I actually recommended that Temp apply to 4BB a month or two ago. I still think he'd be fine for the forum based on his stuff here. I was somewhat annoyed that his application was denied. I didn't really get all of the details, but I got the impression that he'd had some confrontations in General or something a while back.But yeah, man...sorry it wasn't accepted. I think you're cool.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually recommended that Temp apply to 4BB a month or two ago. I still think he'd be fine for the forum based on his stuff here. I was somewhat annoyed that his application was denied. I didn't really get all of the details, but I got the impression that he'd had some confrontations in General or something a while back.But yeah, man...sorry it wasn't accepted. I think you're cool.
2nd I have benefitted from his strat posts and when he plays live he has a full stack!Re-apply?
2nd I have benefitted from his strat posts and when he plays live he has a full stack!Re-apply?
No thanks. And I'm so playing with full stacks now! Like I said I'm not tripping about it.Also, take shots and run good imo:100NLfirstshot.jpg

forgot to copy to convert this hand before i closed the table, but was thinking bout my session and remembered this BEAUTY.Multi-limped pot and hero was BB with A 3 spades. 5NL btw. villain was UTG, and 3 other limpers. villains stack was roughly $5 and hero coveredPot( 0.25) flop Qs 5h 2s2 checks, villain bets 0.25, 3 folds, Hero callsPot( 0.75) Qs 5h 2s 9sHero check, Villain bets $1, hero callsPot( 2.75) Qs 5h 2s 9s 10dHero bets $2, Villain raises All-in to $3.75... double fist pump snap callThe beauty part of this hand is after it was over... seemed like a standard hand to me except maybe Hero raises turn.Villain mucked Kh Kd and says " you f****** donkey u shoulda folded on the flop" "OMG!!!!!! your soooooo lucky, you moron" "I would have folded in a heart beat and not thought twice about it"so i asked him if he actually looked at my hand and woulda folded the nut flush draw and a gut shot, he said in an instant it was obvious he had a monster hand because he limped UTG. Then i asked if he didnt like money and he says "**** you donk!"LOL!!!!

Ew don't tell him to donk bet Simo. Donk betting is about as cool as that bug in your sig :-p. Nice to see you back.I do agree on the checkraise though.
It's not a raised pot so it's technically just a lead, not a donkbet. :club: I think leading this flop is usually the right play in that hand. If it was raise preflop I'd probably prefer a c/r, but it would be close.As a general point I think people don't donkbet enough. I played this hand last night and I really like BB's line. His bet on this flop makes life really tough for most of my range.$1/$2 No Limit Holdem5 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG ($300.55)Hero (CO) ($328.50)BTN ($224.40)SB ($132.60)BB ($309.10)Pre-flop: ($3, 5 players) Hero is CO :ts: :3h: 1 fold, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, BB calls $5Flop: :D: :club:: :D: ($15, 2 players)BB bets $12, Hero calls $12Turn: :5c: ($39, 2 players)BB bets $24, Hero calls $24River: :D: ($87, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checksFinal Pot: $87Hero shows: :4h: :qh: BB shows: :jh: :D: BB wins $84 ( won +$41 ) Hero lost -$43
Isn't this this same guy who was raising the bejesus out of every donkbet regardless of cards?
Usually donkbets fit into one of several categories:1) small donkbet = random weak trash, weak draw or monster. By raising you fold out the trash and get shoved on by the monsters. small donkbet/call is usually a draw or stubborn weak made hand.2) pot donkbet = middle pair/weak top pair, or very strong hand (fairly rare).3) normal sized donkbet = ??? Usually this is the kind of bet you get from a thinking player, and these are the tough ones to deal with.I'll raise a small donkbet from a bad player most of the time. I'll raise a full pot donkbet from a bad player a reasonable % of the time. In both cases I'll usually be willing to fire a lot of barrels.

how much should i be leading out in this spot?around pot? and if he raises me do i get him in with the draw or just call?and im assuming if i go with the c/r line, i call any reraise, correct?

how much should i be leading out in this spot?around pot? and if he raises me do i get him in with the draw or just call?and im assuming if i go with the c/r line, i call any reraise, correct?
Either 20c or pot. Generally the smaller the pot size the bigger your bet should be, so in a limped pot 80-100% pot is usually good.If he raises you it's a perfect spot to 3bet shove. Your equity is very good against his range with 12 flush+straight outs, and potentially 3 more outs with the remaining aces if he has a hand like KQ. You are almost never in bad shape (usually around 50%), but if he has a worse flush draw he could be nearly dead.

