One Jack, Two Jacks, Time To Go...

True story...I absolutely destroyed this table up until this point. UTG was new, but the other two players were weak, tight and passive. Just the way I like it. I raised every single button. They re-raised a few times, but mostly let me take the blinds. This was probably the fourth re-raise from the villain. I only saw one other re-raise and it was AT.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$44 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $106.50Hero: $845.70SB: $920.50BB: $387.60Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J :club: J :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $12, SB folds, BB raises to $44, Hero calls.Flop: T :D 3 :D 8 :D ($90, 2 players)BB bets $70, Hero...?

I wouldn't hate just calling... give him a chance to bluff again, if he is. Then re-evaluate the turn.I guess what we need to know is if you raise, and he re-raises all-in, would you fold or call? I'd really hate to see a fold here... I think we can rope him in for more if we flat-call.... or if you would answer yes to my above question, then raise. No fold here.

I wouldn't hate just calling... give him a chance to bluff again, if he is. Then re-evaluate the turn.I guess what we need to know is if you raise, and he re-raises all-in, would you fold or call? I'd really hate to see a fold here... I think we can rope him in for more if we flat-call.... or if you would answer yes to my above question, then raise. No fold here.
If I raise, I don't think I can fold, right?
And I would give anything or kill anyone to be with Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman, Diane Kruger, Elisha Cuthbert, and Elizabeth Shue.
no, eh, who?, hell yeah, definitely

He has roughly 250 after the flop... you don't have to call... but I think it is one.I guess I'm saying I'd call and re-evaluate the turn. But if I'm going to raise in this spot, I'm not folding to his all-in.

I should note that the villain in this hand has c-bet every hand she (I think "she) raised and checked the turn if she had nothing.

That's a really tough position to be in. it's a tough laydown, but thinking ahead what are you going do?If an overcard hits the turn, then you may be forced to fold the best hand, if the ten hits the board, he could have trip tens, if it's a blank, he's probably going to bet big again thinking legitimately he has the best hand.You're probably either way ahead, or way behind. If he has a higher overpair, you're screwed, if he has a pair of tens, you're screwed. If he has AT, you're laughing all the way.I really wouldn't know what the best play is in that situation. Personaly, I would fold. I don't like being in hands where i have to put a lot of money in but really don't know if i have the best handRaising wouldn't be a bad play imo, if he calls the raise it could force him to slow down on the turn and give you a free card or a chance to bluff, if he re-raises you can lay it down easier, and if he folds then you've got some info on his strategy.However, from experience i reccomend the motto "big pot=big hand", and would prefer folding and minimizing my loss than risking a lot of money in a situation where i was drawing thin.

i think i'd probably go ahead and just call, there isn't anything that you can beat that will pay you off, but you will have the best hand too often to consider folding...so i think a smooth-call is in order, and i'd be ready to get all the money in on a safe turn card

I should note that the villain in this hand has c-bet every hand she (I think "she) raised and checked the turn if she had nothing.
I like a call and see what villian does on the turn... Most likely I'm getting it all in on the turn

i like the just calling. ur prolly up against ak aq. 99 maybe????you really only have to be worried about 3 hands, so it could be very read dependent, also.howd this hand end up im curious

Min reraise and induce a bluff shove or a hand like A10, 99 to push thinking he's good. If hes 3 betting A10 then you are ahead of his range (I wouldn't say "crushed" but ahead for sure.) If you reraise to 3x or more then only hands he's calling with that you beat is A10 and 99. A min reraise can make him do stupid things and if he cold calls it's not a bad thing.

this is a great strat hand.Jeeeeeeeezzzeeee.B/C against a guy who three bets constant and shows down a10, I raise, but knowing that he'll give up on the turn is so huge. ARGHEH*@)*RToo many scare cards I think I bet it. But I really think calling and raising could both be good plays.

Flat call the flop, and hope "she" knuckles the turn (which accoring to her tendencies would mean she has air). Then I would set her in.If leads the turn, it will most def. be an all in. An all in that is tough to call. Buuuuuut if she moves in on the turn I have a hard time calling and a hard time folding. Aaaaargh, if she moves in after our flat call I can't decide...Good thread.

I shove this flop everytime. AINEC IMO. I want more letters to stand for words. I'd shove a lot of stuff on this flop if hes tight then he's tight, I'd play draws aggro I'd play AQ aggro I'd play hands that crush his range like JJ aggro. Basically villain took a stand and reraised you PF, I dont really know if this defines his hand, I try and resteal from the BB all the time from people I think are getting over aggro. His flop bet might be nothing (if it is he is not usually throwing a turn bet out) if he has something like J10+ I doubt he's folding because we have been so aggro that he'll probably make a stand with his top pair. I don't like slowplaying JJ for value, it kinda makes me want to puke.Edit: he's a she? I didn't know women played poker. Def shove. It's a chick.

This hand sucks.I havent read any replies yet, . I dont see 9,9 being played this way. Unless you have reason to believe it would be. I mean the raise to 44 is pretty hefty.Its very read dependent here, but a lot of players who hold kings or queens, want any big ace to pay a lot to see a flop.But with the info given and it being short handed, i guess AT is also very possibleit super sucks that the board is 10 high, and its hard to get away from given the size of the stack. but its either push or fold IMO. I dont like calling.You either have a strong enough read to fold, or you put his range on AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AK AQ AJ AT (99??) and shovel

it super sucks that the board is 10 high, and its hard to get away from given the size of the stack. but its either push or fold IMO. I dont like calling.You either have a strong enough read to fold, or you put his range on AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AK AQ AJ AT (99??) and shovel
Am I crazy? It's 4 handed and we have JJ on a 10 high board and getting bet into is scary/bad?

