Get out of here, a rule is a rule, and his head was turned to the ball... what is he going to do, run away from the receiver when it's an over the shoulder pass? That ball wasn't even catchable anyway. Both the turnover that never was, and that PI call, the refs CLOSEST to the play called it in the packers favor... then some dumbass ref from miles away either overrules him or blew the play dead early...
His head being turned doesn't matter, that has nothing to do with the rule. Williams OBVIOUSLY pushes him before he sticks his legs get tangled, even though he tries to make it look subtle, look at the replay, that was interference. The ball was obviously catchable, that's just a downright stupid thing to say. Closest ref doesn't always have the best view, so that doesn't matter at all. The closest ref did not see the shove that Williams gave Austin on the play because it was on Hurds opposite side of his body.
Farve died before the cowboys took him out. Even when he was "hit as he threw" for those bombs that got picked... he was throwing balls he shouldn't have...
What does that have to do with anything? So Favre was playing bad, and that takes away from the Cowboys beating them? That's not an argument. He's your starting QB, all I've heard for the last week is how great Favre is and how he's going to show Romo up. Great job.
Oh, and we were missing 2 probowl players :club:
We've been missing Terry Glenn all season, what if he played? It doesn't matter, he didn't so that has nothing to do with the outcome. They had all week to make adjustments for their players being out, and they didn't make very good ones.How about how the Cowboys didn't complain all year when Terence Newman and Anthony Henry were out on and off? Or how we lost our Nose tackle the first game of the season. Or Greg Ellis? God, we've had more injuries all year than the Pack have, but we're still 11-1. No crying in Football.
But that's ok, be like a Pat's fan acting like a missing Marvin Harrison wasn't a big deal.The only thing that was impressive about the cowboys that game was their pass protection.
The only thing? Are you kidding? Romo threw 4 TDs, should have been 5. TO terrorized the Packers defense all day. Our pass rush wrecked the Packers O-line, and our secondary was good until Rodgers came in, who they knew nothing about. Once again, we were missing our best WR from last year, and have been all year. Teams make adjustments. Did you know that Patrick Crayton was a 7th round pick only a few years ago? Now he's a start in one of the best offenses in the league.
Bush is the worst cornerback in the NFL and needs to be fired or moved to punt return.
Ok. Then why is he playing? Once again, not Dallas Cowboys problem.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

His head being turned towards the ball, does indeed matter. That's what indicental contact is about. And if you're going to call that tap on the shoulder a grab then ooooooh there was a lot of other stuff that should have been called.Farve had a terrible game, and the cowboy's still managed to give up 27 pointsMissing Terry Glenn all season gives a team room to adjust. Missing your best cornerback in place for garbage, and a great pass rusher (against a solid O line) requires adjustment. It's not something that can be done in 1 week.Quarterbacks with all the time in the world to throw aren't outstanding players. Brady and Romo are overrated, and, as always with any team, their protection is ignored because they're the ones throwing the ball. All they have to do is not make a bad throw, they don't have to do anything spectacular. Hell, I remember when Donovan McNabb looked like a good quarterback because of great protection and TO :club: All they did was send TO in motion, got Al Harris to check off of him, and throw to him, and if he wasn't open, they'd throw to anybody who garbage ass Bush was covering... and he had like 10 seconds to make every throw because GB wasn't blitzing (which is sooo horrific because they needed to make that adjustment for the loss of KGB).That was their entire game plan, and it exploited the fact that Woodson was out.... It did work...along with some close calls that went their way.So no, I"m not ready to give the Cowboys serious props. They'd be a 10-6 team in the AFC at BEST (and yes, so would GB).The only thing I'm ready to conclude about that game is Green Bay's defensive coordinating needs an ishload of adjustment