I'm so tiltingly inconsistent at PLOI'll say this tho, that it requires you to think way more than in NLHE. I don't think in an entire session that I bet once or twice "automatically." I try to prevent that from happening in NLHE but of course we've been in the same situations so many times that it all becomes internalized. otoh, I always feel so terrible after I play. My game's riddled with so many mistakes that even if I end a night "up" it feels like a loss. and since I'm playing for micro stakes, the money obv means nothing

I'm so tiltingly inconsistent at PLOI'll say this tho, that it requires you to think way more than in NLHE. I don't think in an entire session that I bet once or twice "automatically." I try to prevent that from happening in NLHE but of course we've been in the same situations so many times that it all becomes internalized. otoh, I always feel so terrible after I play. My game's riddled with so many mistakes that even if I end a night "up" it feels like a loss. and since I'm playing for micro stakes, the money obv means nothing
FWIW this is the main reason I'm better at PLO than NLHE.My 'A' game NLHE is better than my 'A' game PLO, but I rarely drift into mindless button pushing with PLO. I don't pay people off in PLO because "I guess he could randomly be bluffing all three streets with complete air even though it makes no sense for him to do that". My 'B' and 'C' PLO games will still beat most games I play. My 'B' NL game might break me even, but my 'C' game will send me hurtling into bustoville at high speed.My C game quite often involves firing a full buyin on the river as a third barrel when I know villain is calling. I c/bet flop and barrel turn, get called twice, and then decide I can just rep the nuts by shoving the river straight into villain's set/flush/straight/etc.
FWIW this is the main reason I'm better at PLO than NLHE.My 'A' game NLHE is better than my 'A' game PLO, but I rarely drift into mindless button pushing with PLO. I don't pay people off in PLO because "I guess he could randomly be bluffing all three streets with complete air even though it makes no sense for him to do that". My 'B' and 'C' PLO games will still beat most games I play. My 'B' NL game might break me even, but my 'C' game will send me hurtling into bustoville at high speed.My C game quite often involves firing a full buyin on the river as a third barrel when I know villain is calling. I c/bet flop and barrel turn, get called twice, and then decide I can just rep the nuts by shoving the river straight into villain's set/flush/straight/etc.
This is my signature move :club:
Multi-limped pot and hero was BB with A 3 spades. 5NL btw. villain was UTG, and 3 other limpers. villains stack was roughly $5 and hero coveredPot( 0.25) flop Qs 5h 2s2 checks, villain bets 0.25, 3 folds, Hero callsPot( 0.75) Qs 5h 2s 9sHero check, Villain bets $1, hero callsPot( 2.75) Qs 5h 2s 9s 10dHero bets $2, Villain raises All-in to $3.75... double fist pump snap call
As Simo said, lead the flop. Granted, I'm a huge proponent of leading from the blinds with a wide variety of hands in limped pots. I'd usually bet .15-.20 here. When you c/c the flop, just go ahead and c/r the turn. Barring that, shove the river.As for donkbetting, I think I've been one of the biggest proponents over the years of "donkbets are weak". I generally raise them a lot if stack sizes are at all reasonable.

i just finished a 2 hour session 9 tabling up 1,140 BBs.. and was wondering. ^(i run good!)i have been crushing 5 NL for 2 months... started bankroll at $100 and after tonight i am at $350.. i have played a little over 6000 hands. so few because i only play 2 to 3 times a week for roughly an hour or 2 a day.just recently went from 4 tabling to 9 tabling so my hands played have went up dramatically recently.when should i jump up to 10NL and play or should i slowly take shots there and still play some 5NL.Also ty to everyone who posted advice because i feel my game has gotten alot better than when i first started playing cash tables.

