PD CoOp challenge sewers with rocket launchers protecting a gaggle of civilians is insane difficult. Also thanks for all the info NoBBir, my two friends that I used to play with the most both have 360 and also are pushing for that. You didn't mention Gears of War and GOWII, have you played those, how did you like them?
Yeah, I said above about Gears I. I bought that on sale and it was worth $25 after it was out for a bit, but I think I would have been disappointed if I bought it for $60 when it first came out. It was OK, but it certainly wasn't better than COD4 or Halo 3.Apparently GOWII is ridiculous good though. I haven't played that yet, but I think I'm going to rent it before I buy it just for good measure. A lot of people love Gears, and maybe it's for you, but I wasn't THAT impressed to be honest. Certainly worth playing though.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $28.40UTG: $53.90CO: $39.40Hero (BTN): $80.60SB: $16.50Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Qd Jd1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $2, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75Flop: ($7.25) Td Kd 8c (3 players)SB checks, CO bets $7.25, Hero raises to $78.35 all in, SB folds, CO calls $29.90 all inTurn: ($81.55) Ad (2 players - 2 are all in)River: ($81.55) 3s (2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $81.55CO shows 8d 9d (a flush, Ace high)Hero shows Qd Jd (a Royal Flush)Hero wins $78.55(Rake: $3.00)

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: $28.40UTG: $53.90CO: $39.40Hero (BTN): $80.60SB: $16.50Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Qd Jd1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $2, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75Flop: ($7.25) Td Kd 8c (3 players)SB checks, CO bets $7.25, Hero raises to $78.35 all in, SB folds, CO calls $29.90 all inTurn: ($81.55) Ad (2 players - 2 are all in)River: ($81.55) 3s (2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $81.55CO shows 8d 9d (a flush, Ace high)Hero shows Qd Jd (a Royal Flush)Hero wins $78.55(Rake: $3.00)
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm thinking about buying a next gen system. I have PS2 and I've basically only played Madden and Fifa on it for the past 3 yrs and I hardly ever play it at all anymore. My favorite game of all time was Goldeneye 007, and I loved Perfect Dark as well. I guess I like some First Person Shooters, but I'm not a super gamer. I don't think I'd be interested in playing online, or use the system for anything but a gaming system and dvd player. What system would you suggest I buy? I was really close to buying a system on a whim yesterday. You also said Fable II was rocking your world, now Fallout II. Is Fable over already? How much fun did you get out of that game? I like GTA the first one on ps2 a decent amount but it got kind of old. I may like those games too. I'm also semi-intrigued by Final Fantasy, but I enjoy turn based games like War games, Starcraft etc, I'd really like a turn based game that had to do with War like Civil War etc. Any info would be appreciated I've done some googling and it seems most people that are eloquent think the difference between price and system is marginal after you get the stuff you need for each thing. I don't really want to spend more than $500 and I want at least 2 games and 2 controllers.Thanks for any help!
I've got a 360 myself, and have the games in question.For Fable II, I bought it because I like any kind of game where you play one or more characters and they get more and more powerful over time, etc. The gameplay and control system is good, but you'll notice that it gets a bit repetitive after a while. After you get your character builded enough, the fighting system gets kinda boring and repetitive. I bought it one sunday, played it through in about 5 days. Then I returned it. The guy who was there when I returned it said that if you do all the side-quests, it adds a few more hours of gameplay, but overall, I thought the game was meh about halfway into it. The ending kinda sucked hard too.Fallout 3, I got a few weeks ago. I made a character that sucked and so the game kinda sucked, but then I remade one and it was really really fun all the way to the end. After I beat it, I made a new different character and its still fun. Theres so much to do in that game and the replay value is really high. I recommend this one.GTA4 was awesome, that's all that needs to be said about that. You said you like the RTS/RPG games.. a new one just came out for the 360 that the guy at the store tried to get me to buy (i opted for fallout 3). This game is Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution and is supposed to be one of the best games to come out for the 360 of this genre. I'd check that out if you went the 360 route.As for final fantasy, the new one that comes out next year (13) is also coming out for the xbox, which makes me happy. If you wanted to try online play, FFXI is available for the xbox 360 and is an MMO.Have fun!
