Extracting Maximum Value From Pfr

Hero's been at the table for about an hour now, with the villain having joined about 15 minutes after Hero.Hero has rarely shown hands, with any show downs resulting in profit for Hero.Villain's not been involved in many pots, and won pots without going to a showdown, making detailed reads somewhat difficult. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($26.80)Button ($34.60)SB ($15)BB ($8.35)Hero ($22.95)MP1 ($8.50)MP2 ($9.65)Preflop: Hero is UTG with ac.gif, js.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. 2 folds, CO calls $0.25, Button raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, CO calls $0.75.Flop: ($3.10) 7s.gif, jc.gif, ad.gifHero checks, CO checks, Button bets $2, Hero calls $2, CO folds.Turn: ($7.10) jd.gif Hero ???Right to slow play this? What action should hero take from here?All comments much appreciated.n.b: Converter's playing up a bit. There was just Hero and Villain in the pot from the turn

There's a good argument to be made for betting out half the pot here on the turn. If he has a strong A like AK or AQ, he's going to have a hell of a time folding. Also, if you check, he may decide to check back, or make a small bet - the same bet you yourself could make if you chose to bet instead of checking.The downside to betting out is the possibility he folds on the turn. But if he's folding to your bet on the turn, he's probably not betting out again in this hand.I think by betting you'll get paid more often than by checking. A check here would look suspicious to me. Interesting hand.:club:

[by the way I don't like the check/call on the flop, if you bet right out, he might've put you on a lower ace and be willing to raise or call a larger bet later on. If you check the flop and then bet the turn after the board pairs, it's always suspicious, but in this case you don't have much choice. If he folds, on the turn, you wouldn't get much out of him anyway, unless he likes to bluff in such cases.I agree, although, it's nice to give the initial raiser a chance to throw some money into the pot even if he's missed the flop.

Best move is to raise on the flop.The problem with betting on the turn is that he automaticaly think the turn has helped you.In this case if he's got AK and you raise him on the flop he'll think you've made your hand already and will view your bet on the turn as continued agression from a hand you made on the flop.If you bet now on the turn, he could easily put you on a jack, you checked and called which was weak, then you bet when another jack came out, suspicious or what?