Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$66 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 7 :D J :D2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: 2 :) J :D 3 :D (4SB, 4 players)SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises, Hero calls, CO folds.Turn: 9 :club: (4.5BB, 2 players)SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero folds...Villain is 49/18/1.33 over 126 hands.Thoughts?

i think i call down from the c/r on the flopmaybe just results oriented thinking though

Villain is 49/18/1.33 over 126 hands.hmm he could basically have anything here.. I thinking something like J3,J2 or 10-9sHe could also be doing this with any J

tough to find a range, he could have any 2 cards to start withhe could raise the flop with 2 pair or any jack...once he 3-bets the turn his range probably includes 10-9 of spades and 10-8 of spades here also

So you think I'm possibly ahead of turn 3-betting hands?I don't think so, or else I wouldn't have pulled this line, obviously.
one reason i dislike raising the turn is that if you are 3-bet, you're going to be put to this decision, wondering whether he might do this with a weaker jack...i stand by my range though, you can only beat combo draws and could easily end up only getting half against a weaker jack

My 2 cents:Villain probably didn't start with a premium preflop hand, but otherwise could have any two cards.He has flopped one of four hands:1)A good hand (top pair or better, or a premium draw (SFD, pair+FD, etc.))2)A weak made hand (middle PP, 2nd pair, or 3rd pair)3)Some kind of ordinarly draw4)Absolutely nothing1) Villain might bet out, or might attempt to check/raise. (IMO, he's probably best to check/raise, since anyone with any draw that threatens him will likely bet for him anyway, and he'll get action from a wider range of hands if he checks than if he bets.).2) Villian might bet out, or might check and see what happens. Because the board is weak, his hand is vulnerable, and anyone who bets is fairly likely to have a J, I think he would probably bet out.3) Villain would probably bet out (if he's going to play it aggressively). A bet is more likely to come from late position than from early position, and any bet is fairly likely to be a J, so check/raising with a draw doesn't make much sense.4) Villain could bet out, or check and see what happens (presumably planning to fold to most bets).So, after the flop check/raise, I'm putting villain on most likely either a big hand or a very weak hand. Thus, my play would be to either directly fold to the flop check/raise (if I think he's unlikely to be bluffing), or to call down (if I think he's fairly likely to be bluffing, or if I think there's a decent chance he would play a weak hand or a draw this way). Exception: if I don't believe he'd fire a second bullet as a bluff, then I might call the flop, and fold the turn UI if he bets again.

After Villain's check-raise on the flop, I put him on only 2 types of hands.- A very strong hand that I am well behind- A drawI can think of only 2 ways to play this.- Passively call down- Raise/fold the flop or turn.My decision would be based on my read.But I don't mind your play against opponents who will push their draws.--CM