Honestly I don't understand all the shouting in the thread though, it's wasted. Royal is very stubborn in his approach to poker and IMO it's not likely he is going to say "Wow, I was wrong, great point Acid." And anyone that is reading it can see that what he's saying doesn't make sense.No need to fight about it. One thing that is very impressive to me is that he has found a game that he can be quite profitable in and he takes advantage of that. That's good for him and kind of a good reason to play - to make money.I know we have both stated (this is directed at Acid Knight)we play for the challenge and competition, it doesn't seem to be the case with him. He plays to find easy games and make money, which is a great goal (and probably the correct goal) to have.What does bother me is that because of this success against very poor players he has a false sense of ability. I guess it's kind of natural though when you've had a lot of success against the players you face day in and day out.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we have both stated (this is directed at Acid Knight)we play for the challenge and competition, it doesn't seem to be the case with him.
Hey, I like money too!All good points.
So I typed Santa rape into google and look what I found.Ultimate Warrior had a comic book. I found this in his wiki page.Comic bookBeginning in May 1996, Warrior began writing with Jim Callahan and The Sharp Brothers illustrating a comic book entitled ‎WARRIOR, featuring himself as the main character. The comics sold well in the first two months of their distribution, before sales plummeted and the comic was taken out of circulation in early 1997. The initial success of the comic and its ultimate failure are often attributed to the same things.
Did you know that the guy actually legally changed his name to "Warrior"? He's a freak.
Honestly I don't understand all the shouting in the thread though, it's wasted. Royal is very stubborn in his approach to poker and IMO it's not likely he is going to say "Wow, I was wrong, great point Acid." And anyone that is reading it can see that what he's saying doesn't make sense.No need to fight about it. One thing that is very impressive to me is that he has found a game that he can be quite profitable in and he takes advantage of that. That's good for him and kind of a good reason to play - to make money.I know we have both stated (this is directed at Acid Knight)we play for the challenge and competition, it doesn't seem to be the case with him. He plays to find easy games and make money, which is a great goal (and probably the correct goal) to have.What does bother me is that because of this success against very poor players he has a false sense of ability. I guess it's kind of natural though when you've had a lot of success against the players you face day in and day out.
This happens to a lot of players, btw. I think it is a faze in a poker players life after playing with the same people for awhile. I went through it, until I lost 500 dollars playing above my head at Turningstone, (even though those players are worse than the one's I play with regularly) which coincidentally was about my networth at the time. Now several of the other players in my little poker circle are going through it, and it is a bit annoying. Too bad royal never checks the IBAW thread (because he's not cool), it gives you guys a place to bash him in private :club:
Too bad royal never checks the IBAW thread (because he's not cool), it gives you guys a place to bash him in private :club:
That's what I was worried about with my post. I don't think it's cool to just bash a regular poster from nl strat cuz he's brash. So I hope I didn't come off that way, but I'm sure it wasn't the most positive thing.I agree a lot of players get into a phase of thinking they know a lot and are great. Then you talk to people better than you and you play with smart people and you realize you're not that good and you just can beat up on really dumb players or people slightly below your curve.Like I don't think I'm a very good thinking player at all. I think I play pretty soundly against a robot but against a strong thinking opponent I don't think I have a significant edge or anything. Just takes time and patience.Thinking that you are smarter than everyone and not being able to criticize your own play to a tee is horrible. You'll never have a satisfying poker career if you eternally think you run bad when you are losing and that you are always making smart plays.Meh, there's my rant. Just saying once you think you are good at poker, that's when you finally hit the tip of the poker iceburg and you start to see how many really fucking good players there are in the world.