I've got a 360 myself, and have the games in question.For Fable II, I bought it because I like any kind of game where you play one or more characters and they get more and more powerful over time, etc. The gameplay and control system is good, but you'll notice that it gets a bit repetitive after a while. After you get your character builded enough, the fighting system gets kinda boring and repetitive. I bought it one sunday, played it through in about 5 days. Then I returned it. The guy who was there when I returned it said that if you do all the side-quests, it adds a few more hours of gameplay, but overall, I thought the game was meh about halfway into it. The ending kinda sucked hard too.
I kind of agree with you about Fable 2. It was a good game but it does get a bit repetitive. I played through it twice, mostly because my first time around I was a very very good, swashbuckelling pistol pro, and the second time I was a highly corrupy multi-millionaire magic user and bought enough real-estate to unlock King/Queen titles. I was also interested in the multiple different ending. Still meaning to finish it one more time for the last ending achievement. If you rush right through and don't play a lot of the side quests/etc, you can finish the game in only a few hours, which kills the gameplay. If you play a lot of the side quests and play mini-games, the gameplay value goes way up. I learned that from hour upon hours of Oblivion. The side quests ARE the game. Rushing to the end is like watching only the beginning and ends of movies.The game let me down overall though. I really would have liked the main quest to be longer, and there were a lot of bugs. Also, there really wasn't THAT much to do. Oblivion was released years ago, and that game blew Fable 2 away.
Fallout 3, I got a few weeks ago. I made a character that sucked and so the game kinda sucked, but then I remade one and it was really really fun all the way to the end. After I beat it, I made a new different character and its still fun. Theres so much to do in that game and the replay value is really high. I recommend this one.
Best game of the year, maybe of the last 3 years. I finished the game (took 30 hours) and hadn't even explored the northern half of the map (except the northwest corner obv). Still meaning to start it over and check out the whole map. I'm glad they used the Oblivion formula for it. It seemed so familiar and yet so foreign because of the story/gameplay/items/etc. God, I think I'll go start it over when I'm done with this.
GTA4 was awesome, that's all that needs to be said about that. You said you like the RTS/RPG games.. a new one just came out for the 360 that the guy at the store tried to get me to buy (i opted for fallout 3). This game is Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution and is supposed to be one of the best games to come out for the 360 of this genre. I'd check that out if you went the 360 route.
Sid Meier's games blow my mind. Civ3 is one of the best games I've ever played, so I'm really looking forward to buying this game. Still, I don't see how it could be better than Fallout. GTA4 was awesome, but meh for replay value. I tried to play it the other day again and almost threw up. Once through, the game rocks, but after that it is bleh. Online is fun though.
As for final fantasy, the new one that comes out next year (13) is also coming out for the xbox, which makes me happy. If you wanted to try online play, FFXI is available for the xbox 360 and is an MMO.Have fun!
I heard this the other day. I'm glad FF is going cross console. I like the games, and hope that 13 is a bit better than 10 and 12. 12's combat system was retarded. I miss 7-8-9-10's Active Time Battle system. Live action was sort of dumb. I realize they were trying to go away from the formula they've had for ten games, but meh. I couldn't even finish 12 due to that, and 10 always gets me bored whenever I try to play it. I need to find a working copy of 7 again. Mine is busto. They're like $50-$70 on ebay though :club:
These posts rock. If I get the 360 am I being really stupid for getting the cheapo version?
What do you consider the cheapo version? If by that you mean console+1 controller, that's what I bought. Just make sure you get a harddrive. They sell them separately, but you can get it with the system. Memory cards suck, but a hard drive can hold tons of saved game files, updates, downloads, maps for online games, gamer pictures, avatars, etc.I didn't, and then had to go buy it separately. It's a must have. Also, it wouldn't hurt to buy a battery pack + charger. It gets to be a pain in the ass buying tons of batteries (sometimes 1 Battery pack comes with the console, but I dunno about the charger).A lot of my friends bought the custom Halo ones or the Black Ninja ones, but other than looking cool, it's pointless. The white looks better IMO anyway (racist obv).
You and me both buddy.
