lol, almost a quarter of poker players on PTR believe they're EXPERTS?
You can't play poker without being narcissistic. I bet over 50% of those who said they were experts aren't even winning players, and another 25% of them are winning players who go busto every time because they don't manage their bankroll.Also, in a completely unrelated matter, **** pokerstars and every nit who plays there, and **** AP for making their VIP system worse this month.Furthermore, why did everyone steer me away from FTP saying it was incredibly nitty and I'm finding out it's not.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean if you don't want to cash out money ever, FTP should be fine.
yeah i noticed the whole 3 weeks for a check thing and that bugged me... but in the online poker world almost no matter where you play you're constantly withdrawing / reloading so it doesn't bother me too much since there's always some sort of funding tied up.

Their payment processors stop working, very frequently. Like at least once every 2 months they send you a check that si no good, tell you it's not good too late, and it bounces and you get charged a fee at your bank. They give you the bonus dollars for what bounced, but it's still super frustrating.

lol, almost a quarter of poker players on PTR believe they're EXPERTS?
I mean, people that actually even check PTR regularly are probably decently high on the poker ladder. Say that 20% of people that play online know about it...well, then that's about 5% of the overall online playing population that considers themselves experts...which isn't too crazy.

Anybody know of an application that works kind of like a sports ticker for multitablers?The idea I had was this:The ticker would be a separate window that gave the tabler updates on stats such as your wins/losses on the sessionAlso, it would show the last x amount of showdown pots, how the board ran out, pot size, and the hands of respective opponents.I think having to look in one place instead of constantly jumping tables for info would be helpful

B/F > C/F? Villain is 12/2/1.5 (84 hands) I don't know if a 12/2 would float, but I my image is probably pretty loose. His fold to cbet was 67% (small sample; 2/3):feral_cow:v1.0once a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersUTG: $5.00 UTG+1: $1.64 MP: $6.29 (Hero)HJ: $5.00 CO: $1.05 Button: $4.06 SB: $3.06 BB: $5.00 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with Ks.gifKh.gif (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, HJ calls 0.20, 4 foldsFlop: ($0.47) 3s.gif4s.gif4d.gif (3 players)Hero bets 0.40, HJ calls 0.40Turn: ($1.27) Ad.gif (3 players)Hero??

There are a ton of pocket pairs and draws in his range.. but mostly pocket pairs me thinks. I like turning on c-c mode here and start calling reasonable sized bets. I wouldn't fear the A hitting him as much as killing your action when you bet

B/F > C/F? Villain is 12/2/1.5 (84 hands) I don't know if a 12/2 would float, but I my image is probably pretty loose. His fold to cbet was 67% (small sample; 2/3):feral_cow:v1.0once a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersUTG: $5.00 UTG+1: $1.64 MP: $6.29 (Hero)HJ: $5.00 CO: $1.05 Button: $4.06 SB: $3.06 BB: $5.00 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with Ks.gifKh.gif (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, HJ calls 0.20, 4 foldsFlop: ($0.47) 3s.gif4s.gif4d.gif (3 players)Hero bets 0.40, HJ calls 0.40Turn: ($1.27) Ad.gif (3 players)Hero??
Check/Call, if villian checks I probably lead about 3/4 pot on the river and folding to any action unless we hit another K.

Blah, not sure about this... against this ~50bb stack is there not enough to warrant calling with the non-nut draw?:feral_cow:v1.05Converted by a herd of feral cowsFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersUTG+1 hobbybabone: $4.02 MP Hero: $5.00 MP2 Pafkata: $6.50 HJ Jahtomic: $0.86 CO r6fiend: $1.29 Button mrn0291: $7.20 SB Edwin91ace: $2.26 BB vidvan: $6.53 UTG onihiphop: $6.39 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with Ks.gifQs.gif (9 players)2 folds, Hero raises to $$0.15, 2 folds, r6fiend calls $0.10, mrn0291 folds, Edwin91ace raises to $$0.25, vidvan folds, Hero calls $0.10, r6fiend calls $0.10Flop: ($0.75) 9s.gif3s.gifAh.gif (3 players)Edwin91ace checks, Hero bets $0.50, r6fiend folds, Edwin91ace raises to $$2.01, and is all inShould I not cbet this flop into 2 villains who aren't deep?

