So true. I was once on a $20NL table with this guy who dropped like $100, insta-reloading every time, then he sat out for a few mins, then started playing/reloading again. I think there's a good chance he deposited more money into his account it that time, since his last reload before he sat out was some random amount. I'll see if I can find his graph.Anyway the euro sites are super juicy in their own right. Also you can get bottomless bonus (like rakeback) on OnGame and iPoker, so they're just a much better option than Full Tilt/Stars IMO. Note: I don't work for a european poker site.
What's the security aspect like on the Euro sites you play on? I've always played on stars or Full Tilt so far because I don't want to put any savings into somewhere even the slightest big dodgy(especially after micro gaming went down). What site in particular do you play on?
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the security aspect like on the Euro sites you play on? I've always played on stars or Full Tilt so far because I don't want to put any savings into somewhere even the slightest big dodgy(especially after micro gaming went down). What site in particular do you play on?
As far as I'm aware the security is fine. What kind of things might indicate security was bad? IIRC (from my lurking ways) simo lost a load of money when a euro site went bust? I play on Bet365 (iPoker), which I believe is a big, legit UK bookmaker, so I have every confidence in them. In all my dealings with them over the past 1.5 years they're been exemplary. The software is worse than Full Tilt (you can't resize the ******* tables, why the hell would a developer decide it is better not to be able to resize tables?!), but I can't imagine there are softer games on the internet (due a lot to the sports book I reckon). That combined with seamless, rapid transfers mean I'll never play on a US site again.I mean since it's such a pain to get money off FTP, it's quite a big plunge to move, but they are a great option.In other news I've started filling out my degree feedback questionnaire, and the only aspect I am disappointed with is that a gambling game theory unit was not offered :club: .

Dave: [shuffles through mail] Catalog. Catolog. Christmas cards. . . . Damn it.Nikki: ??Dave: No utility bills.Nikki: ??

Dave: [shuffles through mail] Catalog. Catolog.
What's the difference?
What's the difference?
:club:

UB account saga update:I didn't send any of that crap yet. Check showed up today. *shrug*

I can't believe that fg was blocked and returned for a TD. Complete domination of the half and only up 3....sigh want to die.
I can't believe Dallas dominated the best team in the AFC East with the best Defense in the league for 3.75 quarters, then shit their brains out for the last 5 minutes.
I can't believe Dallas dominated the best team in the AFC North with the best Defense in the league for 3.75 quarters, then shit their brains out for the last 5 minutes.
How about c/c, c/c, c/r fold ?I mean, if you're Ben Bernanke playing heads up against Henry Paulson this line makes sense.
That made me laugh.
I can't believe Dallas dominated the best team in the AFC NORTH with the best Defense in the league for 3.75 quarters, then shit their brains out for the last 5 minutes.
If it was truly domination, there would have been more than a one-possession difference in the score with 5 minutes left.
That made me laugh. If it was truly domination, there would have been more than a one-possession difference in the score with 5 minutes left.
Tell me the last time a team scored 40 on the Steelers in Heinz Field? I thought so. You can't dominate a team on that field. You put Oklahoma and Florida in the national title game and put it in Pittsburgh in that weather, and it would end 21-17 and that would be considered high scoring for teams that average close to or over 50 a game.Honestly, the Steelers defense isn't THAT good, but when you play on that shitty field which is either a bog when it's warm or a sheet of steel when its freezing, and have a constant 30 MPH cross wind, your defense looks really good.
Tell me the last time a team scored 40 on the Steelers in Heinz Field? I thought so. You can't dominate a team on that field. You put Oklahoma and Florida in the national title game and put it in Pittsburgh in that weather, and it would end 21-17 and that would be considered high scoring for teams that average close to or over 50 a game.Honestly, the Steelers defense isn't THAT good, but when you play on that shitty field which is either a bog when it's warm or a sheet of steel when its freezing, and have a constant 30 MPH cross wind, your defense looks really good.

