Today, some guy said he hopes that I get cancer and that my parents die in a plane crash.It was pretty funny.
That's only because you survived testicular cancer and you didn't lose your parents in a plane crash, just your dad.
I have no moves. Just call.
what's your screen name on PS?
I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that was not all you said in the chatbox.They are called chat privileges for a reason. If you want to keep them, it is not that difficult to obey the TOS.
I personally think that you should be allowed to swear in the chat box. Swearing isn't illegal, is it? We're all adults arn't we? (Unless you're Ryland, playing underage of course)... but as long as you don't say something that would actually get you arrested in the real world, why can't you say it on PokerStars.I know that's their TOS, and when you sign up you agree to that and stuff, but well, that's my 2 cents.

You should be able to type almost anything you want because everyone has the option of blocking it. If you start typing information about your hand or other peoples hands then that maybe should be addressed. If reading something in a chat box really hurts your feelings then you need to grow up even more then the people typing negative things. IMO

finz is right, you agree to their terms when you sign up. i can imagine what the chatbox would look like if they said anything goes. i know, i know: everyone wants to be bigdmcgee & say screw the rules and burp, fart, misspell, and vomit our way through any social situation... but sometimes rules get enforced and there are *gasp* consequences.grow up? heh, part of growing up is being accountable for your actions.that said, gabe only got a warning, which seems to be pretty reasonable. they're saying "we saw what you did there", nothing more.

You could be right.I don't know enough about it. Didn't know common assault law was your forte?
actually, being anal retentive and detail oriented should be my forte as an ActuarySwearing isn't a crime in most jurisdiction (I think?), assault is. Some times these acts overlap :club:
actually, being anal retentive and detail oriented should be my forte as an ActuarySwearing isn't a crime in most jurisdiction (I think?), assault is. Some times these acts overlap :D
Being able to start and end sentences like that, is also one detail that Actuary's have over the rest of us. Not fair.As to the topic of swearing, assault, crime etc etc.. I guess i didn't think too deeply when I said you should be able to swear. Maybe what I meant was, you should be allowed to swear in moderation. ('these f'kn cards are f'kn terrible', for example). But, ah, I hear you say, how do we define 'moderation'? Well, we can't. And that's obv what PokerStars have decided too.Conclusion: swearing is bad. please do not swear. :club: Fuckers
Oh no, let's keep that a secret. :club:
how can i stay away from 'your' 1/2 tables if i don't know who you are?edit - a little research goes a long way Mr. rdog7811, lol...why did i not type in rdog into my PT before?
how can i stay away from 'your' 1/2 tables if i don't know who you are?edit - a little research goes a long way Mr. rdog7811, lol...why did i not type in rdog into my PT before?
LOLZ, yeah, I didn't think it would take much for you to figure that one out :club:.
I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that was not all you said in the chatbox.They are called chat privileges for a reason. If you want to keep them, it is not that difficult to obey the TOS.
i honestly didn't say anything else or otherwise i wouldn't of started a thread about someone complaining about such a stupid insignifcant comment (which is the theme of the thread). i'm not THAT desperate for attention..oh who am i kidding, yes i am! j/k

maybe that guy pretending to be you made some worse comments?And I think swearing should be allowed, but people who berate the fish/stations at the table should be silenced immediately. The professors and a-holes who tighten up the bad players or shame them to leaving are the real problem children of online poker.

I personally think that you should be allowed to swear in the chat box. Swearing isn't illegal, is it? We're all adults arn't we? (Unless you're Ryland, playing underage of course)... but as long as you don't say something that would actually get you arrested in the real world, why can't you say it on PokerStars.I know that's their TOS, and when you sign up you agree to that and stuff, but well, that's my 2 cents.
Swearing isn't illegal at the WSOP either, but there are negative consequences for swearing to discourage it.I wouldn't begrudge a player saying "WTF was that" or "I can't f'ing win with AK" but when they go off on a tirade on a fish or the table at large, you can be sure I'm zipping an email off to support.
report this to poker stars.i wrote "fkn misclicks" after accidently raising to $70 preflop.then i get this email.Hello GabeTheKid, We have received a complaint regarding some things you said in chatat our tables. I have reviewed the chat log and did find some of yourcomments to be inappropriate. Our goal at PokerStars is to be a fun place to play, where everyone can feel comfortable. Foul language and abuse of other players takes away from everyone's enjoyment, and therefore cannot be permitted. We must ask you to refrain from using this type of language in the future, or we will be forced to remove your chat privileges. Please note that you may not be the only one receiving a message suchas this. When we receive a chat complaint, we review the entire chatof all players at the table. Any other offenders at the table were also warned or revoked as appropriate to our policies. Regards, JosephPokerStars Support Team
i honestly didn't say anything else or otherwise i wouldn't of started a thread about someone complaining about such a stupid insignifcant comment (which is the theme of the thread). i'm not THAT desperate for attention..oh who am i kidding, yes i am! j/k
Did they send a chat transcipt with the warning ? It sure looks like they are referring to some things you said, not one word that you said.