 9: mazdamom (900 in chips) Doctor Snake: posts small blind 15luisfran: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Acid_Knight [Ac As]Keetam: folds NeverRaises: calls 30stpauli20: raises 120 to 150mazdamom: folds Acid_Knight: raises 270 to 420Hapkido1: folds jailbreak74: folds Doctor Snake: folds luisfran: folds NeverRaises: raises 790 to 1210 and is all-instpauli20: raises 870 to 2080 and is all-inAcid_Knight: calls 845 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [3s 7s Qd]*** TURN *** [3s 7s Qd] [Ah]*** RIVER *** [3s 7s Qd Ah] [5c]*** SHOW DOWN ***stpauli20: shows [Kc Ks] (a pair of Kings)Acid_Knight: shows [Ac As] (three of a kind, Aces)Acid_Knight collected 110 from side potNeverRaises: shows [Qc Qs] (three of a kind, Queens)Acid_Knight collected 3675 from main pot

PokerStars Game *** SHOW DOWN ***stpauli20: shows [Kc Ks] (a pair of Kings)Acid_Knight: shows [Ac As] (three of a kind, Aces)Acid_Knight collected 110 from side potNeverRaises: shows [Qc Qs] (three of a kind, Queens)Acid_Knight collected 3675 from main pot
what a donkey.... who pushes with AA preflop? Lucky you sucked out on the turn.
what a donkey.... who pushes with AA preflop? Lucky you sucked out on the turn.
I would never push with it preflop thank you very much, I called all in. MUCH better!