I wouldn't play 9, I mean you can just mix them in for a little bit and not transition all at once. I generally don't play that many tables for focus reasons and things, but I think you won't find much of a difference in skill level.And god dammit I got RT undercutting me!

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't do more than 4, and Tim probably wouldn't do more than 2 ;)I think 20BI is enough to move up with at 10/25/50 nl, and after that I think it starts to become more important to be able to have a large enough roll to mentally handle swings, so being on the safe side of BR management is definitely the way to go :club:

ya i guess the reason i wait is because i have 9 buyins on tables at once.. that would be almost half my roll if i was going by the 20 BI rule.. lol at me not getting off 2nl until i had $300.. and 5nl until i had $500. :club:

I wouldn't do more than 4, and Tim probably wouldn't do more than 2 ;)I think 20BI is enough to move up with at 10/25/50 nl, and after that I think it starts to become more important to be able to have a large enough roll to mentally handle swings, so being on the safe side of BR management is definitely the way to go :club:
the 20bi rule is plenty. infact, i'd recommend taking shots even before reaching the 20bi.

so i tried out 25NL last night and had a good hour of it. won a BI.. shoulda won 3 buyins but lost a rediculously retarded 200BB pot..dont feel like finding the HH in my huge log but it went basically like this.hero-UTG $25Villain-BB $30 ishHero has Kd, Khhero raises to .75, BB 3 bets to 2.00, hero 4 bets to 6.50, BB calls.flop 7d, 5d, 2dBB donk bets $3 and hero raises to $18.50 all in.BB snap calls with Ac Kc.. didnt even have a ******** diamond and turns the A of spades.. fml that i dont even hit my redraw.

