Awesome session for me:Starter:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($7.75)SB ($52.85)BB ($50)UTG ($32.05)UTG+1 ($55.35)MP1 ($40.50)MP2 ($18.50)MP3 ($23.65)Hero ($54.25)Preflop: Hero is CO with :icon_clap::D2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75.Flop: ($4.10) :3h:4h:icon_clap:(4 players)BB checks, MP1 bets $1.5, Hero raises to $8.6, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 raises to $17.2, Hero raises to $61.85 (All-In), MP1 calls $23.80 (All-In).MP1 has :D:qh (flush, ace high). Hero has :icon_clap::qh (flush, king high). F*** I is drawing deadTurn: ($86.10) :icon_clap:(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($86.10) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $86.10Mike Bauer against the shorties 2:7I am on borderline Tilt and then the following happens....I almost knew this was going to be a flush draw and prepared my self to cry....Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($1.60)SB ($10.80)BB ($49.75)Hero ($103.65)UTG+1 ($49.65)MP1 ($62.45)MP2 ($52.70)MP3 ($50)CO ($64.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :club: , A :ts . Hero raises to $1.1, 1 fold, MP1 calls $1.10, 6 folds.Flop: ($2.55) :icon_clap:, :icon_clap: , :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets $2, MP1 calls $2.Turn: ($6.55) :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets $5, MP1 raises to $10, Hero raises to $105.55 (All-In), MP1 calls $49.35 (All-In).Hero has shows :icon_clap::5c (three of a kind, aces). MP1 shows: :D:icon_clap: (two pair, aces and jacks). River: ($125.25) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $125.25Awe-som-o I can hold up at least as a 100% favourite... yes yes y'allI stop and and the session with a daily plus.... yes... i know... awfully results oriented.Simo, thanks for your offer to go through my preflop stats... but currently I think they are good.I still need to get used to people calling me down light.I think I am slooooooooooooooooooooowly getting there :-IThe games on FullTilt are softer than on stars though :-I (so it's hard to tell if I am getting better or the others just suck)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome session for me:Starter:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($7.75)SB ($52.85)BB ($50)UTG ($32.05)UTG+1 ($55.35)MP1 ($40.50)MP2 ($18.50)MP3 ($23.65)Hero ($54.25)Preflop: Hero is CO with :icon_clap::D2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75.Flop: ($4.10) :3h:4h:icon_clap:(4 players)BB checks, MP1 bets $1.5, Hero raises to $8.6, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 raises to $17.2, Hero raises to $61.85 (All-In), MP1 calls $23.80 (All-In).MP1 has :D:qh (flush, ace high). Hero has :icon_clap::qh (flush, king high). F*** I is drawing deadTurn: ($86.10) :icon_clap:(2 players, 2 all-in)River: ($86.10) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $86.10Mike Bauer against the shorties 2:7I am on borderline Tilt and then the following happens....I almost knew this was going to be a flush draw and prepared my self to cry....Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($1.60)SB ($10.80)BB ($49.75)Hero ($103.65)UTG+1 ($49.65)MP1 ($62.45)MP2 ($52.70)MP3 ($50)CO ($64.30)Preflop: Hero is UTG with A :club: , A :ts . Hero raises to $1.1, 1 fold, MP1 calls $1.10, 6 folds.Flop: ($2.55) :icon_clap:, :icon_clap: , :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets $2, MP1 calls $2.Turn: ($6.55) :icon_clap:(2 players)Hero bets $5, MP1 raises to $10, Hero raises to $105.55 (All-In), MP1 calls $49.35 (All-In).Hero has shows :icon_clap::5c (three of a kind, aces). MP1 shows: :D:icon_clap: (two pair, aces and jacks). River: ($125.25) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $125.25Awe-som-o I can hold up at least as a 100% favourite... yes yes y'allI stop and and the session with a daily plus.... yes... i know... awfully results oriented.Simo, thanks for your offer to go through my preflop stats... but currently I think they are good.I still need to get used to people calling me down light.I think I am slooooooooooooooooooooowly getting there :-IThe games on FullTilt are softer than on stars though :-I (so it's hard to tell if I am getting better or the others just suck)
LOL.
Preflop: Hero is CO with :qh:5c2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75.Flop: ($4.10) :4h:D:icon_clap:(4 players)BB checks, MP1 bets $1.5, Hero raises to $8.6, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 raises to $17.2, Hero raises to $61.85 (All-In), MP1 calls $23.80 (All-In).MP1 has :club::3h (flush, ace high). Hero has :D :D (flush, king high). F*** I is drawing dead
You're not drawing dead. That :ts or :D could peel off and you'd have 2 outs on the river. But yes, you do only have .3% equity. (On the other hand, if it was the :D on the flop instead of the :icon_clap:, you'd only be .2%...and if he had the :qh, you'd be down to .1%.)