post-19286-1228946076_thumb.jpg

I forgot they played the Pats and Redskins at home.
I forgot they played the Pats and Redskins at home.
Washington and the Patriots are 29th and 18th in the league in scoring. FAIL.Pittsburgh shuts down bad teams and their defense looks good for it. They gave up 24 and 21 to the Colts and Giants (in Pitt). Meanwhile, they shut down the one dimensional pats, crushed those awe-inspiring Bengals twice, crushed the Redskins who can't put a touchdown on the board against anyone, and they crushed the mighty Browns. Pardon me while I bang my head off the wall. Everyone raves about the Steelers tough schedule, but point-blank, they don't have one. They get 4 free wins from the Bengals and Browns, they got Houston in the season opener, a downright terrible San Diego team, Washington who lost the ability to score, a one dimensional Patriots team, and a Jacksonville team that couldn't beat 90% of the teams in the league. So they're hard schedule is Dallas (who have a tendency to beat themselves), the Giants, the Colts, the Eagles (who have a tendency to beat themselves), a game against Tennessee that hasn't happened yet and likely won't matter for Tennessee anyway and two games against the Ravens who have a rookie QB? Lol.Apart from the Dallas game, they give up points to every good team they play (don't get me wrong, Dallas sucks/is good 50/50). You don't have a prayer in the world of sitting there and telling me the Steelers defense won that game for them. Tony Romo's dumbshit passes, bad play calling by the Cowboys (Draw on third and 7 with 4 minutes left and the lead/Cover 4 on the Steelers scoring possession trying not to give up the big play, no blitzing even though they were getting there all day and leaving guys wide open in the middle of the field), and absurd winds won the Steelers that game. Christ, they let Tashard Choice (Any non Cowboys fan heard of him before that game?) run for 88 yards and catch 78 yards in his first career start. Pfffft.
Washington and the Patriots are 29th and 18th in the league in scoring. FAIL.Pittsburgh shuts down bad teams and their defense looks good for it. They gave up 24 and 21 to the Colts and Giants (in Pitt). Meanwhile, they shut down the one dimensional pats, crushed those awe-inspiring Bengals twice, crushed the Redskins who can't put a touchdown on the board against anyone, and they crushed the mighty Browns. Pardon me while I bang my head off the wall. Everyone raves about the Steelers tough schedule, but point-blank, they don't have one. They get 4 free wins from the Bengals and Browns, they got Houston in the season opener, a downright terrible San Diego team, Washington who lost the ability to score, a one dimensional Patriots team, and a Jacksonville team that couldn't beat 90% of the teams in the league. So they're hard schedule is Dallas (who have a tendency to beat themselves), the Giants, the Colts, the Eagles (who have a tendency to beat themselves), a game against Tennessee that hasn't happened yet and likely won't matter for Tennessee anyway and two games against the Ravens who have a rookie QB? Lol.Apart from the Dallas game, they give up points to every good team they play (don't get me wrong, Dallas sucks/is good 50/50). You don't have a prayer in the world of sitting there and telling me the Steelers defense won that game for them. Tony Romo's dumbshit passes, bad play calling by the Cowboys (Draw on third and 7 with 4 minutes left and the lead/Cover 4 on the Steelers scoring possession trying not to give up the big play, no blitzing even though they were getting there all day and leaving guys wide open in the middle of the field), and absurd winds won the Steelers that game. Christ, they let Tashard Choice (Any non Cowboys fan heard of him before that game?) run for 88 yards and catch 78 yards in his first career start. Pfffft.
The Steelers have what is commonly accepted as the toughest schedule in the NFL this year.See what people from the opposing teams say:http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...er.299bfaf.htmlThe Steelers lead the league in rushing defense, passing defense and total defense. They have yet to allow even 300 yards in a game.http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=4922445. Steel tough. Truth is, the Steelers' defense deserves more credit than Cassel does blame. This unit has stood up proudly to every challenge it has faced -- and it isn't getting the praise it deserves for the true statistical excellence it's achieving, particularly with the schedule the Steelers have navigated.http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2008/...sburgh-steelersAfter holding Patriots to just 267 yards of total offence yesterday, Pittsburgh have now held every opponent this year to under 300 yards. Since the 1970 merger only the 1974 Rams, who went 14 games, have managed a longer streak from the start of a season.http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2008/...prove-road-markSteelers Improve Road Mark To 5-1 With Resounding Victory Over New England ... * We still have not given up a 300 yard game in the __________. What's supposed to be in the blank? The passing game? No, no. We haven't given up a 300 yard game. Period. In fact, we've yet to surrender more than 290 yards in a single game this year. That's just ridiculous. I really hope you're appreciating just how historically amazing this group has been.

People THOUGHT the Steelers have a tough schedule originally, and even in parts of the season (and that's not to say that parts of it were tough). But teams they play seem to either overplay their expectations going into Pittsburgh and then play a GOOD defense and realize how bad they are or just suck to begin with. I'm sorry, but part of holding teams under 300 yards and allowing very few total yards per game has a lot to do with inflating statistics of playing Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bengals twice, playing a Cleveland team that is just plain terrible, beat down a Tom Brady-less Patriots team that has no running game, a Jacksonville team that has played like shit all year, and a Redskins team that was without a healthy Clinton Portis (one dimensional again). There is no way you hold the Cowboys, Colts or Giants under 300 yards in Indy, N.J. or Dallas, but they played all of those good offenses on the WORST field in the HISTORY of the league (and the Cowboys is probably the worst weather possible barring a blizzard). Side note too, when the **** are they going to fix that field. I've never seen so many injuries in one game as in the Dallas/Steelers game. There was an injury every two plays.Another reason the Defense looks so good is because they really haven't played a game where they could just take series off to end the game because their offense has been so terrible. They've had to play every play like the game depended on it, mostly because it actually has, apart from the two games at Cincy (where Cincy can't move the ball anyway) and the game against Houston (season opener where Houston always sucks). They've basically needed their defense to play the entire game and basically even win them a few games. To that, I salute them, they're a very good defense. But people are going bananas like they're the best defense ever because they shut down bad teams and keep good offenses under 300 yards on Heinz bog. There is no way that this defense is better than the all time great defenses in NFL history.And believe me, I'm not saying I can think of a better defense this season, but they really do have a softer schedule than everyone is acting and they're just as good as they usually are.

