I'm really struggling trying to put CO on a range here. Would he really do this with KJ/AJ? 88 is almost the only hand that makes sense for his line, unless he's turning 99/TT/QQ into a bluff.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think CO is ever bluffing FWIW. SB and BB both called pf and this flop nails our PF calling range, so it's not like CO is gonna go wild with TT/9T imo, he's sitting on a Jx/88/ or he flatted pf with an overpair hoping someone would squeeze and now he's kind of lost and trying to "see where he's at"/over rep his range and prob get to showdown because he has position.

FWIW I wasn't really posting it as a strat hand, it's just such a LOL situation that I was like wtf this is gay I have no clue how to play this hand. So don't expect me to clarify your thought processes or anything cuz I was just randomly pushing buttons.

FWIW I wasn't really posting it as a strat hand, it's just such a LOL situation that I was like wtf this is gay I have no clue how to play this hand. So don't expect me to clarify your thought processes or anything cuz I was just randomly pushing buttons.
K
I don't think CO is ever bluffing FWIW. SB and BB both called pf and this flop nails our PF calling range, so it's not like CO is gonna go wild with TT/9T imo, he's sitting on a Jx/88/ or he flatted pf with an overpair hoping someone would squeeze and now he's kind of lost and trying to "see where he's at"/over rep his range and prob get to showdown because he has position.
I put C/O on J,10s J,9s more often then J,k or A,J. I agree 88 is in his range , but with two players left to act behind, i think its silly for him to raise with 8,8I think I re-pop and expect to get in vs J,10 TBH..(however the argument can be made that our 3bet scares out J,10 or J,9 but i highly doubt it.. people have trouble folding trips. even regs at 2/4nl online.) I think this is a tuff spot, but i'm thinking if i'm him, i'm playing my boats slow, and fast playing trips.this includes a J,10 and J,9 holding. and I'll play J,9 to a raise from LP often.
I put C/O on J,10s J,9s more often then J,k or A,J. I agree 88 is in his range , but with two players left to act behind, i think its silly for him to raise with 8,8I think I re-pop and expect to get in vs J,10 TBH..(however the argument can be made that our 3bet scares out J,10 or J,9 but i highly doubt it.. people have trouble folding trips. even regs at 2/4nl online.) I think this is a tuff spot, but i'm thinking if i'm him, i'm playing my boats slow, and fast playing trips.this includes a J,10 and J,9 holding. and I'll play J,9 to a raise from LP often.
I think 88 should be pretty much the only hand villain raises on this flop, hoping that someone else has a J and will get stacks in. Lower Jx PERHAPS should raise too, but I hardly ever see it. KJ and AJ should not be raising this flop, why let the overpairs slow down? Plus villains still to act is an even better reason to slowplay flopped trips here. HU as CO, I of course raise any Jx.I don't think I could fold this, tbh. Maybe it's a leak, but I'm showing this down.
I think 88 should be pretty much the only hand villain raises on this flop, hoping that someone else has a J and will get stacks in. Lower Jx PERHAPS should raise too, but I hardly ever see it. KJ and AJ should not be raising this flop, why let the overpairs slow down? Plus villains still to act is an even better reason to slowplay flopped trips here. HU as CO, I of course raise any Jx.I don't think I could fold this, tbh. Maybe it's a leak, but I'm showing this down.
raising here is a very strong line. two people left to act behind. raising here is saying i have at least a J. so unless this is some reverse pshyc shit...which i doubt, i see 8,8 flatting the bet the majority of the time. 8,8 has no reason to raise and push the other two players out of the hand.

I was joking I shoved. He had AJ, I smashed a Q in his stupid face on the turn though. I think folding is probably right but, it's close. It's just a really terrible spot, calling and then folding turn might be better but that play is so disgusting.

I was joking I shoved. He had AJ, I smashed a Q in his stupid face on the turn though. I think folding is probably right but, it's close. It's just a really terrible spot, calling and then folding turn might be better but that play is so disgusting.
If we're going to play a hand like QJ INTO a raise, I think we have to put our chips in if we flop trips unless we're super deep.
lol, is this true? I think its very close between fold, or ship. I really think i see J,10s or J,9s doing the same thing as AJ here.. which is why it could be any of these holdings. (unless you tell me that 2/4regs dont play J,9 in position to a raise..)
If we're going to play a hand like QJ INTO a raise, I think we have to put our chips in if we flop trips unless we're super deep.
I hate these responses.. this is the easiest way to lose your stack. You should never play a street based solely on a previous decision. You can factor it in, but never make it your reason.

