• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have sounds of rain and thunder into a river playing in the background. I didn't wanna say it though, thought it was too much.Not sure what min-min-pot is, but I'd call it with like middle pair to find out. Mosta the time I think it's any pair but sometimes it's only top pair. So I think it differs from player to player.

I also have sounds of rain and thunder into a river playing in the background. I didn't wanna say it though, thought it was too much.Not sure what min-min-pot is, but I'd call it with like middle pair to find out. Mosta the time I think it's any pair but sometimes it's only top pair. So I think it differs from player to player.
Yeah, I haven't been in a pot against that line yet, but I noticed it 3-4 times this afternoon. All folded to river pot-bed.

In HU 50 nl, ive seen the min bet min bet pot quite a bit. Usually it means a moderate hand. I rarely find myself calling it though, because if i had hand a hand I oculd of called a min bet with, I have most likely raised them on flop or turn. I usually end up calling 2 min bets with a gutshot or something of that sort and then folding to pot bet.

I also have sounds of rain and thunder into a river playing in the background. I didn't wanna say it though, thought it was too much.
LOL it's only too much if you shaved your head and are wearing orange robes in the lotus position
In HU 50 nl, ive seen the min bet min bet pot quite a bit. Usually it means a moderate hand. I rarely find myself calling it though, because if i had hand a hand I oculd of called a min bet with, I have most likely raised them on flop or turn. I usually end up calling 2 min bets with a gutshot or something of that sort and then folding to pot bet.
That's what I was thinking,at micros I'm seeing sooooo many min-bets on the flop as people are trying to pick up orphan pots with minimal risk, How about a situation where we're in the CO with 66 and MP1 opens for 3xbb and we flat as does the BB. So the pot would be ~9bb and the flop comes some combination of 2 overs; KT4, A93 etc and BB min-bets the flop, should we raise (for value) or should we set-mine the turn or just fold?Assume both situations where MP1 folds/calls.

That is a situation that opponent dependent I think. If he has shown he will just min bet all three streets (which many do), I don't hate just calling down all 3.If he is a min min pot guy. I play mostly HU, and often I will do something like make a small raise, party for value, but i've seen players min bet with tp or middle pair quite often, however, the small raise will take away his action, and he will usually no longer min bet the turn, or pot the river. so you avoid facing any other calling decisions throughout the hand. Even is he bets .50, merely raising to 1.50 will usually shut him down, or he will reraise right there and you can easily fold with minimal risk.Just something I like to do. Skillz prob disagrees with me. But he's airballing like 1k in tourneys today, so who cares what he thinks.

That's what I was thinking,at micros I'm seeing sooooo many min-bets on the flop as people are trying to pick up orphan pots with minimal risk, How about a situation where we're in the CO with 66 and MP1 opens for 3xbb and we flat as does the BB. So the pot would be ~9bb and the flop comes some combination of 2 overs; KT4, A93 etc and BB min-bets the flop, should we raise (for value) or should we set-mine the turn or just fold?Assume both situations where MP1 folds/calls.
My first post into the infamous BAW thread, lol.....This discussion just caught my attention as I've been seeing these min-bets over and over and over (especially today) in $5 and $10 sng's. I agree with everyone that its usually a marginal hand like mid-pair and I've even seen it done with complete air, like King high on multiple streets, a few times. As for your question KingJames, I can think of 2 times today that I've raised in that exact situation and picked up the pot, can't quite remember if it was in a HU pot or 3-way. I have also just flatted to go set-mining now and then...I guess which direction I choose depends on the stats I see in the villains, how my image is, all the relevant stack sizes, etc. Not sure where this practice grew out of but I just LoL when I see it over and over again. Had one guy in a sng who min-bet donked every single flop he saw out of position and folded to any raise over 90% of the time. I think he was running somewhere around 80/5 over 40-50 hands, lol.

Yeah I think raising there is raising for info with 66. If we had complete air I'd like raising more. Only raise for value, semi-bluff, or as a bluff, with the 66 we are just hoping he folds and getting rid of his air with a raise. I'd just call/call/call and see wtf he's doing it with and then adjust. If it's villain dependent you need to get to showdown to see wtf villain is doing it with.

Yeah I think raising there is raising for info with 66. If we had complete air I'd like raising more. Only raise for value, semi-bluff, or as a bluff, with the 66 we are just hoping he folds and getting rid of his air with a raise. I'd just call/call/call and see wtf he's doing it with and then adjust. If it's villain dependent you need to get to showdown to see wtf villain is doing it with.
Right, it is raising for info, huh?Okay, ty all for the inputandLOL, donkaments

so we're better off raising, as a bluff if we flat KJ in the CO on a A94 flop if they min-bet... how much should we raise? ie in the 9bb example, villain bets 1bb, hero raises to?

That BB's play with 44 in the 6 handed was just awful.I was railing in the beginning for a bit when i saw two guys get 5k in each with blinds at like 20/40, on a flop of AKJhh, and showed Q7hh and A5o. I was thinking, wow, you can really pick up some chips at this table.

Well if you know villain will do this with air, then raising with 66 isn't raising for info, if anything its raising for value/to protect your hand, while you may obviously get info in the process depending on what he does, no?

Yeah I was thinking the same. Very soft 6max table, my HU opponent was realllllllllllllly bad too. But HUsngs are rough, structure wasn't great, and w/e it's a tourney. Missed a couple short shove spots in the 6max when I was focusing on the HU, but nothing too bad, like QKo and AJo twice UTG, not liek mandatory shove with where my stack was.The 6max makes me a lil sad.James, if I were to raise with KJo there I'd just bet it as if the 1bb bet wasn't there and raise to like 7bbs. I'd probably barrel the turn too, because most people will call one.It's better to raise if the board wasn't A high and we had an overcard at least!

I was going to say 7bb also. Yeah, i was really hoping you would go deep in HU so i could rail that, but i had to get in some good pool time in the 95 degree afternoon. Just from the AA hand, you know he is awful cause he min raised preflop with AA. I yearn to play players who do that.

Wish I had double barreled! Was a pretty good turn card for my range, but he was folding to 100% of flop cbets and he insta called, so I figured he had draw or weak made hand and he was never gonna fold to another barrel. Wish it was just a blank so you coulda watched me bluff shoved over his river lead :club:

Yeah that sucked... I turbo x-ed out of lobby when I busted so don't have HH. Lost a big pot where I would have had 25k which would have been a decent bit above avg and put me in great position against the weakest table ever.I had AA raised, button flat, sb shoved, i reshoved he had 33, 3 on flop obvio.Then I was short, built it up a little bit, then dwindled down, jammed 48 on button when it folded to me and BB woke up with KK.

Man I wish I won those tourneys and was like 400k richer today than yesterday. Instead I'm like $500 poorer. Had I known that I wouldn't have signed up.
Really? Most players would do it again anyway knowing they'll lose the money in advance

Well I am equally distraught. If I had known HU online was so easy to beat, I could of been doing this for years. So much missed revenue, I have literally been grieving over it. All that time and effort wasted playing SNG's.