You're not c-betting since you were not the PFR. You can go ahead and check here... I'd wait for a turn check around b4 I fired a shell since Edwins min-3 check A high flop line is indicative of AA/KK like 90% of the time.snap call

i hate when u realize after the hand that u could have gotten more out of ur river value bet! so annoying.Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 277089The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $5.27UTG: $10.20Hero (MP): $10.07CO: $7.35BTN: $1.89SB: $10.27Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with 7 :qh 8 :jhUTG raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 4 foldsFlop: ($0.27) 7 :club: 8 :D 5 :ts(2 players)UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, UTG calls $0.35Turn: ($1.17) 8 :4h(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $0.75, UTG calls $0.75River: ($2.67) 9 :D(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $2.25, UTG calls $2.25Final Pot: $7.17UTG shows K :5c Q :3h (flush, King High)Hero shows 7 :D 8 :D (a full house, Eights full of Sevens)Hero wins $6.82(Rake: $0.35)

i hate when u realize after the hand that u could have gotten more out of ur river value bet! so annoying.
I dunno, I think with the 2nd nut-flush on a pair board, you got max value out of him.If he raises on the turn or river, he's only getting called/raised by hands that beat him...[x] max value IMO
I dunno, I think with the 2nd nut-flush on a pair board, you got max value out of him.If he raises on the turn or river, he's only getting called/raised by hands that beat him...[x] max value IMO
ya im not saying like a lot more value, but maybe could have gotten away with pot or $3.
ya im not saying like a lot more value, but maybe could have gotten away with pot or $3.
On the river I usually have 2 different sized bets, close to half the pot, and close to the pot (i never bet exactly but guesstimate. I'll even hit the pot button (or half pot when they exist) and click 1 to 3 times to make it a non-exact amount). Half pot is for when I'm trying to get looked up by a wide range of hands, and close to the pot is trying to get value out of big hands (or a bluff).The only time I deviate from this is in special scenarios when the player isn't all that competant, and a massive overshove will show some extra value (and I usually have the absolute nuts when doing so, I wouldn't have done it in this spot).

Bad Beat spam.:feral_cow:v1.05once a cow has a taste for violence, it reverts. it becomes feral.Cereus No Limit Hold'em $1/$2 - 6 playersButton SEABEESW1: $420.00 SB KRC1955: $450.79 BB Hero: $411.45 UTG RONNING10: $552.50 UTG+1 HUMMUMM: $498.55 CO WHATGREATIS: $435.70 Preflop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 5h.gif9s.gif (6 players)RONNING10 folds, HUMMUMM calls $2, 3 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($5.00) 7h.gif6c.gif8d.gif (2 players)Hero bets $5, HUMMUMM raises to $20, Hero raises to $90, HUMMUMM raises to $275, Hero raises to $409.45, HUMMUMM calls $134.45Turn: ($828.90) Jh.gif (2 players)River: ($828.90) Jd.gif (2 players)HUMMUMM showed 8c.gifJc.gif, Full house, jacks full of eights Hero showed 5h.gif9s.gif, Straight, five to nine HUMMUMM won 820.40(Rake: $3):club:

The only time I deviate from this is in special scenarios when the player isn't all that competant, and a massive overshove will show some extra value (and I usually have the absolute nuts when doing so, I wouldn't have done it in this spot).
Yeah, I've been messing around with the over-bet on the river. I think a set is great time to do it when obv draws missed, or when flush card gave us a boat etc...
Bad Beat spam.:club:
So gross, buddy list for sure. Do you and Ryan play the same tables often, or was that just a "fun" kind of thing?
sick... i have ran kings into aces twice in the last 10 minutes.. thats like a bad beat lol
Sigh, glI just busted a 40bb short stacker twice in 5 minutes with AA>AQ on A high flop and KK>QQ aipf weeeee... still down for the month... 1.5bi, so it'll be okayAnd it literally happened 5 minutes after I was bitching about getting no action with AA/KK... the last 4 times I've had AA in the bb it's been folded around 3 times... I only noticed two of them, and then I was reviewing my HHs...

Ok, so we're in the sb/bbA short-stacker with 24bb opens for 4bb from UTG+1-HJ (doesn't really matter IMO as they are more interested in cards than position in my experience)Folds to us with 99What do we do if he's28/2115/128/8And assume a small sample as ssers don't hang around long (<25 hands)Also, what would you do with AT-AQ/KQss

Ok, so we're in the sb/bbA short-stacker with 24bb opens for 4bb from UTG+1-HJ (doesn't really matter IMO as they are more interested in cards than position in my experience)Folds to us with 99What do we do if he's28/2115/128/8And assume a small sample as ssers don't hang around long (<25 hands)Also, what would you do with AT-AQ/KQss
That's so many different questions. I'd fold AT, AJ, and QKss in most of those situations and shove the rest.
So gross, buddy list for sure. Do you and Ryan play the same tables often, or was that just a "fun" kind of thing?
He was already on the BL that's why I was at the table!!!! He also talked shit and said that's what I get for calling with 59o to his raise. I was the BB. He didn't raise. Then I didn't post the other disgusting hand where he had AA v my QQ all in pf for another $900 pot. We played for like an hour on two tables he won $850 or so from me, then quit and played .25-.50. I want to strangle him.It def wasn't for fun. That's too much money to play for fun or w/e. Ryan plays a lotttttttttt of tables, I'm a game selection nit, but we tell each other when we have good games going. Even if we didn't tell, we'd be sitting with each other a lot just because of how many tables he sits at.