Yeah I shoved, he timed down for a decent bit before hitting call with AJ which was kinda slow rolly imo. Like I mean I overrepped my hand but he has the 2nd nuts and he's never folding. So I binked the Q and he bitched bout how bad I am. I had the back door straight draw and flush draw I can't fold! That was my rational when I wasl ike man this is AJ or 88 a lot, well I got some back door draws against AJ and I dunno what to do...shovel shovel.I think folding is probably right, but I really don't know. I think most regs call with J9 esp suited in position, but I dunno if they raise here multiway with JT/J9 because the flop hits SB and BB calling range, they prob usually call to try and sucker one of us in for a street or two.

Yeah I shoved, he timed down for a decent bit before hitting call with AJ which was kinda slow rolly imo. Like I mean I overrepped my hand but he has the 2nd nuts and he's never folding. So I binked the Q and he bitched bout how bad I am. I had the back door straight draw and flush draw I can't fold! That was my rational when I wasl ike man this is AJ or 88 a lot, well I got some back door draws against AJ and I dunno what to do...shovel shovel.I think folding is probably right, but I really don't know. I think most regs call with J9 esp suited in position, but I dunno if they raise here multiway with JT/J9 because the flop hits SB and BB calling range, they prob usually call to try and sucker one of us in for a street or two.
The bold is the one problem i have with the shovel.. Like you said, It totally overreps your hand.. so when we get called. its by hands that beat us.I cant remember what i said on the other page, but if it was shovel, i'd have to reconsider. I think I flat. I'm not good enough to fold

I don't see what flatting does. It was the first thing I eliminated. If I flat I have a J or better everytime. I'm out of position and he has control...he's never going to lose more money when he's behind and I'm never folding so he gets to play perfect. I guess if I flat and choose to fold if he bets again, it's fine, but I just can't do that because I suck. I think every great once in awhile he calls with like JT or J9 played horribly, but I don't really know (if I shove flop). I might get KJ to fold to my shove? I really don't know. It's just a wtf spot that sucks, which is why I think folding with almost no money invested in this spot deep against winning regs is probably right.

Royal I must again disagree that 88 wouldn't raise that flop. It's the perfect flop to play fast on... odds are good that one of the two opponents has a J and the 88 will stack him. It makes less sense to do this with Jx because then there are fewer combos left that could have connected with the board strongly enough to continue.

Royal I must again disagree that 88 wouldn't raise that flop. It's the perfect flop to play fast on... odds are good that one of the two opponents has a J and the 88 will stack him. It makes less sense to do this with Jx because then there are fewer combos left that could have connected with the board strongly enough to continue.
I wont say i disagree with you, because flopping a boat here multiway can be played anyway you like, but for me...hands like 88 have nothing to fear but a huge cooler. with 4 players involved on the flop i'd give some rope to whoever wants to take it. I dont like the idea of hoping someone has a J.I'd rather let someone catch a straight, get priced in with an oesd, or turn a possible fd. anything really. If someone does have a J, we're going to be getting their stack anyways, whether it be just a flat followed by a turn shove, or whatever. In this hand, Tskillz is debating folding. And he actually strongly thinks folding is the best play. If we are villain with 8,8 and we raised this flop and fold out weak J's, we're morons.if we flat the bet on the flop wit 2 players left to act...2 players who have already checked. (one of which is Tskillz, we could face a big c/r somewhere from anyone with a J.) If one of te 2 remaining players does raise, then the initial bettor is left to act, he could re-pop, flat, whatever the case may be. lots of money is goin into this pot anyways.The problem with raising so quickly is you're showing more strength than you need too, and guys like Tskillz strongly consider folding weak J's
The problem with raising so quickly is you're showing more strength than you need too, and guys like Tskillz strongly consider folding weak J's
Tskillz is certainly not the average villain though
Not like I played it right or anything.
The point i'm making is to Swolys is that any player willing to invest with J,x to 2bets on the flop will get it in on the turn just as quickly. downside to raising the flop with a made hand like 8's full is that a good player with a weak J, or anyone on any sort of draws is not going to stick around.
downside to raising the flop with a made hand like 8's full is that a good player with a weak J, or anyone on any sort of draws is not going to stick around.
nice needle