Negreanu Open Hand.

How does everyone feel about this hand... I didn't put anyone on AK pre so I figured I was good on the flop. However my read on rocksquid was he is pretty tight so I feel that he had me beat... especially because he was acting in early position.... What are your feelings on this hand?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t3200)UTG (t3360)UTG+1 (t2960)MP1 (t3320)Hero (t2940)CO (t1850)Button (t3720)SB (t3010)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Kheart.gif, Qdiamond.gif. UTG calls t20, 1 fold, MP1 calls t20, Hero raises to t80, 3 folds, BB calls t60, UTG calls t60, MP1 calls t60.Flop: (t330) 8diamond.gif, 7club.gif, Kclub.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG bets t300, MP1 calls t300, Hero calls t300, BB folds.Turn: (t1230) Tclub.gif(3 players)UTG bets t740, MP1 folds, Hero folds.Final Pot: t1230

Looks fine. I question the pre flop raise. I would just limp, and play a smaller pot. This is because the "small ball" thing actually does work. I know it's totally cliche on this site to say that, but it's true. Play smaller pots early on. As play, fold in that spot 100% of the time

How does everyone feel about this hand... I didn't put anyone on AK pre so I figured I was good on the flop. However my read on rocksquid was he is pretty tight so I feel that he had me beat... especially because he was acting in early position.... What are your feelings on this hand?
chalk that one up to a bad read.I can guarantee that he was not only beating your hand but he was hoping you had AK and you couldn't lay it down.Wait, I can't guarantee that. pinchpinch?edit: nice hand cliff and well played sir

personally fold preflop. Fold flop, fold turnI are nit.Limp big bet from UTG means something. Call from mp looks like draw, though the turn betting says I have that in reverse, but thats my flop read.Options are raise or fold the flop, I'd fold, but I don't play these hands at this stage anyway. So maybe raise? CALL-never to me.

i don't really think raising pf is all that good here, esp since the UTG limper is tight...he's got K-Q beat here every single time i would think, and he probably won't fold out too many hands...if you are going to raise, i think you've got to make it a little more than 4x, as wellagain, if you have a tight UTG limper, i think i might fold the flop...what could he have? we can't assume he's bluffing, he made a strong bet here, you have to think he could have A-K, maybe another K-Q, a set, or the nut club draw...i could find a fold hereturn is an obvious fold