I get my money in here, for a few reasons:1) I'd like to continue running the table over. I don't want anybody getting fancy against me. It's terrifying to everyone when a LAGgy player makes a raise from a steal position, gets reraised, and then shovels a dry flop. It's scary to play against somebody that's willing to defend against a resteal with his entire stack.2) We're ahead a lot. I'm not excited about seeing an A, K, Q or T roll off, and have to call an all in on the turn. And we're in good shape against a reasonable resteal/c-bet range.So, since we're in good shape against his/her (it's?) range, and because we'd like to be able to continue running the table over with impunity, I make a pretty solid reraise. It's effectively a shovel, so shoving isn't fine, but I probably raise to 195 or something like that.Wang

True story...I absolutely destroyed this table up until this point. UTG was new, but the other two players were weak, tight and passive. Just the way I like it. I raised every single button. They re-raised a few times, but mostly let me take the blinds. This was probably the fourth re-raise from the villain. I only saw one other re-raise and it was AT.Absolute PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$44 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $106.50Hero: $845.70SB: $920.50BB: $387.60Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with J :club: J :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $12, SB folds, BB raises to $44, Hero calls.Flop: T :D 3 :D 8 :D ($90, 2 players)BB bets $70, Hero...?
Destroyed and sit second of four? Anyway ... I play this pretty cautious. If you had been aggressive, this is exactly the kind of setup you need to get dragged back to earth.

Preface: I don't mean to pick on you, there is just a lot of stuff I disagree with in here and I know you can take it.

This hand sucks.
It's the 4th or 5th best hand in poker! I keed I keed, thought I'd start light.
I dont see 9,9 being played this way. Unless you have reason to believe it would be. I mean the raise to 44 is pretty hefty.
The reraise OOP should be pretty big, with anything he is reraising with. I think the reraise is pretty standard at a lil over 3x, it's probably a pot reraise (I suck at calculating pot). 99 would absolutely be played this way. Basically any single hand that the Villain decided to make a stand with would be played this way. Reraise OOP, lead out C-bet. His range is huge.
Its very read dependent here, but a lot of players who hold kings or queens, want any big ace to pay a lot to see a flop.But with the info given and it being short handed, i guess AT is also very possible
22 is very possible. So is AK. My point is his range is not narrowed at all come the flop play, it's very likely he could have any 2 here and is sick of Naismith raising the button every damn time. Once you make the reraise from the SB ideally you hope Naismith calls the reraise and folds to your C-Bet U/I.
it super sucks that the board is 10 high, and its hard to get away from given the size of the stack. but its either push or fold IMO. I dont like calling.
It's awesome the board is 10 high. We want low cards to come because we are more likely ahead. I mean I know you know this, but a lot of people in this thread seem to want an A to peel off so we can just fold. That's sick to me. I have JJ I want all unders popping off.
You either have a strong enough read to fold, or you put his range on AA,KK,QQ,JJ, AK AQ AJ AT (99??) and shovel
This thread is not about folding. It's about how to make the most money with JJ when we are ahead. We are going broke if we are behind. Now the discussion of how to make the most money with JJ when we are ahead is pretty interesting and is tougher than I at first thought. From a little discussion with Naismith I think I like minraising the flop here the most, instead of shoving. (This is not the conclusion he came to though).

Okay, thanks for all the responses.In this particular hand, I pushed and the villain(ess?) folded after tanking for a bit. A player that was sweating me didn't like my push and I didn't either. He suggested a minraise to maybe get a push over the top, but he's a limit donk and thinks of everything in terms of minbetting. I guess if AT or 99 or even AK call this, the push isn't bad. AT definitely would've and I think 99 would've with the way I was playing. I don't know...I feel like I get called a lot by hands that beat me and not much by hands that don't beat me. But if I just call, I'm really only giving a free card to someone who hasn't fired a second bullet at me yet, giving myself a chance to get outplayed.This hand sucks.

Okay, thanks for all the responses.In this particular hand, I pushed and the villain(ess?) folded after tanking for a bit. A player that was sweating me didn't like my push and I didn't either. He suggested a minraise to maybe get a push over the top, but he's a limit donk and thinks of everything in terms of minbetting. I guess if AT or 99 or even AK call this, the push isn't bad. AT definitely would've and I think 99 would've with the way I was playing. I don't know...I feel like I get called a lot by hands that beat me and not much by hands that don't beat me. But if I just call, I'm really only giving a free card to someone who hasn't fired a second bullet at me yet, giving myself a chance to get outplayed.This hand sucks.
I still think making a big raise is very important from a metagame standpoint. You're running the table over, right? You'd like to CONTINUE running the table over. It's going to get a lot tougher if people see you taking weakish lines, like check/calling etc, etc, even when those lines are right. Making a big raise here drives home the point that playing back at you with marginal hands or restealing OOP is not going to be cheap. The last thing we want a good player doing is 3-betting us liberally when we're opening weak. So when he 3-bets and you flop hard, it is a PERFECT time to send the message: "If you want to play a big pot against me, we are playing for stacks."Wang