Just played live and made a ridiculous good fold preflop w/ QQ, lagtard had AT but 3bet villain had KK. ps it was good in that I went with my read/positon/table dynamics, etcAnother QQ hand from the night; first orbitHero is BB with QQ; effective stacks are 100bbUTG limps (Loose/weak), HJ limps (Tight/weak) SB complete, Hero raises to $15, UTG calls HJ calls, SB folds ($47)Flop: J :club: T :ts 3 :diamond:Hero bets $40, UTG calls, HJ calls ($167)Turn: 3 :spade:Hero shoves $135, UTG folds, HJ calls ($337)Villain shows JT for counterfeited 2 pair. We run the river 3 times, he bricks and I scoop. UTG folded AJ. In hindsight, had I checked the turn, I felt them both.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

uggg, I hope I don't through that. That's about 3 months of hands for me.So far I'm running at about 15BB/100 over 17-18K hands. I only play 3 tables at a time right now though.
i think my main problem is i play too many tables. Typically 12. i feel i play my best when i play 6-8 but it's tooooo slow for me. your running good i wouldn't expect that rate to be sustainable but if you do ur killing it.
Just played live and made a ridiculous good fold preflop w/ QQ, lagtard had AT but 3bet villain had KK. ps it was good in that I went with my read/positon/table dynamics, etcAnother QQ hand from the night; first orbitHero is BB with QQ; effective stacks are 100bbUTG limps (Loose/weak), HJ limps (Tight/weak) SB complete, Hero raises to $15, UTG calls HJ calls, SB folds ($47)Flop: J :club: T :ts 3 :diamond:Hero bets $40, UTG calls, HJ calls ($167)Turn: 3 :spade:Hero shoves $135, UTG folds, HJ calls ($337)Villain shows JT for counterfeited 2 pair. We run the river 3 times, he bricks and I scoop. UTG folded AJ. In hindsight, had I checked the turn, I felt them both.
you ran the river three times?!!!! LOL
I think betting the turn is way better than checking. You may end up trapping yourself. 9,T,J,K and A are all potentially bad cards and you have less than a pot size bet left. You made the right play.

Silly regs...No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($43.90)MP ($116.80)Hero (Button) ($103.60)SB ($100)BB ($118.55)Preflop: Hero is Button with Qdiamond.gif, Aheart.gif1 fold, MP bets $3.50, Hero raises $11, 2 folds, MP calls $7.50Flop: ($23.50) 6diamond.gif, 6club.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)MP checks, Hero checksTurn: ($23.50) 4spade.gif(2 players)MP checks, Hero checksRiver: ($23.50) 5club.gif(2 players)MP bets $20, Hero calls $20Total pot: $63.50Results:Hero had Qdiamond.gif, Aheart.gif (one pair, sixes).MP had Jheart.gif, Aspade.gif (one pair, sixes).Outcome: Hero won $60.50

And this dude was a 12/10. What a crazy play... if that turn didn't pair I might have folded the turn.No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($109.70)BB ($20)Hero (UTG) ($101.50)Button ($277.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Aspade.gif, Kheart.gifHero bets $3, 1 fold, SB calls $2.50, 1 foldFlop: ($7) 2heart.gif, Aclub.gif, 3club.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises $12, Hero calls $8Turn: ($31) 3spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $20, Hero calls $20River: ($71) 9heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $74.70 (All-In), Hero calls $66.50 (All-In)Total pot: $204Results:SB had 10heart.gif, 8heart.gif (one pair, threes).Hero had Aspade.gif, Kheart.gif (two pair, Aces and threes).Outcome: Hero won $202

Ha, im actually pretty suprised its that high as well. Since i've been forced into the awful world of online play, where the guys playing .10/.25 would normally be playing 1/2 live, maybe you will see a massive ressurgence of me on this forum. Someone needs to counter your advice, which is usually "shove." Btw what would a good HU bb/100 be. I know nothing of these stats this program keeps firing out at me.

Really good players can get like 20bb/100. If you aren't winning more than 14bb/100 you'd probably make a decent bit more playing 6max. 6max you really can't expect to make more than 10bb/100 even if you crush, but you can just mass table and play so many more hands.

Hmmm, well i am like 13.23 over 30k hands right now, but i've been running pretty terrible lately as expected in swingy HU (like 9 buyins under in last 5k hands), so i'll stick with it for a while. I cant handle 10-15 tabling like you do, I'm a live guy remember. 2 tabling HU is about my limit, so when are you going to be ready to go to AC again, we might go very very soon.

