PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aheart.gif, Adiamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.05. UTG calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Flop: (16 SB) 8diamond.gif, 5club.gif, 6diamond.gif(8 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.Turn: (12.50 BB) 9club.gif(4 players)UTG+2 bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero folds.the pot says no but, the number of players and limit says someones got that 7 ;//...i probably would have played it differently if not so many people entered on the flop.

well the hand finished like this and i went on tilt ;p, lol, not really but stopped playing after thisRiver: (14.50 BB) A :club:(2 players)UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.Final Pot: 14.50 BBResults in white below: UTG+2 has Kd 9d (one pair, nines). MP3 has Jd 9s (one pair, nines). Outcome: UTG+2 wins 14.50 BB.

Wow.I kinda hesitated to post saying I'd fold because an argument can certainly be made for calling down.The pot is so huge.It's probably +EV, or at worst =EV to call down here as long as we fold to any raise.

I fully expected someone to have a seven.. without the results I still fold but it wouldn't be a happy fold.

yeah because no one will belive now that I don't think he played it enough like a 7 to fold - at least not instantlyBut sometimes like two pair or worse - if he thinks you raise a draw o the flop, he may lead woth just a pair here, for sure.* People forget to think about how a player would play a hand when THEY DON'T have us beat *Now, I dont know if I'd conclude to call down, just that we can analtyze it.Figure:Combos the other two players can haveassign likelihoodsassign your outs (or thier outs) vs the combosdetermine your action on the river for various cardsand then you can determine if callnig down is good.Generally in big pot hands, you'll find villain can have enough hands that seeing SD is better that you first think.Some hands you may call turn and fold some rivers, etc.

My line here? I raise and fold to a 3-bet. Seriously. A seven pops us back. And we can check the river even if an ace comes off. We'd like to show this hand down, but don't want to get into any weird spots. It's impossible to 3-bet this board w/o a 7, I think, and we might occassionally get a goofy hand like 2-pair to fold.Wnag

My line here? I raise and fold to a 3-bet. Seriously. A seven pops us back. And we can check the river even if an ace comes off. We'd like to show this hand down, but don't want to get into any weird spots. It's impossible to 3-bet this board w/o a 7, I think, and we might occassionally get a goofy hand like 2-pair to fold.Wnag
I think you're getting too cute for .5/.10

UTG+2 could potentially play it very similarly with xd9d. MP3 also doesn't seem to have a 7...and seems to be on a draw. In fact, the board's so draw heavy that I think we do need to call down in this huge pot. I can actually see Wang's point in raising the turn to charge them and pick up a free showdown...though I think we do have to fold if we run into any raises.

obviously the caller on the turn didn't have a 7. I don't see how you fold for 10 CENTS into this pot. It most likely cost you 20 CENTS to call this down. In limit with the pot size you only have to win a small percentage of the time to make this correct. This is an easy call and notice I said this earlier before he posted the results.

obviously the caller on the turn didn't have a 7. I don't see how you fold for 10 CENTS into this pot. It most likely cost you 20 CENTS to call this down. In limit with the pot size you only have to win a small percentage of the time to make this correct. This is an easy call and notice I said this earlier before he posted the results.
cookie.jpgEnjoy
The fact that you're referring to bets by their specific dollar (or, in this case, fraction of a dollar) amount leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about. If the players play the same, and the action has gone the same, is this somehow not a call in a 10/20 (dollars) game?Wang

Well if you assume the players at higher stakes are better than and micro blinds, then there's an argument for it.At in low limit poker, a lot of players miss the possible straight or flush on the board and play their top pair like it's the nuts, i would probably call it down (though tbf i have seen the result) but i don't think folding is unacceptable.

The fact that you're referring to bets by their specific dollar (or, in this case, fraction of a dollar) amount leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about. If the players play the same, and the action has gone the same, is this somehow not a call in a 10/20 (dollars) game?Wang
It's probably more of a call in a 10/20 game.Guy
we have a 7 so rarely here, that we could be 3-bet off of this by a thinking player and the pot would be huge.We also lose our chance to outdraw two pair

havent read replies....isnt this a flop we could consider just calling and then raising a safe turn on? pair+ draw is about 50/50 with us, we cant protect our hand even a little, and while we do have some equity with 3 others in, we would have much better equity on a blank turn.pot's big , but our opponents would have to be pretty bad for us to have them beat (not that they arent, my theory is they're retarded til proven otherwise).the only good thing about this hand is our position. we can call the turn closing the turn and river closing the action, and fold to a raise.

we have a 7 so rarely here, that we could be 3-bet off of this by a thinking player and the pot would be huge.We also lose our chance to outdraw two pair
Things that all have to happen for Actuary disaster scenario to come to bear:1) We are ahead with AA2) A player with a worse hand -- or hand against which we are drawing very live-- 3-bets3) We still win on river, or out drawSooooo unlikely. A thinking player is not going to say, "I have top pair, and even though this other solid player has shown an absurd amount of strength and the pot is huge, and even though there are about 300000 other players in the pot, I'm going to 3-bet here, hoping the good player showing strength can fold JJ-AA for a single extra bet, nobody has a random two pair or a set or a straight, and that I'll win this huge pot."Noooope. If we do get 3-bet, it's usually when we're drawing to 0 or 2 outs.Wang