His head being turned towards the ball, does indeed matter. That's what indicental contact is about. And if you're going to call that tap on the shoulder a grab then ooooooh there was a lot of other stuff that should have been called.Farve had a terrible game, and the cowboy's still managed to give up 27 pointsMissing Terry Glenn all season gives a team room to adjust. Missing your best cornerback in place for garbage, and a great pass rusher (against a solid O line) requires adjustment. It's not something that can be done in 1 week.Quarterbacks with all the time in the world to throw aren't outstanding players. Brady and Romo are overrated, and, as always with any team, their protection is ignored because they're the ones throwing the ball. All they have to do is not make a bad throw, they don't have to do anything spectacular. Hell, I remember when Donovan McNabb looked like a good quarterback because of great protection and TO :club: All they did was send TO in motion, got Al Harris to check off of him, and throw to him, and if he wasn't open, they'd throw to anybody who garbage ass Bush was covering... and he had like 10 seconds to make every throw because GB wasn't blitzing (which is sooo horrific because they needed to make that adjustment for the loss of KGB).That was their entire game plan, and it exploited the fact that Woodson was out.... It did work...along with some close calls that went their way.So no, I"m not ready to give the Cowboys serious props. They'd be a 10-6 team in the AFC at BEST (and yes, so would GB).The only thing I'm ready to conclude about that game is Green Bay's defensive coordinating needs an ishload of adjustment
Are you serious? Brady and Romo are overrated? Is Peyton Manning overrated, he has good protection? Was Dan Marino overrated? I don't get it. Is that a joke? So by your standards every good QB in history was overrated, what makes them good then?I do agree with you that Green Bay needed to make adjustments, but that's what seperates great teams from just good teams. The Cowboys lost T-New for the first big game against the Giants, and Burress shredded us, but we won. Then we lost the league leader in INT's for 3 weeks, which included the Patriots game, but no one is going to give us that game back because we didn't have one of our Corners. No one said, "Well, the Cowboys were operating with a non 100 percent T-New and without their other corner Henry, so the cowboys should be cut slack." Nope, all the media and everyone else said were, "WOW THE COWBOYS AREN'T ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE PATRIOTS." But now the media is all over how the Packers didn't have their best players so that's why they lost. There is no excuses. Plug people in. If their backup corners suck so much, why are they on the team?
That was their entire game plan, and it exploited the fact that Woodson was out.... It did work...along with some close calls that went their way.
Well, you can say that, and I can say that the Cowboys game planned for Favre, so when he went out, you would expect Aaron Rodgers to have a good day. He's been sitting behind a legend learning for 3 years.
So no, I"m not ready to give the Cowboys serious props. They'd be a 10-6 team in the AFC at BEST (and yes, so would GB).
The Cowboys are the second best team in the league. Not the NFC, the league. We've played big games all season, but never get props. I don't know what they have to do. I think there are just a lot of haters out there.
This post makes me smile, as it seems I was starting to get a clue about 2005.On Feb 17 2005, 8:43 pm, bigdavexno_meatlike_products_ple...@yahoo.com (David Nicoson) wrote:NLH, 10 players, cash. Deep stacks.Sit down, fold to a raise on the big blind.Next hand, UTG raises pot.A player in middle position calls.You have AQo in the small blind.How would you play this and why?Not knowing the other players, I fold here. I expect UTG to have AK,AQ, or a pair. The caller most likely has a small or medium pair, butalso perhaps a high suited connector. It seems to me that I'mdominated by a lot of hands and a coin flip to a lot of hands. AndI'm playing out of position.I've asked four people about this hand. Three said call and one saidraise. Maybe I'm a wimp?
This post makes me smile, as it seems I was starting to get a clue about 2005.On Feb 17 2005, 8:43 pm, bigdavexno_meatlike_products_ple...@yahoo.com (David Nicoson) wrote:NLH, 10 players, cash. Deep stacks.Sit down, fold to a raise on the big blind.Next hand, UTG raises pot.A player in middle position calls.You have AQo in the small blind.How would you play this and why?Not knowing the other players, I fold here. I expect UTG to have AK,AQ, or a pair. The caller most likely has a small or medium pair, butalso perhaps a high suited connector. It seems to me that I'mdominated by a lot of hands and a coin flip to a lot of hands. AndI'm playing out of position.I've asked four people about this hand. Three said call and one saidraise. Maybe I'm a wimp?
Still a tough question today! I think if I have no read on table and I just started my session folding is never a bad option. I think for me it goes Fold>Raise>>>Call. None of the options are horrible, IMO.
This post makes me smile, as it seems I was starting to get a clue about 2005.
"20. Texas_pokermaniac View profile More options Feb 18 2005, 3:52 pmOn Feb 18 2005 10:42 AM, ChrisBrown wrote: - Show quoted text -PM RAISE BUDDY RAISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 In this situation you are going to have to make a small raise and get the caller to folder and maybe the raiser too. You can't be timid in this game. You have a good hand to play from here. Doyle suggest this and so does floporraise.com. Try it and see what the pros recommend. You will start winning more often if you learn to make these small raises to thin the field instead of looking for chances to fold. I play strickly NL Cash and Tourneys and would never folded this hand in SB/BB unless facing a big raise. Since I learned this I now have a Pokerbankroll with and tAM card to draw from and I am willing consistently in both cash games and torunaments. I won 1/2nd in 4 tournaments in OCtober at Harrah's and my last NL cash game there netted me $1100 for a $100-$300 limit buyin. Get Doyles SSII and read his section on NL and stop looking for reasons to fold. If you don't mix it up you are going nowhere in then NL games. In that case go back to limit. Just my opinion of course. Look it up adn you'll see I'm correct. Pokermaniac"ZACH PLEASE STICKY THE ABOVE! HE HAS AN ATM CARD!
Eagles lose again? Yes, I'm asking... between poker and my kid locking down my TV with the Wii I haven't seen any football today.
28-24 Seahawks. Feeley played horrible with 3 picks. It wouldn't have been so bad, but Westbrook returned a punt 64 yards with 1 minute left in the game to put them on like the 13 yard line. Otherwise the game was basically over, so he had to get us close to ultimately toy with my emotions. Feeley obv did the job with his third int to Lofa Tatupa (that is all three picked by Tatupa, ew!)
28-24 Seahawks. Feeley played horrible with 3 picks. It wouldn't have been so bad, but Westbrook returned a punt 64 yards with 1 minute left in the game to put them on like the 13 yard line. Otherwise the game was basically over, so he had to get us close to ultimately toy with my emotions. Feeley obv did the job with his third int to Lofa Tatupa (that is all three picked by Tatupa, ew!)
That last one to Tatupu was pretty terrible. I just don't know how you don't see the guy who you've already thrown two picks to already in the game across the middle of the field.