Biggg burnnn. Also, making money is the reason most regular solid players play. I love the game and all but honestly I wouldn't be playing as much as I do if it was all for play money, and I'd rather sit at a table of donks then regs. Screw "challenging" myself.Speaking of money....biggest pot of the month: Shipppp. (other guy in this hand folded 55 lolol)FullTiltPoker Game #3420601290: Table Butternut (6 max) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:23:34 ET - 2007/08/31Seat 1: cudd517 ($2,869)Seat 2: life-on-mars ($2,115.50)Seat 3: DaEvils ($2,788)Seat 4: dwballz ($2,864)Seat 5: tehdrunky ($2,017)Seat 6: jay92175 ($1,661.50)jay92175 posts the small blind of $10cudd517 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to cudd517 [9h Th]life-on-mars foldsDaEvils raises to $70dwballz has 15 seconds left to actdwballz is sitting outdwballz has timed outdwballz foldsdwballz has returnedtehdrunky calls $70jay92175 calls $60cudd517 calls $50*** FLOP *** [8h 5h 2h]jay92175 checkscudd517 bets $140life-on-mars has been disconnectedDaEvils foldstehdrunky raises to $460life-on-mars has reconnectedjay92175 calls $460cudd517 raises to $2,799, and is all intehdrunky calls $1,487, and is all injay92175 has 15 seconds left to actjay92175: flush???jay92175 has requested TIMEjay92175: !%ing setjay92175 is sitting outjay92175 has timed outjay92175 foldscudd517 shows [9h Th]tehdrunky shows [4h 6h]Uncalled bet of $852 returned to cudd517*** TURN *** [8h 5h 2h] [Qd]*** RIVER *** [8h 5h 2h Qd] [5c]cudd517 shows a flush, Ten hightehdrunky shows a flush, Eight highcudd517 wins the pot ($4,631) with a flush, Ten highcudd517: wowtehdrunky is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $4,634 | Rake $3Board: [8h 5h 2h Qd 5c]Seat 1: cudd517 (big blind) showed [9h Th] and won ($4,631) with a flush, Ten highSeat 2: life-on-mars didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: DaEvils folded on the FlopSeat 4: dwballz didn't bet (folded)Seat 5: tehdrunky (button) showed [4h 6h] and lost with a flush, Eight highSeat 6: jay92175 (small blind) folded on the Flop
Biggg burnnn. Also, making money is the reason most regular solid players play. I love the game and all but honestly I wouldn't be playing as much as I do if it was all for play money, and I'd rather sit at a table of donks then regs. Screw "challenging" myself.
First off, nh!I really didn't think it was a big burn when I wrote it, oh well. I just think people can get an inflated ego when they are the best player that they know or play against, it's natural, like I said. I think that most of us are probably the best player that we know personally, so it's tough to stay grounded.Obviously I wouldn't play for play money. But I play more for the enjoyment of playing against skilled players than I do for picking off weak targets. That just isn't fulfilling for me anymore. It's like a video game to me, when you can beat a level it's not very fun playing it over and over again, you want to beat the next level.That's how it is for me anyways, but I'm not out on my own and using this for grocery money, just tuition money and that's easy come easy go. I bet once I am in my career that I will care much more about supplementing my income and will find other ways to let my competitive juices flow.
I hate the pokerPoker makes me really madDie poker, please die
First I had the boomNow they come gives me the doomFour K in ten min.(I will never slowplay AA p-flop again, ever)FullTiltPoker Game #3423449924: Table Larson (6 max) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:44:40 ET - 2007/08/31Seat 1: DrunkPPlaya ($2,004)Seat 2: Keystone_Co ($2,107)Seat 3: UR Chips ($1,368.50)Seat 4: cudd517 ($1,990)Seat 5: tehdrunky ($2,651)Seat 6: Mr Braski ($3,641)Mr Braski posts the small blind of $10DrunkPPlaya posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #5*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to cudd517 [Ac Ah]Keystone_Co foldsUR Chips raises to $70cudd517 calls $70tehdrunky foldsMr Braski has 15 seconds left to actMr Braski calls $60DrunkPPlaya folds*** FLOP *** [4s 6h 2h]Mr Braski checksUR Chips has 15 seconds left to actUR Chips checkscudd517 bets $150Mr Braski has 15 seconds left to actMr Braski raises to $450UR Chips foldscudd517 calls $300*** TURN *** [4s 6h 2h] [8d]Mr Braski has 15 seconds left to actMr Braski bets $960cudd517 raises to $1,470, and is all inMr Braski calls $510cudd517 shows [Ac Ah]Mr Braski shows [6s 5s]*** RIVER *** [4s 6h 2h 8d] [3d]cudd517 shows a pair of AcesMr Braski shows a straight, Six highMr Braski wins the pot ($4,067) with a straight, Six highKeystone_Co has been disconnectedcudd517 is sitting outKeystone_Co has reconnected*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $4,070 | Rake $3Board: [4s 6h 2h 8d 3d]Seat 1: DrunkPPlaya (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: Keystone_Co didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: UR Chips folded on the FlopSeat 4: cudd517 showed [Ac Ah] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 5: tehdrunky (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: Mr Braski (small blind) showed [6s 5s] and won ($4,067) with a straight, Six highOH HAI HE THINKS IM ON A SQUEEZE LOLOLOL TIME TO DYE!!!OH NOZ!! WIAT! NOT ANOTHER HEA....@%!&&@*!&FullTiltPoker Game #3423542558: Table Larson (6 max) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:54:04 ET - 2007/08/31Seat 1: DrunkPPlaya ($2,420)Seat 2: TheNogre ($493.50)Seat 3: UR Chips ($1,253.50)Seat 4: cudd517 ($2,030)Seat 5: tehdrunky ($2,554.50)Seat 6: Mr Braski ($5,608)UR Chips posts the small blind of $10cudd517 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to cudd517 [Ac As]tehdrunky raises to $70Mr Braski calls $70DrunkPPlaya foldsTheNogre foldsUR Chips foldscudd517 has 15 seconds left to actcudd517 raises to $240tehdrunky has 15 seconds left to acttehdrunky raises to $740Mr Braski foldscudd517 raises to $2,030, and is all intehdrunky calls $1,290cudd517 shows [Ac As]tehdrunky shows [Ks Kh]*** FLOP *** [Qh Ts 2h]*** TURN *** [Qh Ts 2h] [3h]*** RIVER *** [Qh Ts 2h 3h] [7h]cudd517 shows a pair of Acestehdrunky shows a flush, King hightehdrunky wins the pot ($4,137) with a flush, King highcudd517: omfgcudd517 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $4,140 | Rake $3Board: [Qh Ts 2h 3h 7h]Seat 1: DrunkPPlaya didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: TheNogre (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: UR Chips (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 4: cudd517 (big blind) showed [Ac As] and lost with a pair of AcesSeat 5: tehdrunky showed [Ks Kh] and won ($4,137) with a flush, King highSeat 6: Mr Braski folded before the Flop
I got 28. It was a 15 point game.
Nice win ;-), I'm sort of suprised that was the spread - they did, after all, win the Olympics two years ago.
First I had the boomNow they come gives me the doomFour K in ten min.
Maybe Lee Jones passed around my doomswitch and it's safe to get back on PokerStars now? No wait, that's just him trying to make me think I should go throw more money down the toliet. GTFO OF MY HEAD LEE JONES.
Didn't even know he played at tilt. What's his tilt name and what tourney was it?
LOL, that's because I have like $50 on FT and I was playing a 5 table $5 sng. You can hardly call that "playing"

Acid, do you share my online ineptiability? I can't play online poker for my life.And yet I just keep putting more and more on :club:

Acid, do you share my online ineptiability? I can't play online poker for my life.And yet I just keep putting more and more on :club:
Apparently you didn't read the rail call I made.He got 2nd at the FT. Does that smatter of ineptitude to you?Didn't think so.
I used to own people on PartyPoker. Now, I am much better at live poker.