so i tried out 25NL last night and had a good hour of it. won a BI.. shoulda won 3 buyins but lost a rediculously retarded 200BB pot..dont feel like finding the HH in my huge log but it went basically like this.hero-UTG $25Villain-BB $30 ishHero has Kd, Khhero raises to .75, BB 3 bets to 2.00, hero 4 bets to 6.50, BB calls.flop 7d, 5d, 2dBB donk bets $3 and hero raises to $18.50 all in.BB snap calls with Ac Kc.. didnt even have a ******** diamond and turns the A of spades.. fml that i dont even hit my redraw.
WOAH!! sound the alarms!!ZOMG!!1!!1!! a 25NL player who flats pf with AKs. ONOEZ!!!11! dont tell babylondonks or trystero LOLp.s. roberts.. this is not making fun of you. Just an ongoing debate from a previous thread
WOAH!! sound the alarms!!ZOMG!!1!!1!! a 25NL player who flats pf with AKs. ONOEZ!!!11! dont tell babylondonks or trystero LOLp.s. roberts.. this is not making fun of you. Just an ongoing debate from a previous thread
i have been reading the debate.. if i was villain i woulda 5 bet shoved..lmao. but seriously wtf is up with his snap call on that flop. and then the donkaments of a 2 outer.
i have been reading the debate.. if i was villain i woulda 5 bet shoved..lmao. but seriously wtf is up with his snap call on that flop. and then the donkaments of a 2 outer.
Yea. it makes zero sense for him to flat then call your shove.but going back to your "i woulda shoved"I'm just going on assumptions here, but i think you played fairly TAG last night.I wasnt even at the table but already i'm making a judgment on your game style that you seemed to play fairly passive at first, got a bit comfortable, but didnt do anything out of the ordinary.Nothing to make me thinkk you would 4bet light. so i think its safe to say your range here is limited to only QQ-AA (yes im taking JJ out) and AKs.if this is correct, can you still shove pf with AK knowing what you know?
Yea. it makes zero sense for him to flat then call your shove.but going back to your "i woulda shoved"I'm just going on assumptions here, but i think you played fairly TAG last night.I wasnt even at the table but already i'm making a judgment on your game style that you seemed to play fairly passive at first, got a bit comfortable, but didnt do anything out of the ordinary.Nothing to make me thinkk you would 4bet light. so i think its safe to say your range here is limited to only QQ-AA (yes im taking JJ out) and AKs.if this is correct, can you still shove pf with AK knowing what you know?
you got most of that correct.. i just dont play AKs passively.i tend to play TAG most of the time.. i do loosen up occasionally..i try to limit anything out the ordinary for the most part.. maybe one or two plays a night... ha i dont think i have yet to 4 bet light.. it doesnt seem profitable at the stakes i have been playing so far, but i believe that at 25NL and above it would help to learn to 3 and 4 bet lighter than i have been.but goin back to ur first statement, yes i did play tighter than normal at first to get a feel for things and then i proceeded from there and won lots of nonshowdown pots.i think the best hand i played last night as far as thinking and assigning villain a range was this one.Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 376889The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $5.00UTG: $6.60MP: $20.45Hero (CO): $25.35BTN: $3.95SB: $5.00Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 6 :5c 6 :D1 fold, MP raises to $1, Hero calls $1, 3 foldsFlop: ($2.35) 9 :D 2 :3h 5 :qh(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50Turn: ($5.35) 9 :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50River: ($12.35) 3 :club:(2 players)MP checks, Hero checksFinal Pot: $12.35MP shows K :ts A :4h (a pair of Nines)Hero shows 6 :jh 6 :D (two pair, Nines and Sixes)Hero wins $11.75(Rake: $0.60)well looking at it now, i may not have charged enough if he had a flush draw.. but i thought that if he did have that he would c-bet the flop.. i prolly took 10-15 seconds after each street to try and figure out what was goin on here. As for the river i didnt figure he would call with worse than i was holding and thought i had good showdown value.
well looking at it now, i may not have charged enough if he had a flush draw. but i thought that if he did have that he would c-bet the flop.. i prolly took 10-15 seconds after each street to try and figure out what was goin on here. As for the river i didnt figure he would call with worse than i was holding and thought i had good showdown value.
WP, imo.Bolded is good thought process, too! NH
well you know the shine of your relationship has worn off when your gf's drunk and you just wish she'd lock herself in the bathroom
LOLLLLLLL. If a girl annoys me when she's drunk she can't be gf material. I have to find her at least tolerable when drunk.
feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $1/$2 - 6 playersBB: $503.55 (Hero)UTG: $41.35 UTG+1: $403.00 CO: $473.40 Button: $413.70 SB: $835.95 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with :5c:qh (6 players)4 folds, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, SB calls $12Flop: ($36.00) :4h:D:ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $19, SB calls $19Turn: ($74.00) :club: (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $38, SB calls $38River: ($150.00) :D (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $101, SB raises to $206, Hero raises to $428.55, and is all in, SB calls $222.55Hero showed :3h:jh, and won ($1,004.10) with a full house, Aces full of TwosSB mucked :D :khHero won $1,004.10(Rake: $3)binkkkkkkkkk
We can't always expect thoughtful play from the villain. This is, after all, how we make $.
feral_cow_icon.gifMilked from the teat of a feral cowFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $1/$2 - 6 playersBB: $503.55 (Hero)UTG: $41.35 UTG+1: $403.00 CO: $473.40 Button: $413.70 SB: $835.95 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with :5c:qh (6 players)4 folds, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, SB calls $12Flop: ($36.00) :4h:D:ts (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $19, SB calls $19Turn: ($74.00) :club: (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $38, SB calls $38River: ($150.00) :D (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $101, SB raises to $206, Hero raises to $428.55, and is all in, SB calls $222.55Hero showed :3h:jh, and won ($1,004.10) with a full house, Aces full of TwosSB mucked :D :khHero won $1,004.10(Rake: $3)binkkkkkkkkk
lets analyze this hand more. I like it.now lets say you are SB - you raise pf with AK. BB re-pops. you 4 bet.. (or do u like the flat from villain?)also lets say you're hero again.. you re-pop villain 4bets.. do you flat , 5-bet or fold?lets now go back to you as villain... You 4bet pf with AK. and BB flats. flop comesare we leading and calling a raise. leading and 3betting if raised. are we c/r'ing.. or like this. are we c/c?i knoow its a lot, but would like to hear from all of you

I really like the way he played it until the river. 250bb deep it's not the best spot for him to 4bet because if I 5bet I have him dominated and even if I flat it's hard for him to continue on a ton of flops. The deeper the effective stacks, the more important position is. So by flatting there we has the ability to keep in worse aces and kings and hopefully check/call his way to beating those hands on Axx flops and Kxx flops. In this spot if villain 4bet me I'd be folding A2, and probably most of my range due to how shallow stacks become. I also only had about 50 hands on villain at the time. There are some villains I have particular reads on where I could 5bet shove and expect a ton of folds, or flat and be able to take the pot away on a very regular basis.If we were SB and 4bet, I'm bad in these spots and I assume Tim is really good at them, but I think cbetting the flop is fine and then perhaps going into c/c mode after that, maybe trying to get value from the river out of the Ax type hands if they decide to check turn. I'm not sure how much of a profit we show by bet/bet/betting every street if we're called down.