Jumping in here to shake things up a bit ;)Colts 100% healthy are easily 2nd best team in the league. In fact, with Marvin Harrison, Colts would've blown out the Patriots with how good the defense was playing.Brady scores 2 touchdowns in the last 9 minutes. That's it. Think of what Manning would've been able to do all game if Harrison had been healthy.But now Dwight Freeney's gone, too... And they still play championship football. No excuses for the San Diego game, though.okDiscuss.

Jumping in here to shake things up a bit ;)Colts 100% healthy are easily 2nd best team in the league. In fact, with Marvin Harrison, Colts would've blown out the Patriots with how good the defense was playing.Brady scores 2 touchdowns in the last 9 minutes. That's it. Think of what Manning would've been able to do all game if Harrison had been healthy.But now Dwight Freeney's gone, too... And they still play championship football. No excuses for the San Diego game, though.okDiscuss.
Cowboys are more impressive each week. And I hate the Cowboys since I am a Giants fan. I still think they're better than the Colts.
Cowboys are more impressive each week. And I hate the Cowboys since I am a Giants fan. I still think they're better than the Colts.
YEAH?!well...urongso there
I think the offensive line coming back will have more impact than Harrison. The defense looks a lot better than last year at this time (when Sanders was out). Addai is playing great. I think they could repeat, especially if teams keep trying to throw against them.

Jmkiser, your avatar seriously cracked me up. Okay, the Colts do this every year. They start out strong, look unbeatable, get beat, lose consecutive games, what's wrong with the Colts?, bounce back and play like a contender going into the playoffs. Why is that? I don't know, but my leading theory is that Peyton Manning is an annoying horse-faced hick. I do know this. The Colts took out the whupping stick and laid it on the Bucs earlier this year and no one else has come even close to doing that. They were definitely head and shoulders above Tampa that game and I think the Bucs can hang with most of the teams in the NFL. That said, even though they kept it close with New England, I never really felt like the Patriots were using everything in their arsenal to win that game. I mean, they didn't even throw deep to Moss until late in the fourth quarter. How strange is that? It felt like one of those games where they didn't want to reveal too much to a likely playoff opponent.If I had to rate the teams right now, I'd probably put Dallas at #2 and Indy at #3, but I don't know that I'd pick Dallas if they played each other. I'm not sure that given time to prepare, Wade Phillips can hold his own against Tony Dungy (or Evil Bill, for that matter). Romo, though, is amazing. How does he go undrafted? What'd you all think of that pass to Winslow? I think they made absolutely the wrong call and the Browns should've won that game.Edit 3: Also, I feel bad for any Saints fan. How horrendous was that play call at the end of the game?Edit 1: I hate college football. I've decided that this year. I think the whole system is stupid. I hate that you can wait all year for it and then watch your team lose in week one and your season is essentially over (except for this year). I hate that they pretend like anyone that has national title hopes gives a crap about their conference championship as anything other than a stepping stone. Does anyone really believe that a team like USC cares about winning their conference? That their fans care about winning it? It's a letdown unless it's a prelude to the national title. The only teams that care about their conferences are smaller schools that have no shot at the big game or teams that are turning it around. Like, my mighty Knights of UCF...winning the Conference USA was a big deal. But if we ever become a national powerhouse, will we care about that? Of course not. College football only exists as a betting source.Edit 2: Also, it doesn't help that my least favorite team (Ohio State) is playing the team that least deserves to be there (LSU) with the most overrated, awful coach (Les Miles).On an unrelated note, Zach, please post your really awesome limit hand from yesterday. I know minbet poker is lame, but seriously, it is fantastic.

Naismith wanted me to post this hand:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$102 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with :D:)Hero raises, BB calls.Flop: :D :D :) (4SB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.Turn: :club: (4BB, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.River: :D (6BB, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Results:Final pot: 6BBBB Shows 8c 4h