Well I am equally distraught. If I had known HU online was so easy to beat, I could of been doing this for years. So much missed revenue, I have literally been grieving over it. All that time and effort wasted playing SNG's.
I'll C U in a month where you start posting how you hate HU :club:
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

full tilt's so gross. I had some $ left there, like $200, so I went to dick around during this heatwave and lost a few buyins at 10nl trying to catch bluffs from maniacs (backdoored both times, right up the ass). Strike #1. So I said, well, maybe I misplayed the hands, so let me post them here and get some opinions. Can't do that because of the new asinine Flash hand replayer, have to find them manually or use a db program to extract (which I don't have anymore).ftp's cliff notes:riggedcan't even expose the riggedness

Man I wish I won those tourneys and was like 400k richer today than yesterday. Instead I'm like $500 poorer. Had I known that I wouldn't have signed up.
even still, and I know you're a serious cash grinder, but I'm starting to think that the tourney shortcut is the way to go. Must be so nice to score like $20k from a tournament

Just in case you're serious and have never seen this before.Pretty much every name player you know in online MTTs showing up and talking bout being in makeup and being staked.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-c...ow-long-479377/I don't think mtts are the way to go, just for some fun relief. Obv try to win when you play, but playing them solely for income seems insane.

Just in case you're serious and have never seen this before.Pretty much every name player you know in online MTTs showing up and talking bout being in makeup and being staked.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61/mtt-c...ow-long-479377/I don't think mtts are the way to go, just for some fun relief. Obv try to win when you play, but playing them solely for income seems insane.
I only personally know one guy who grinds mtts and mtts only on his own money. He's good, but he is cold, heartless, emotionless, and a poor cash player. The man does very well in the long run, but if he weren't in student status I don't think he'd be doing what he was doing. There are no swings greater than NL MTT tourney swings imo.That being said I consider myself a decent MTT player, but have never played MTTs for anything other than entertainment value. Sure, I've got cashes and wins in my relatively small samples... and probably a 30-40% ROI overall in tourneys... but along with the swings they are EXHAUSTING to play and I'd never consider doing it for a living.Edt: lol he actually posted in that thread... i take back the on his own money thing ************ didn't tell me how he got his roll... but good to know he's no LONGER in makeup
I'll C U in a month where you start posting how you hate HU :club:
Ha. Oh i have had those days. My girlfriend nearly killed me when i threw my laptop across the room over the weekend. Three players 3 outed me, and then hit and ran, all in about 20 minutes.But I play a pretty low variance style. Don't 3 bet a ton, keep pots small until I want them big. I find I have a hard time playing guys who three bet a ton and pot bet a ton, cause I'm trying to play small pots and they are making every hand HUGE. Most of those players are just reckless and by no means winning players, but annoy my low variance style.So far up to 15.81 bb/100 for 50nl over 37K hands.And recently started playing some 100nl where I'm at 20.47 over only 4k hands, but i dont see this as a sustainable rate. (was running like 300$ over ev, but this has evened out to 0$ over.)

The sooner you get like a stable roll, for me it would be like 4k I'd move to $100nl. You could def do it at 2.5k but it's stressful with the swings, especially if this is kind of your primary source of income. But the rake at $50nl is very tough. You have rakeback right? If you don't have rakeback, you should seriously move the roll to AP, RB is just too damn clutch.Speaking of Ft I got my "Skillz" hockey jersey today in the mail. I always wanted one of those, don't care how nerdy it seems.

yea I know MTTs suck. I guess I want to keep playing poker in some capacity but I can't handle the mind-numbing cash grind anymore. I made some extra money this summer before returning to work, so I was thinking of putting like $2000 online to play $50nl and try to run it up seriously, but the thought of grinding again just nauseates me, even if the cash is more significant. Perhaps if I got hockey jerseys in the mail however I would change my tune.

This hand is just all sorts of lolNo-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($189)BB ($107.20)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aheart.gif, 10diamond.gifHero bets $2.50, BB raises $8, Hero raises $186, BB calls $98.20Flop: ($212.40) Qclub.gif, Kclub.gif, 7club.gif(2 players)Turn: ($212.40) 10spade.gif(2 players)River: ($212.40) 7heart.gif(2 players)Total pot: $212.40Results:Hero had Aheart.gif, 10diamond.gif (two pair, tens and sevens).BB had 7spade.gif, 3spade.gif (three of a kind, sevens).Outcome: BB won $213.90

This hand is just all sorts of lolNo-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($189)BB ($107.20)Results:Hero had Aheart.gif, 10diamond.gif (two pair, tens and sevens).BB had 7spade.gif, 3spade.gif (three of a kind, sevens).Outcome: BB won $213.90
<3 $0 blinds, you can really nit it up and look for good spotsBut, yes, lol

Poker gods blessing me?No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($208.75)SB ($124.50)BB ($200.10)UTG ($257.11)MP ($87.75)Preflop: Hero is Button with Jclub.gif, 8club.gif2 folds, Hero bets $3, 1 fold, BB raises $11, Hero calls $9Flop: ($24.50) 4spade.gif, 8diamond.gif, Jheart.gif(2 players)BB bets $14, Hero raises $36, BB raises $86, Hero raises $160.50, BB calls $87.85Turn: ($400.20) 5club.gif(2 players)River: ($400.20) 10club.gif(2 players)Total pot: $400.20Results:Hero had Jclub.gif, 8club.gif (two pair, Jacks and eights).BB had Adiamond.gif, Qspade.gif (high card, Ace).Outcome: Hero won $406.60

I saw a kid at Turningstone with like 2.5k sitting 1/2 a few days ago. He was to my left. I was dealt three hands at the table and left after watching him flop aces full of kings with AK and getting a stack, and then getting it in with QQ vs KK and flopping a set.Who is buying these people's souls for good cards, and where do I sign on the dotted line?Meanwhile I moved to another table with a friend, and after one round I had the quietest table in the room putting in 3 blind raises from 1 to 2 to 4 to 10 to 20 all dark. 15 minutes later it had become super standard for there to be at least a minraise UTG dark and usually someone in LP would make it 20 dark. I love turning nits into psychos at that place just by starting some conversations and having some fun.

