Critique Please

$10R on Stars. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1000 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button (t13141)SB (t6610)Hero (t34560)UTG (t52688)UTG+1 (t17540)MP1 (t63498)MP2 (t22325)MP3 (t43518)CO (t26915)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 :D , A :D . 4 folds, MP3 calls t1000, 3 folds, Hero checks.Flop: (t2800) 7 :D , T :) , K :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP3 bets t2000, Hero raises to t6000, MP3 raises to t19000, Hero calls t13000.Turn: (t40800) J :club:(2 players)Hero bets t14460 (All-In), MP3 calls t14460.River: (t69720) 4 :)(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t69720

I'm pretty sure you have to fold when he 3-bets the flop.Then again, not a lot of info.
You're correct. I didn't include reads since he had been recently moved to the table. After this hand, he chipped up and I got a better idea of how he played. was his 3 bet big enough for me to fold?

The call on the flop makes no sense (to me anyway).All it achieves is that if you hit your flush on the turn he might fold and you win less. If you don't hit it you're getting the chips in anyway given your turn action.Fold to the re-raise on the flop, you don't have the odds to chase and he's not folding to a re-raise.

Fold the flop seems to be the way to go, or shove on the flop if you wanna gamble and think you have 12 outs. I don't like calling and shoving any turn though, I don't think it really increases your fold equity.

You can fold to the 3 bet on the flop, b/c it's so so likely he's betting the rest on the turn. So if you take that into account, you have to call about 27.5k into a pot of about 42k (a little more b/c idk the ante here), giving you about 1.5-1 odds. So, easy fold.Also, we know we have to improve given that we have no read, and can't put him on a 3-bet bluff. As played, I actually like giving him a chance to fold on the turn as we can't fold at this point. Unfortunately, he shouldn't either, but we can at least give him a chance.

man did I play this hand badly.The limp threw me a little. All I can do without a solid read is go with the range of most limpers at this point of an MTT. Very very very few hands go unraised and it's almost unheard of to limp from MP. The range I put him on was AA, maybe KK, small PP (the most likely) and suited connectors from 67-J10. I thought I could take it down on the flop with the c/r since the only thing he could call me with is a set or possibly aces. His c-r/r seemed fishy to me since it didn't seem to be for value and he hated his hand. I looked at the pot, how much it cost to call, how much I could shove for on the turn, and tried to assess how many outs he has counterfitted. This took up way too much time and because I didn't know what to do, I called intending to push the turn. In hind site, a fold is better.

You can fold to the 3 bet on the flop, b/c it's so so likely he's betting the rest on the turn. So if you take that into account, you have to call about 27.5k into a pot of about 42k (a little more b/c idk the ante here), giving you about 1.5-1 odds. So, easy fold.Also, we know we have to improve given that we have no read, and can't put him on a 3-bet bluff. As played, I actually like giving him a chance to fold on the turn as we can't fold at this point. Unfortunately, he shouldn't either, but we can at least give him a chance.
What can he fold here?any PP under KK that didn't set, yes?
What can he fold here?any PP under KK that didn't set, yes?
The way the action has gone, I really can't think of anything he should fold. Playing 22-66 and 88,99 that way is pretty much absolutely psychotic, although there are players capable of it. He should call w/ hands like QJ and KQ, even K9. But the whole point of the bet is the theory of "if we're not folding, we might as well bet." He might get scared and fold a hand he should call with. Give your opponent a chance to make a mistake.

I like the check-raise on the flop as a semi-bluff to win the pot. Once Villain re-raised to 19,000, however, GWC wasn’t given the correct price to call 13,000 more into a 27,5000 pot to see one card on the turn. As played, the turn of Jd was probably one of the best cards (other than a club) for GWC as it gave him a double belly buster as well as a flush draw. Even against a set or top two pairs, GWC’s hand had about a 30% chance of winning with the river to come so I think his shove for about 14,500 for a chance to win about 55,000 (if Villain calls which he will even with a hand like QJ) is the best play on the turn (instead of check/calling or check/folding).Congrats on a very nice pay day! :club:

I see the flop for free and check/raise the flop just like OP did. I fold after getting raised back as we don't have odds to just call and probably minimal fold equity if we shove.As played, I like the shove on the river as we've just added six outs with the double gutter

I hope you appropriately berated him and told him what a donkey he was after the river card..... lol, would have loved to see the insuing tilt.But seriously have to agree with above, without F/E you have a weak hand here, and once he 3 bets big he is unlikely to fold. Btw what did you pick up on his 3 betting afterwords, was he 3 betting light often?