You can def move up and give 10nl a shot with that roll. I'd suggest not playing 9 tables until you feel comfortable with your move though
so probably back down to 4 tables like i started 5NL with?
Usually donkbets fit into one of several categories:1) small donkbet = random weak trash, weak draw or monster. By raising you fold out the trash and get shoved on by the monsters. small donkbet/call is usually a draw or stubborn weak made hand.2) pot donkbet = middle pair/weak top pair, or very strong hand (fairly rare).3) normal sized donkbet = ??? Usually this is the kind of bet you get from a thinking player, and these are the tough ones to deal with.I'll raise a small donkbet from a bad player most of the time. I'll raise a full pot donkbet from a bad player a reasonable % of the time. In both cases I'll usually be willing to fire a lot of barrels.
My C game quite often involves firing a full buyin on the river as a third barrel when I know villain is calling. I c/bet flop and barrel turn, get called twice, and then decide I can just rep the nuts by shoving the river straight into villain's set/flush/straight/etc.
Here's an AWESOME combination of these two posts:$1/$2 No Limit Holdem6 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG ($832.90)Hero (UTG+1) ($422.00)CO ($445.75)BTN ($248.00)SB ($169.06)BB ($348.75)Pre-flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 :3h:ts UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $10, 4 folds, UTG calls $8Flop: :jh:club::D ($29, 2 players)UTG bets $10, Hero raises to $32, UTG calls $22Turn: :5c ($93, 2 players)UTG bets $36, Hero raises to $105, UTG calls $69River: :D ($303, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $274.50, UTG calls $274.50Final Pot: $852UTG shows: :D :D Hero shows: :qh:4h UTG wins $845.50 ( won +$424 ) Hero lost -$421.50Villain was a massive tard and I isolated him every chance I got. I'll admit T6s is marginal, but preflop and flop are the two streets I can actually come close to justifying. When he bet/called the flop I was putting him on a weak ace or diamonds, and then obv as soon as the diamonds hit I just ignored that part of his range, shut my eyes and threw as many chips at the pot as I coud in the vain hope that he would fold.It is a great illustration of that small donkbet/call line though.
I also like that in PLO I can work to develop a strategy. The player pool, compared to NLHE's, is better IMO. This is not to say that the players are any good, or that they don't make mistakes literally on every street. But the super donks who felt bottom two pair are selected against pretty quickly. Implied odds don't really exist like they do in NLHE. So you have to figure out, how do I get paid off by my nut draws? The first idea is to raise otf, like in NLHE, but even that has limitations because you'll fold out a bunch of weaker draws. So it seems like a good idea to 3-bet far more liberally, especially 200 bbs (yea like in NLHE), because you want your opponents to feel committed or to face bets when the pot is too big to fold. Of course, 3-betting OOP is disastrous, and I hardly ever do it, even w/hands of fairly strong absolute value.I know this is like level 2 type stuff, but it's neat to try and carve out my own approach, and not just read it on random strategy sites or even 2+2.
Here's an AWESOME combination of these two posts:$1/$2 No Limit Holdem6 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG ($832.90)Hero (UTG+1) ($422.00)CO ($445.75)BTN ($248.00)SB ($169.06)BB ($348.75)Pre-flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 :3h:ts UTG calls $2, Hero raises to $10, 4 folds, UTG calls $8Flop: :jh:club::D ($29, 2 players)UTG bets $10, Hero raises to $32, UTG calls $22Turn: :5c ($93, 2 players)UTG bets $36, Hero raises to $105, UTG calls $69River: :D ($303, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $274.50, UTG calls $274.50Final Pot: $852UTG shows: :D :D Hero shows: :qh:4h UTG wins $845.50 ( won +$424 ) Hero lost -$421.50Villain was a massive tard and I isolated him every chance I got. I'll admit T6s is marginal, but preflop and flop are the two streets I can actually come close to justifying. When he bet/called the flop I was putting him on a weak ace or diamonds, and then obv as soon as the diamonds hit I just ignored that part of his range, shut my eyes and threw as many chips at the pot as I coud in the vain hope that he would fold.It is a great illustration of that small donkbet/call line though.
granted, I've never played above 50nl w/any sort of seriousness, but the triple barrel always struck me as -EV given today's calling station climatethat deep t6 is fine IMO in position.