wow was out of town and missed the drama llamaanyways zach you should without a shadow of a doubt relinquish your duties as a moderator to the strategy forums. closing threads because you don't agree with someone is pretty much the polar opposite of what a forum is about. i cannot even put into words the way you and others come off in that thread. well i guess the only word that comes to mind is "punk". it's as if AK lays RT out, literally unconscious and you decide to kick him in the ribs a few times. then on top of it all you close the thread and his subsequent rebut. honestly it's pathetic. how men in their mid to late 20s possibly early 30s can act like that is beyond me. it's the ultimate example of how people act with the cliquey gang mentality. jesus we have had hundreds of discussions/arguments on here. since my membership to 4BB was declined i would obv assume that the thread was linked over there. it's so depressing to me that it takes RT acting like RT to get some of those guys to post here. you don't post here (obv minus hockey forum) so you add nothing to any of the strategy forums. there was a thread that called you a mfing something and you didn't even see it for weeks. spam sits here for days. your closing of those threads is brash, unwarranted, and against everything that speaking freely is. so do this site a favor and resign your moderator position.and yes this hurts to write to someone i fully endorsed as moderator, have talked extensive pens talk with in the pens thread, and someone with mario and jagrs numbers in their name.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow was out of town and missed the drama llamaanyways zach you should without a shadow of a doubt relinquish your duties as a moderator to the strategy forums. closing threads because you don't agree with someone is pretty much the polar opposite of what a forum is about. i cannot even put into words the way you and others come off in that thread. well i guess the only word that comes to mind is "punk". it's as if AK lays RT out, literally unconscious and you decide to kick him in the ribs a few times. then on top of it all you close the thread and his subsequent rebut. honestly it's pathetic. how men in their mid to late 20s possibly early 30s can act like that is beyond me. it's the ultimate example of how people act with the cliquey gang mentality. jesus we have had hundreds of discussions/arguments on here. since my membership to 4BB was declined i would obv assume that the thread was linked over there. it's so depressing to me that it takes RT acting like RT to get some of those guys to post here. you don't post here (obv minus hockey forum) so you add nothing to any of the strategy forums. there was a thread that called you a mfing something and you didn't even see it for weeks. spam sits here for days. your closing of those threads is brash, unwarranted, and against everything that speaking freely is. so do this site a favor and resign your moderator position.and yes this hurts to write to someone i fully endorsed as moderator, have talked extensive pens talk with in the pens thread, and someone with mario and jagrs numbers in their name.
You do realize that everyone was just trying to discuss the proper strategy in the hand and RT kept trying to make it personal, right? They just decided to oblige him.As for the closing of the threads, the discussion had run its course in one and was starting to degrade away from strategy. The other thread was not a NLHE strat thread at all. I cannot speak to the problem of other threads remaining open which needed to be closed, but these two threads were certainly ready to be locked.After all, this forum is supposed to be about strat discussions and not drama llamas.
You do realize that everyone was just trying to discuss the proper strategy in the hand and RT kept trying to make it personal, right? They just decided to oblige him.As for the closing of the threads, the discussion had run its course in one and was starting to degrade away from strategy. The other thread was not a NLHE strat thread at all. I cannot speak to the problem of other threads remaining open which needed to be closed, but these two threads were certainly ready to be locked.After all, this forum is supposed to be about strat discussions and not drama llamas.
no thats what RT does. we all know that. he will tell you the world is flat and defend it with odd reasons why it is. the forum has been fine, RT did this like 5 other times since his triumphant return and none of them turned into that.furthermore i was told that both of those threads were instalocked after AK posted his final post in both threads. this is clear abuse of power.yawn
no thats what RT does. we all know that. he will tell you the world is flat and defend it with odd reasons why it is.
Oh, I see. I had never noticed that before reading the two threads in question. In those threads, it struck me that RT was being stubbornly aggressive and even started making personal attacks when confronted with logical arguments as to why the check-raise was not optimal. I did not realize that was the norm.As for the locking of the threads, I certainly don't know exactly when either lock happened, so perhaps AK was able to arrange to get the last word in. That being said, it was clear to me that both threads were already about drama and not discussing any real strategy anymore, so you have to admit that the lock was inevitable.I tend to expect the drama to appear in GenPo/OT and that the strat forums will for the most part stay on topic.

I think the locks were warranted. If you wanna shoot the shit come in here and post. If you want to be trolling, then you should get threads locked and possible bans. RT just being RT isn't really an excuse. I mean maybe Zach shouldn't be a mod because he doesn't post here anymore, that seems fine, not because he closed those threads.

OK, so I'm very new to cash games. I am playing the $.01/$.02 FR NL games on UB since I had some free money waiting on me there. With the help of a friend who sent me $40 plus the $10 UB gave me I thought I would give the cash games a try. I am also on the trial version of Holdem Manager and I was wondering if it would be worth having since I'm play at most 4 tables at a time but usually 2 is my norm. I like having the hud/graphs but really was wondering if instead of forking out the money for Holdem Manager if I should just deposit that money and pad my roll some more?

