Business Week 100 Most Powerful People In Sports

Hey Guys,Business Week wants to know who you think are the most powerful people in sports and I of course believe poker belongs in this category. Daniel is one of the most influential players in our game and I think we should all rally to let others know about it.http://www.businessweek.com/table/07/power100nominations.htmCheersGov

iv seen the other threads but havent looked until joethepro linked it i was hoping for it to be some sort of new video on the life of a professional internet poker player :club: let down..
Poker is a sport?I shouldn't be fat then, should I?

Isn't this contest only a stone's throw away from "Who's Now"?Edit: I only assumed this because I saw this on the front page of ESPN.

michael jordanpeletiger woods yallbarry bondswayne DN???? doesn't fit in. There is a strong contingent of people wishing poker was a sport lol@that keep dreaming.

michael jordanpeletiger woods yallbarry bondswayne DN???? doesn't fit in. There is a strong contingent of people wishing poker was a sport lol@that keep dreaming.
Pele and Gretzky being influential in 2007 is more of a pipe dream than poker being recognized as a sport. ArnieTyGordieNamathWiltYou're old. Quit being so cranky.
Here is a brainbuster for ya.If poker isn't a sport then why is it on ESPN??
ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network. Poker falls into the entertainment category.
Here is a brainbuster for ya.If poker isn't a sport then why is it on ESPN??
entertainment?edit: too late
Pele and Gretzky being influential in 2007 is more of a pipe dream than poker being recognized as a sport. ArnieTyGordieNamathWiltYou're old. Quit being so cranky.
yeah your probably right about them two not being influential in sports right now. But calling poker a sport is like saying professional eaters are athletes.

I guess it brings up the point does a Sport have to be an athletic contest or can it be a contest of the mind ?If poker is a Sport Daniel still wouldn't be one of the most powerful in Sports but of course he is in poker.