Hi guys. I'm just getting back into poker after a 7 month break. Coming back re-focused has been a help as I really feel like I am playing a lot better than I ever have (not much to say at all). I had a lot of problems taking .05/.10 games on with real focus and have not had very gratifying success. I win at .05/.10 the majority of the time, but I am trying out .10/.25 out because A) the stakes are bigger and I just feel like I have a lot more fun playing for money that is just something I can be a bit more proud about after a winning session and B) I am trying to unlock some of my bonus from FTP. I have around a 350 dollar bankroll. I had a poor session my first time, with a few small winning sessions in between that and today. Today's session has me really starting to doubt myself and if I should play at this level. I played for 2 hours and had won about 5 bucks in that time with the exception of these two hands.I apologize for the non-converted hands, I'm still getting used to the new software and didn't copy the entire historyHand 1I'm in cutoff and the hijack limps and I raise to 1 with 99.Flop comes 3 10 4 rainbowhijack bet 2.50 (2.75 pot), I called.Turn was QHijack checked, I pushed and he called. (he had 3 dollars behind him)He showed 3 5 offsuitRiver 5He wins a 13 dollar pot.Hand 2I have AA in UTG+2 and raise to .75. I got one caller in middle positionFlop 3 8 4 (two hearts0I bet 2, he calledTurn JI bet 5, he pushed, I calledHe showed me 34 and it heldHe won a 28 dollar pot.Bleh. I'm just disappointed with the bad beats. Maybe I shouldn't have been in the hand on the first hand, and maybe I should've wondered what I can beat on the second hand (I couldn't justify him calling with 38, 34, or 48). Should I keep on trying to play at this level?

How do we feel about this?? MP is 45/14 over 22 hands.:feral_cow: v.882b Moooooooooooraaawwwr.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 9 playersMP: $9.20 MP2: $3.57 HJ: $1.00 CO: $4.93 (Hero)Button: $1.01 SB: $6.21 BB: $5.00 UTG: $2.53 UTG+1: $0.93 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with :4h: :D: (9 players)UTG+1 folds, MP calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, HJ folds, Hero raises to $0.25, Button calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP calls $0.20, MP2 foldsFlop: ($0.87) :D: :club:: :jh: (4 players)MP bets $0.05, Hero raises to $1.02, Button calls $0.76, and is all in, MP calls $0.97Turn: ($3.67) :qh: (4 players)MP checks, Hero bets $3.66, and is all in, MP calls $3.66River: ($10.99) :ts: (4 players)MP showed :3h: :club::, Ace Ten highHero showed :5c: :D:, a pair of AcesButton showed :ts: :D:, a pair of JacksHero won $10.26

Yeah, I haven't been in a pot against that line yet, but I noticed it 3-4 times this afternoon. All folded to river pot-bed.
Kind of what Ganador said...the reason that it works is that if you usually can't stand the pot bet since you just called the min-bets. I don't really suggest it as a viable line though, cause, as they noted also, it gives the caller really nice implied odds.Also looks like the discussion has picked back up in here after a long lull.
and after one round I had the quietest table in the room putting in 3 blind raises from 1 to 2 to 4 to 10 to 20 all dark. 15 minutes later it had become super standard for there to be at least a minraise UTG dark and usually someone in LP would make it 20 dark. I love turning nits into psychos at that place just by starting some conversations and having some fun.
This is very much a live poker success story.

hows this for an LOL.... should i dump QQ pre???Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 232710The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (MP2): $9.70CO: $6.10BTN: $1.85SB: $1.90BB: $6.35UTG: $1.85UTG+1: $11.70UTG+2: $15.45MP1: $4.30Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP2 with Q :3h Q :D2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, 4 folds, UTG+2 raises to $2.75, MP1 calls $2.45, Hero calls $1.45Flop: ($8.40) 3 :club: 9 :qh Q :club:(3 players)UTG+2 bets $12.70 all in, MP1 calls $1.55 all in, Hero calls $6.95 all inTurn: ($23.85) 4 :D(3 players - 3 are all in)River: ($23.85) T :ts(3 players - 3 are all in)Final Pot: $23.85Hero shows Q :jh Q :D (three of a kind, Queens)UTG+2 shows A :ts A :4h (a pair of Aces)MP1 shows K :5c J :D (a straight, Nine to King)Hero wins $10.25MP1 wins $12.45(Rake: $1.15)KJ obv the nuts everytime!

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 232716The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN: $9.00SB: $6.23BB: $8.32UTG: $4.97UTG+1: $2.65Hero (MP): $16.64CO: $7.31Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with T :D T :3h2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25Flop: ($0.85) 4 :club: 2 :qh K :jh(2 players)SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30Turn: ($1.45) T :ts(2 players)SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.40, SB calls $0.90River: ($4.25) J :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3Final Pot: $10.25SB mucks A :5c A :club:Hero shows T :D T :D (three of a kind, Tens)Hero wins $9.75(Rake: $0.50)I have Run-Good in my veins tonight.. three times now i hit a set vs aces.is peeling one on the flop ok?