I heard rumor that they aren't going to release Starcraft 2 until late next year at the earliest :club: They are going to release Diablo III and wait for sales from that to die down before Starcraft 2... also they are apparently releasing all the game with two expansion packs simultaneously
I heard rumor that they aren't going to release Starcraft 2 until late next year at the earliest :club: They are going to release Diablo III and wait for sales from that to die down before Starcraft 2... also they are apparently releasing all the game with two expansion packs simultaneously
See, Blizzard has this problem. It's called, 'Mental Retardation.'They've been sitting on two gold mining liscenses since Diablo II came out, and instead of committing anything to either of them, they turned around and built an empire on Warcraft. I can't complain about that, but if they had any of their shit together, they would have started one of the two, or both, projects earlier than they did. Now, they're sitting on their hands because they can't release both at the same time or they'll have reduced sales, so one sits on the shelf and gets dated, while the other does well. This is what irks me. Then they'll turn around and release the other and people will be like, 'wtf this feel like it's from 2002, I'm going to go play Diablo III.' And most likely they'll do that to Starcraft (and I'm sure a lot of people disagree, but I think it is their best gaming liscense imo). Then, in all of their wisdom, they'll think, 'wow, Starcraft isn't that popular! MAKE MORE WOW STUFF!'
See, Blizzard has this problem. It's called, 'Mental Retardation.'
it is only going to be worse now that they have been bought by EA. The only thing about blizzard is I can't think of a game they have released that hasn't been awesome.Did they ever release Ghost? I can't remember. Anywho if they don't release Diablo III or Starcraft soon I am going to go crazy. I have been waiting for i dunno 4 years?!? I gotta say the quality of the games is second to none... so I guess I will just have to put up with it.
I need to cash some of my BR out and buy a new PC for diablo 3 / fallout 3. I was a huge d2 addict. Lvl 97 hammerdin ftw.
The last time I played D2 I started playing with a friend over christmas break last year. I made a summonmancer on hardcore and got him to like 83 in two days. I was at his house when I started Hell difficulty and his sister was watching TV. Somehow I we were joking around and I called her a whore and she kicked me in the balls while I was laying on my stomach on the floor. I like wreathed in pain for 10 minutes before I looked up to see that I got owned by shit right outside of the Rogue Camp in Act I while my balls were suffering.Then I restarted and remade my dude to level 63 or something, and went to take a shower while I was in NM Act 4 and for some reason decided I should just leave my character in the wastes while I went to shower. I came back and had been killed by like 2 spectres.Since then I have not played D2, hardcore or otherwise.

Seeing as we're on the subject...My current TV is really terrible, how much will I be looking at to buy a new TV that makes X-Box games worth it? And, I have a wireless connection upstairs, how much does it cost/how reliable is it to get a wireless connection to x-box live?

The last time I played D2 I started playing with a friend over christmas break last year. I made a summonmancer on hardcore and got him to like 83 in two days. I was at his house when I started Hell difficulty and his sister was watching TV. Somehow I we were joking around and I called her a whore and she kicked me in the balls while I was laying on my stomach on the floor. I like wreathed in pain for 10 minutes before I looked up to see that I got owned by shit right outside of the Rogue Camp in Act I while my balls were suffering.Then I restarted and remade my dude to level 63 or something, and went to take a shower while I was in NM Act 4 and for some reason decided I should just leave my character in the wastes while I went to shower. I came back and had been killed by like 2 spectres.Since then I have not played D2, hardcore or otherwise.
I have no interesting stories like that, only mf'ing for countless hours, trading for duped high runes, and getting a 20/18/10 anni on my first ever D-clone. God, I wasted so much time playing Diablo 2 - probably more than the life expectancy of Swaziland.
It feels like I'm intruding into a much deeper discussion here, but anyone else love Pro Evo Soccer/FIFA?
My nephew just got Fifa '09 for the Wii, I'm not a hardcore footy fan but I would say that if there was a reason why I would ever buy a Wii it'd be so I could play Fifa and Mario Kart.
Seeing as we're on the subject...My current TV is really terrible, how much will I be looking at to buy a new TV that makes X-Box games worth it? And, I have a wireless connection upstairs, how much does it cost/how reliable is it to get a wireless connection to x-box live?
Flat panel LCD's have come down A LOT in price lately. I'm thinking of dumping my TV for a 400 dollarish flat panel after christmas. They're so sick.The wireless live connector is something like 75-100 dollar but I think that is likely to come down around or following the holidays. You can probably get one fairly inexpensive currently on Ebay.
Is it the one where you follow the aliens into the ruins and have to kill the kings of the rival aliens? I think thats the last unlockable level.
I think I might be referring to the Challenge levels. If there were 50 of them, it was somewhere in the 40's.Also, Total Annihilation was far superior to Starcraft.
I think I might be referring to the Challenge levels. If there were 50 of them, it was somewhere in the 40's.Also, Total Annihilation was far superior to Starcraft.
If that's true, then why is Starcraft still being sold like a decade and a half after its initial release? :club: