Tourney Strat Challenge?

Full Tilt Poker Game #3278706104: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (25069912), Table 1 - 250/500 - No Limit Hold'em - 8:49:23 ET - 2007/08/17Seat 2: Simo123 (18,920)Seat 4: Kat QQ (8,080)Simo123 posts the small blind of 250Kat QQ posts the big blind of 500The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Simo123 [8c 8h]Simo123 calls 250Kat QQ checks*** FLOP *** [9h 9d 8s]Kat QQ bets 7,580, and is all inSimo123 calls 7,580Kat QQ shows [7s Td]Simo123 shows [8c 8h]*** TURN *** [9h 9d 8s] [5c]*** RIVER *** [9h 9d 8s 5c] [6d]Kat QQ shows a straight, Ten highSimo123 shows a full house, Eights full of NinesSimo123 wins the pot (16,160) with a full house, Eights full of NinesKat QQ stands upSimo123 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 16,160 | Rake 0Board: [9h 9d 8s 5c 6d]Seat 2: Simo123 (small blind) showed [8c 8h] and won (16,160) with a full house, Eights full of NinesSeat 4: Kat QQ (big blind) showed [7s Td] and lost with a straight, Ten highWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeUpdate:Played: 1Profit: $61
How did you make a profit of $61? I thought first was $45.----------------Ok, I'm gonna join in on this a little bit. My BR has dropped a little bit this past week, but I'm gonna try and bring it back up to $400 and then switch to the $10 SNGs. I like a nice little challenge anyway.----------------So I'm going to grind at the $5 SNGs Single table and/or MTT.I usually don't play until night after work though. I think this should be fun.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you make a profit of $61? I thought first was $45.----------------Ok, I'm gonna join in on this a little bit. My BR has dropped a little bit this past week, but I'm gonna try and bring it back up to $400 and then switch to the $10 SNGs. I like a nice little challenge anyway.
It was an 18man SnG.$72/$54/$36/$18 payout for a $10+1 buyin.

Not a good start for me, lost a $5 45 AK<KK against a lagtard and busted 10th in a $10 STT on a mildly bad beat with KK and took second in another $10 STT on a pretty disgusting beat for a total profit of: $-0.5

Ok, I'm doing a challenge with bdc30.Starting stats (damn those $1k HUs):sngchallengeyi6.jpguntitled2ih8.jpgOk, here's the challenge:250 sitngos of buyin $11+1 or less, be they 2, 6, 9, 18, 45, 90 or 180 player.Total profit at the end marks the winner, judged by Sharkscope results (there's a little bit of trust needed here, but we should be fine). If sharkscope misses a result then that's just tough luck with variance.Winner gets $45 shipped by the loser (payout for 1st in a $10 9man).Deadline is September 30th, although that is relatively flexible (it can shoot into October if necessary). If the 250 havent been played by 17th October (2 months time) then you lose the bet, no excuses, no exceptions. Unless it's a really really good excuse.I think that's about it.
quoted for completeness ;-)

Just jumping in to Prop my personal performance tracker. I use checkyourbets.com. It's free and web based, so I can use it at home, work, or on the road with my laptop. Just keeps the basics. Buyin, structure, rebuys, # of players, and cashout. Has some nice graphs to see how fatigue, time of day, day of week, etc. affect your numbers. If you want to do some real analysis, you can export to Excel.Right now it tells me that my hourly profit is slightly more than a chinese farmer.

Welcome to my fuking life. For the chiplead in the money of 9man...Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t400/t8003 playersConverterStack sizes:Button: t2800SB: t6770Hero: t3930Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with A :D 5 :club: Button folds, SB raises all-in t6770, Hero calls all-in t3130.Uncalled bets: t2840 returned to SB.Flop: 5 :) 3 :) 9 :D (t7860, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7860)Turn: 5 :D (t7860, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7860)River: K :D (t7860, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: t7860)Results:Final pot: t7860SB showed 5s KdHero showed As 5d

8/17/07I've played 3-$5.50 SNGsLost 1 18 man-out in 7th: -$5.503rd: +$3.503rd: +$3.50Total: +$1.50 :icon_frown:I guess I shouldn't be totally unhappy, it seems I've gotten out of my funk a little bit.Lost 3 in a row. played 2 of em bad. Got Counterfeited in another. -$16.50In 2 more right now.3rd: +3.501st: +$17In a 45 man SNG currently. LostIn a $5 one right now. Ok, lost, gotta stop playing drunk. lol: Another one: First place +$17

So sick, lost my last 5 STTs - 4th x 3, 5th and 6th - I have to review my bubble game I guess, those donks are making calls that make me pull out my hair...stats so far (yeah I have to hurry up a bit):tourneys played: 11buyins paid: $115.5net profit: $1.5I'm was feeling good about my game, but that was a sickening run right now...ETA: updated, took 3rd in my last STT for now, which I really should have won... it is so ****ing frustrating to be at a table full of morons and getting kicked in the face all the time...