Never! That was worst experience of my life. I'm probably not gonna go again soon though, prob wouldn't be able to go til a 3 day weekend or something, like Columbus Day in October?I never played more than 2 tables HU, takes too much focus. 6 tabling I can basically play as quickly as I can click, I'll play 15 tables if there are enough good games, but I stay around 10-12.

Greyhound is awesome btw. A round trip from Philly to AC only cost me $20... I could have stayed one night or forty and my return trip would have been good... AND the trip got me a free $20 to play slots with. Riding down to AC on Greyhound is +EV of $30 imo :club: They paid me to go!

Wow, it's dead in here. I've been playing pretty bad this month and not professionally enough at all. Just have had a very bad attitude and outlook that has obviously coincided and contributed to a long downswing/breakeven stretch. Hopefully I can turn it around emotionally or else I'm never gonna break through to a level that I'd be content with. Emotional part of the game is so huge for a few reasons. It seems like the easiest to gloss over because everyone knows that tilting is stupid, etc. But I think there's a bunch of stupid ways people tilt when they think they have things under control. My biggest weakness when I'm playing poorly is river play. I call wayyyyy too much and bet/call in spots that I should be bet/folding if I'm playing good, check/calling if I'm playing bad, and bet/calling when I just have so much anger and lack confidence.Ex. I have A2 on a A249J board and bet flop, turn, and river. If I get raised on that river against most opponents it should be turbo muck, but I've been playing bad enough to turn those bet/folds into bet/calls. I bet/call because I'm angry and want my hand to be good and because I lack confidence in my reads and think maybe just maybe he decided to wait until the river and value raise worse two pairs like 42 or stupid stuff like AK.Another example of tilt crushing people is that they quit when they feel themselves tilting or w/e. It's better than not quitting and tilting in the session, but letting the results dictate the length of your session is really a bad habit and a bad poker outlook that a ton of winning players have.Then the other big tilt thing I have is when I'm losing/breaking even I feel the need to grind so that I can win and then I play lots of hands and cut down on reviewing my session and on watching vids. When I'm losing and breaking even I should be more focused on those things but instead I'm putting in the most amount of hands when I'm playing my worst.So much for me to learn and correct, sigh.Decisions not results. It's pretty sad that when I win a couple coinflips and am up a K or so I feel great and if I lose those coinflips and am down $500 or something I feel like I suck. Decisions not results!Done preaching.RIP Jim Johnson :club:

Another example of tilt crushing people is that they quit when they feel themselves tilting or w/e. It's better than not quitting and tilting in the session, but letting the results dictate the length of your session is really a bad habit and a bad poker outlook that a ton of winning players have.RIP Jim Johnson :club:
Tilt kills me this way so bad. Fortunately my sessions are usually only 60-90 mins long and I have several of them during the day. Taking breaks allows me to stay freshest when I sit down, not overadjust to reads, and has a naturally built in tilt control.And yes RIP. Not an Eagles fan but that man has carried Reid for a long time.

LOL questions. I was playing $200 HU and $100 6 max. Now I'm pretty much just playing $100 6max, but I'll mix in some heads up if I'm in the mood. I review hands after every session. I think it's really important to have a few poker friends that are as serious as you and are hungry to get better so you can bounce ideas off of them and just have them keep you level headed and accountable during the good and bad times. I skype with Ah238 and Whatgreatis like most nights of the week and sometimes we sweat each other or we just all are playing while talking and bitching together or w/e. But they are a big help. I don't watch videos as often as I should... I probably watch 3-4 vids a month maybe?I'm a middle school social studies teacher, so I have the summers off. I'm a little too worried about the state of online poker in our country and the state of poker in general to want to go pro. If I was making like 150k+ it'd be too much for me not to quit my job. Right now I'll probably make around 45-50k this yr from poker and 40k from teaching. I can deal with that, my goal is to be making 80-100k from poker and just not having to worry financially about much and to keep teaching. Playing poker is a little too anti-social for me and I like that I contribute somewhat on a small scale to society. Mostly though, I like that I don't need to win at poker and I think it makes me calmer and keeps the grind from being too much. I also worry about not having health insurance and just about how much I'd be hurting myself long term if poker does go away. I think poker will be fine for like at least 10 more years, but that's what's scary is if it stayed for 10-15 years and then dissolved into too tough a game for me to beat. I'd be 35-40 with no work experience and pretty screwed. I'm kinda taking the safe lame route, but hoping to stockpile lots of monies away :)I'm at the point now where I've bought a few toys from poker winnings and I want to buy a house from it. So I'm forcing myself to put 2-3k a month away so that in 2-3 years I can put down 80-100k on a nice house.