Anyone else 3bet there with 78dd? Maybe just cuz I play aggro 6 max, but I prefer 3betting here to widen my 3bet range, build a pot that's big for when I do win, and to pick up more small pots. I very rarely call in position unless I have my villain on a very tight range and we are both very deep.I know that's stylistic, but I think you have to be a much superior player to play optimally other ways.

Anyone else 3bet there with 78dd? Maybe just cuz I play aggro 6 max, but I prefer 3betting here to widen my 3bet range, build a pot that's big for when I do win, and to pick up more small pots. I very rarely call in position unless I have my villain on a very tight range and we are both very deep.I know that's stylistic, but I think you have to be a much superior player to play optimally other ways.
i don't 3-bet it too much FR, honestly i typically would fold it if stacks are pretty deep. my 6M metality says raise pf as well though.

Quick question guys:Is there a way to replay all the hands from a session in succession in PT3? I know how to replay individual hands but not entire sessions at a time. There obviously has to be a way to do it.

Quick question guys:Is there a way to replay all the hands from a session in succession in PT3? I know how to replay individual hands but not entire sessions at a time. There obviously has to be a way to do it.
Yes, there is a way. There's a small arrow in the corner somewhere which you can press.I think it's pretty awkward tbh, but that's probably because I'm used to PokerEV which I found to be much more intuitive (double click on anything and the replayer opens with those hands loaded).
I think it's a bit spewy at FR, 6-max it's probably fine though at $50NL< I wouldn't do it too often. Acctualy that brings up a question i have-6-max assume 100bb stacks.UTG/MP/CO raises 3.5x, folds to you OTB, you have 56-JTs, what's your play against each raiser?
Yes, there is a way. There's a small arrow in the corner somewhere which you can press.I think it's pretty awkward tbh, but that's probably because I'm used to PokerEV which I found to be much more intuitive (double click on anything and the replayer opens with those hands loaded).
Are you involved in the development of PokerEV in some way? :ts Also, thanks, found it. They need to make the button bigger for the visually impaired! :club:
The cardplayer hand replayer is pretty good, if you have an account.

Other than that, do we like getting it in here?I forced him to play correctly here, which is bad bad bad.... I know. What range would you assume here for him to re-raise me? AdKx? KK,99, AdAx?

MP1 ($40.50)Hero ($54.25)Preflop: Hero is CO with :D :D2 folds, MP1 raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, 1 fold, BB calls $0.75.Flop: ($4.10) :D:ts:D(4 players)BB checks, MP1 bets $1.5, Hero raises to $8.6, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 raises to $17.2, Hero raises to $61.85 (All-In), MP1 calls $23.80 (All-In).MP1 has :club::5c (flush, ace high). Hero has :3h:4h (flush, king high).
Are you involved in the development of PokerEV in some way? :club:
Absolutely nothing to do with it. I am 100% impartial, and I prefer PEV purely on merit.It appears I do have influence over it though. I made a post on 2p2 assessing the various merits of PEV/HEM/PT3, and I said that I preferred the graphics and layout of PT3 to PEV.I was surprised to see that Phil made a thread in the PEV forum a day or two later with a new layout/interface, and asking for advice on improvements to it.
6-max assume 100bb stacks.UTG/MP/CO raises 3.5x, folds to you OTB, you have 56-JTs, what's your play against each raiser?
3-bet/Call/Fold (With 3-betting usually weighted to the higher ones obviously)CO: 75/15/10MP: 60/25/15UTG: 35/35/30It's villain dependent obviously, but I'm 3-betting a CO open with JT or T9 almost every time, and I'm regularly 3-betting 56 as well.That's very rough, but I'd say it's probably fairly close. I'll be able to tell you those figures exactly when PEV is released.
Other than that, do we like getting it in here?I forced him to play correctly here, which is bad bad bad.... I know. What range would you assume here for him to re-raise me? AdKx? KK,99, AdAx?
If I'm playing well I fold when he makes it $17.2.