can David post some gnome pics now?
:-)I went looking for some gnomes in old Bored at Work posts. I couldn't find any that looked helpful, but I did find me trying to convince Zach to get a job.
People THOUGHT the Steelers have a tough schedule originally, and even in parts of the season (and that's not to say that parts of it were tough). But teams they play seem to either overplay their expectations going into Pittsburgh and then play a GOOD defense and realize how bad they are or just suck to begin with. I'm sorry, but part of holding teams under 300 yards and allowing very few total yards per game has a lot to do with inflating statistics of playing Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bengals twice, playing a Cleveland team that is just plain terrible, beat down a Tom Brady-less Patriots team that has no running game, a Jacksonville team that has played like shit all year, and a Redskins team that was without a healthy Clinton Portis (one dimensional again). There is no way you hold the Cowboys, Colts or Giants under 300 yards in Indy, N.J. or Dallas, but they played all of those good offenses on the WORST field in the HISTORY of the league (and the Cowboys is probably the worst weather possible barring a blizzard). Side note too, when the **** are they going to fix that field. I've never seen so many injuries in one game as in the Dallas/Steelers game. There was an injury every two plays.Another reason the Defense looks so good is because they really haven't played a game where they could just take series off to end the game because their offense has been so terrible. They've had to play every play like the game depended on it, mostly because it actually has, apart from the two games at Cincy (where Cincy can't move the ball anyway) and the game against Houston (season opener where Houston always sucks). They've basically needed their defense to play the entire game and basically even win them a few games. To that, I salute them, they're a very good defense. But people are going bananas like they're the best defense ever because they shut down bad teams and keep good offenses under 300 yards on Heinz bog. There is no way that this defense is better than the all time great defenses in NFL history.And believe me, I'm not saying I can think of a better defense this season, but they really do have a softer schedule than everyone is acting and they're just as good as they usually are.
It only soft because they've beaten everyone and hunh them with an "L" In other words, one of the effects of beating everyone is that your schedule appears to "soften."
It only soft because they've beaten everyone and hunh them with an "L" In other words, one of the effects of beating everyone is that your schedule appears to "soften."
But the Steelers didn't make solely make the Bengals 1-11-1, the Chargers 5-8, the Redskins fall from 6-2 to 7-6, the Browns 4-9, the Jags 4-9, the Texans 6-7. Not to mention when they play Tennessee, the Titans will be have already clinched HFA throughout, they get another free win at Cleveland. The Ravens game this week is their only last real game before the playoffs.The combined record of teams the Steelers have beaten, 53-75-2.The combined record of teams the Steelers have lost too, 27-11-1.????????????????????? They beat bad teams and they look good doing it. I'm not saying they're bad, but they get too much publicity for crushing teams that are struggling every week.

Happy Birthday Nate.Also, LOL at Steelers not being good. they are a solid/good team, if I were a Steel fan I'd feel good about their chances of going to the SuperBowl. I'm not though and their lack of a solid running game and Big Ben being up and down makes me worry. I think the AFC is wide open this yr, I can't see Kerry winning two playoff games, so I'd take the Colts just by default of "best QB wins."

Happy Birthday Nate.Also, LOL at Steelers not being good. they are a solid/good team, if I were a Steel fan I'd feel good about their chances of going to the SuperBowl. I'm not though and their lack of a solid running game and Big Ben being up and down makes me worry. I think the AFC is wide open this yr, I can't see Kerry winning two playoff games, so I'd take the Colts just by default of "best QB wins."
Again, that's not what I said. I said their defense is overrated. They are 'rewriting history book' for defensive stats, but they really aren't good enough that they should be. They're not better than the 2000 Ravens, the '85 Bears, etc. They have a weak schedule (even though the media plays it off that it isn't) and they are crushing teams that can't move the ball against anyone, let alone a good defense like the Steelers have. They aren't a legendary defense just because they keep their offensively deprived division under 300 total yards.