If you don't have a full tilt account you can get it for free through cardrunners.com. Think there's a link there or something. Get Rakeback/HEM for free as long as you play X amount on Full Tilt. You might have a tough time playing the amount they want at 1c-2c though. If you wanna play seriously you need HEM. If you wanna play seriously you need to have a roll bigger than 1c-2c. So you need both imo. If you had $200 I'd put $150 in my roll and $50 into hem and play 5c-10c on AP. MAke sure you get rakeback, it'll pile up money for you.

The thread was locked because the discussion was over. Everyone made their point, and everything else was just circular discussion that got us nowhere. There's no merit in letting it continue to get personal.Royal's off-topic thread was locked because this is a strategy forum, and not his personal blog.

The thread was locked because the discussion was over. Everyone made their point, and everything else was just circular discussion that got us nowhere. There's no merit in letting it continue to get personal.Royal's off-topic thread was locked because this is a strategy forum, and not his personal blog.
nice of you to let AK get the last word in and instalock. i'm sorry you all got leveled. and now it's my turn to make my point and i will stand by it.
nice of you to let AK get the last word in and instalock. i'm sorry you all got leveled. and now it's my turn to make my point and i will stand by it.
No one got leveled. As someone pointed out, for it to be a level, he would've had to post his horrible advice and hoped that a bunch of people that hadn't posted in this forum in a long time happened across the thread, saw it and debated it so he could continue his ruse.
No one got leveled. As someone pointed out, for it to be a level, he would've had to post his horrible advice and hoped that a bunch of people that hadn't posted in this forum in a long time happened across the thread, saw it and debated it so he could continue his ruse.
Stop being bitter, he obviously knew that was going to happen with his great reading skills. You could learn a lot from RT

I thought it was locked bc RT was making the forum dumber.and LOL at having such a big ego taht one of the only times in your life that you have to admit you are wrong, you try to over it up as a levelWinning at poker is critical in being objective which RT clearly isnt

loool he always gives horrible advice, realizes he is wrong, sometimes fights it, sometimes admits ittrust me i'm not a huge RT fan but i can guarantee from around page 4 he was levelingjesus christ a chip reese quote
no but of course hurting egos isps to whom linked this i ty
I think that once the discussion in a strategy thread derails as much as it did in that one, it should be locked to keep from degrading into something that has no substance. There's great discussion in that thread, whether there was a level or not, but, imo, it ran it's course.My ego has nothing to do with it. If you knew me, and how I approached poker, you would know that the last thing I ever think of is my own ego.Maybe I should have waited for Royal to respond to Matt before locking it, maybe not. Everyone seemingly got about 10 different "last words" in, so if I was going to lock it, it had to happen somewhere. Royal got his response in with the thread he made afterwards.I have no issues with anyone calling me out on a decision, and I don't have a problem explaining my views. And I don't mind differing opinions on how I decide to moderate, even after I've explained my side.
I think that once the discussion in a strategy thread derails as much as it did in that one, it should be locked to keep from degrading into something that has no substance. There's great discussion in that thread, whether there was a level or not, but, imo, it ran it's course.My ego has nothing to do with it. If you knew me, and how I approached poker, you would know that the last thing I ever think of is my own ego.Maybe I should have waited for Royal to respond to Matt before locking it, maybe not. Everyone seemingly got about 10 different "last words" in, so if I was going to lock it, it had to happen somewhere. Royal got his response in with the thread he made afterwards. I have no issues with anyone calling me out on a decision, and I don't have a problem explaining my views. And I don't mind differing opinions on how I decide to moderate, even after I've explained my side.
ok so the point i'm trying to make is you helped derail it. you aided in throwing gasoline on the fire. hardly conduct of a moderator. and i wasnt talking about your ego, sighhhhhhhhhh sometimes it's so hard get your point across with only words. i probably need pictures or something.i don't hold grudges and i hope you don't either.

No, grudges are dumb. I don't think I did anything to derail it, I had my theories posted, and backed up my posts with explanations and math, IIRC. I didn't make any personal attacks or anything like that. I wasn't the one who told me I sucked at NL, I didn't even respond to that with anything more than "I've been playing NL exclusively for the last 16 months" or whatever I said.I posted my advice, if people didn't find it helpful, well, I can just continue to not post advice. I actually thought the discussion was intriguing in that threat at first, so I thought I'd give my 2 cents, I didn't do it to cause a riot of any sorts.

was definitely intriguing. pretty sure it spawned another thread. i had the calculator out early on i'm not gonna lie.i would be talking about late in the thread. ur advice was solid definitely. on page nine i even posted "zach's been gone so long he learned how to play NL" i just knew better than to waste internet space and my time with something that i felt was either a breakdown of monumental proportions or a level. and definitely not let the dogs out on him.

I'm posting this quietly so people from other forums can't hear it.It seems like I'm making a really obvious point that everyone agrees with in principle, except they don't really. Am I missing something? Does anybody have a better explanation?