I love poker sometimes.I raise TT on the button, get minreraised by the BB, I call. Flop J55, he open instashoves for >6xpot, I snapfold, he shows AA.I just want to know what kind of thought process there is in that.

I love poker sometimes.I raise TT on the button, get minreraised by the BB, I call. Flop J55, he open instashoves for >6xpot, I snapfold, he shows AA.I just want to know what kind of thought process there is in that.
Sound's like a tourney player?I realize ISAP. (Which is probably essential to improve) but whenever stars would shut down servers for maintenance and cancel tourneys a few hours in advance, even I noticed the wildest kind of bad plays on the micro-stakes.He prolly figured you would call with AK anyway...

1. Use calculus to show that there is a maximum point at x=3 on the curve y=9x^2-2x^3 and find the co-ordinates of this point.2. The gradient function of a curce is given by dy/dx=a+bx. Find the values of a and b and the eqution of thge curve given that it passes through the points (0,2) (1,8) and (-1,2).3. In a large batch of glasses, 14% are defective. From this batch 8 are selected at random. Calculate which is more likelyA) None of the glasses is defectiveB) At least two of the glasses are defective4. The function f(x) is defined by f(x)=x^3-4x^2+5x-2A) Find the remainder when f(x) is divided by (x+2)B) Show that (x-1) is a factor of f(x)C) Hence solve the equation f(x)=0I'm so screwed.

1. Use calculus to show that there is a maximum point at x=3 on the curve y=9x^2-2x^3 and find the co-ordinates of this point.2. The gradient function of a curce is given by dy/dx=a+bx. Find the values of a and b and the eqution of thge curve given that it passes through the points (0,2) (1,8) and (-1,2).3. In a large batch of glasses, 14% are defective. From this batch 8 are selected at random. Calculate which is more likelyA) None of the glasses is defectiveB) At least two of the glasses are defective4. The function f(x) is defined by f(x)=x^3-4x^2+5x-2A) Find the remainder when f(x) is divided by (x+2)B) Show that (x-1) is a factor of f(x)C) Hence solve the equation f(x)=0I'm so screwed.
Those questions look fun.I guess the "math guy" part of me will never leave.
1. Use calculus to show that there is a maximum point at x=3 on the curve y=9x^2-2x^3 and find the co-ordinates of this point.2. The gradient function of a curce is given by dy/dx=a+bx. Find the values of a and b and the eqution of thge curve given that it passes through the points (0,2) (1,8) and (-1,2).3. In a large batch of glasses, 14% are defective. From this batch 8 are selected at random. Calculate which is more likelyA) None of the glasses is defectiveB) At least two of the glasses are defective4. The function f(x) is defined by f(x)=x^3-4x^2+5x-2A) Find the remainder when f(x) is divided by (x-2)B) Show that (x-1) is a factor of f(x)C) Hence solve the equation f(x)=0I'm so screwed.
FYPAt least I am assuming that becuase x=2 is a solution of f(x), x=-2 isn't, so when you divide by (x-2) you'll get something with no remainder, namely.f(x)/(x - 2) = (x^2 - 2x + 1)You can then factor by (x - 1)f(x)/((x - 2)*(x-1)) = (x - 1)Therefore you have a double solution at x=1 and a simple solution at x=2.Seriously, none of those questions is difficult.

I'm looking to get a desktop computer for improved poker playing. I know nothing about computers. What do I need for GB memory and GB hard drive? I would also probably use this computer for teaching, so I'll just have a lot of word documents and possible power points on the comp too. Other than that I want something that will allow me to use HUD, PT, and ~8 table without it slowing down much. Currently on my laptop my hud freezes with more than 1 table.I'm not looking to spend more than $7-800, the cheaper the better. I have a flat screen monitor already, so I just need the desktop. Any help would be huge.