Is there a better way to track my results for SNGs other than using officialpokerrankings.com? It seems they didn't track all my results from last night? How about PokerTracker? Although it seems that PokerTracker is kinda complicated to use, so is it possible if someone can help/teach me how to use it and what the stats mean?Thanx.

Does OPR do SNG's? I just bought pokertracker for myself last night, so I'm not much help for ya there. I messed with it for a couple hours last night and it was sensory overload. Looks like you really need to tweak it to your liking.Anyway, wish I would have hopped in this challenge. :club: I moved up a level in my SNG grinding yesterday and so far it's going great!recent.jpg

Does OPR do SNG's? I just bought pokertracker for myself last night, so I'm not much help for ya there. I messed with it for a couple hours last night and it was sensory overload. Looks like you really need to tweak it to your liking.Anyway, wish I would have hopped in this challenge. :D I moved up a level in my SNG grinding yesterday and so far it's going great!recent.jpg
Have you found it to be easy to use? I figure if you can figure it out then I should have Nooooo problem at all. :D:club: Just kidding!!. lolBy the way, decided to take a shot at the $10 at FTP, I know I can win but gawd it makes it difficult to be positive when you keep getting sucked out on. AQ<A10 all in on flop of AKQ-J turn. Then AA<AQ AIPF- AQ makes straight on river. The play is soooooo bad. If I win these 2 races I am most definitely up, as long as I make the money.
Have you found it to be easy to use? I figure if you can figure it out then I should have Nooooo problem at all. :D:club: Just kidding!!. lolBy the way, decided to take a shot at the $10 at FTP, I know I can win but gawd it makes it difficult to be positive when you keep getting sucked out on. AQ<A10 all in on flop of AKQ-J turn. Then AA<AQ AIPF- AQ makes straight on river. The play is soooooo bad. If I win these 2 races I am most definitely up, as long as I make the money.
It's not all that intuitive to me. I think my mistake was importing all my hand histories for that last 6 months. It brought in the HH of a 4500 person freeroll, now I have data coming out my ears. Overall it's interesting to see what hands are profitable for me..and which I need to laydown more. Position stats are nice too, apparently I'm a monster from the CO.My main goal for getting it was to use PokerHUD to overlay some stats on the table. The voluntarily put $ pot number is interesting. Really shows you who the calling stations are, who likes to limp vs raise, etc. (All stuff you should be noticing anyway...) I've yet to run into someone in a game that I have previous stats on, so I'm waiting for that to see if there is more benefit. Prolly the Nego Wednesday night to see some of that. (20th last week BTW...AA < KJo OBV.)

Bleh.Played 6 just now. Got to heads up with chip lead twice, lost both to weak/passive players who suddenly became aggrotards HU when I can't hit a pair. I don't even know if I won a pot in either HU.I raise button with A-X. Villain calls. Villain check-shoves 642 flop. I fold ace high. <----- Every time.Still ahead about $50 over the first 7. <--- Significant sample size.

I know im not officially in this challenge but I posted in the general strat goals thread of my desire to play 100sngs at the $5 dollar level as a way of just checkin to make sure I can even beat those. I started this last week. Ideally I wanted to have it done by the end of the month...though not sure I will. Im at about the halfway point with a 40% ROI right now. Ill say I think stars is much easier than ftp was.

Rut roh. Started very similar challenge on FTP. 3 sng's in and an 18% ROI!
haha...when I get to 100 sngs hopefully I will still be able to hold out to where I am at. The players are just miserable though which helps a lotSimo...I think that and maybe a lower blind structure leave more ability to play. I think there may be a few more levels in there (all the ante levels) that allow it to delay out on the all in fest to get rid of a few more people.