• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opener was so much win!

I mean holy hell...the conference table scene alone made the season. Love this show. Hank Moody remains my personal hero.
  • 3 weeks later...
One of the best episodes ever last night.This season looks to be the best yet.
Wow I could not disagree more. I'm probably done with the show after last night. They try way too hard to be edgy and cool and its just a giant unfunny and boring fail at this point.
I agree, I couldn't stop laughing with the Billionaire hanging there. I know it's wrong but it was funny.
I agree, I couldn't stop laughing with the Billionaire hanging there. I know it's wrong but it was funny.
And the monkey? Jeez... "He's very sexual!" says Sister #1 lol and then she hits the panic button without even knowing the Billionaire has strangled himself.Yes, it's over the top for a normal guy like me, but I am willing to believe this is how it gets done in Hollywood.And YAY for them boobies!
I almost passed out from laughing when Runkel threw the monkey across the room...I was dying. Agree on the best season ever sentiments, just keeps getting better and better.
Wow I could not disagree more. I'm probably done with the show after last night. They try way too hard to be edgy and cool and its just a giant unfunny and boring fail at this point.
I think you're in the minority around here. I've enjoyed this season quite a bit so far. The scene where Hank and what's his name we're yelling/laughing at Runkel was awesome.
I've enjoyed the season as a whole, but I agree with you when it comes to the scene at the financier's house. Way too much effort on that one.
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice talking to ya, cocksucka.Seriously. One of the most uncomfortable moments in television history. Good lord.Also. Best season ever. Again.

• 1 month later...
Also. Best season ever. Again.
You still believe that? I'm losing my faith in this show...and that's after posting this on Feb 1st.
I think you're in the minority around here. I've enjoyed this season quite a bit so far. The scene where Hank and what's his name we're yelling/laughing at Runkel was awesome.
I really liked season 1, then parts of seasons 2 and 3 I hated, but some was good too.This season has been nothing short of fantastic.
I've enjoyed the season as a whole but how they've handled this court case has been pretty piss poor in my opinion. Runkle on the stand was great but then they basically skip to the verdict by having Karen open up her laptop? Just seems lazy to me.
I've enjoyed the season as a whole but how they've handled this court case has been pretty piss poor in my opinion. Runkle on the stand was great but then they basically skip to the verdict by having Karen open up her laptop? Just seems lazy to me.
Well, it's a half hour long show with 12 episodes per season, so a grand total of 6 hours to present the entire seasons' storyline. I'm fine with them skipping over the half an episode it would have taken to set up going to court, arriving at court, being at court just to get to the point where the verdict could be read in favor of an entire episode of beer, boobs and Hank Moody. The whole court thing was done enough in the previous ep, handling it that way seems like the smart play IMO. I would also be very ok with expanding the show to an hour, Dexter-style, but that ain't gonna happen.

While I would have liked to have seen Moody on the stand, I'm not sure how anyone can have any valid quibbles about the show, except the oft-awkward delivery of the daughter (this show's Jennifer Carpenter, if you will). The speedy, care-free dynamic would be lost in a one hour show. For example, how awesome was it that the 100K came through, Runkle says "Don't spend it all in one place" and, almost before the words are out of his mouth, we're at a dealership buying a Porsche and smashing the right headlight as a tribute to the older car. All that took was 30 seconds...or so...Could it be "better"? Sure, I guess...if you wrote, directed and edited it to your own tastes, such as they are. Short of that, we're stuck with a vague dissatisfaction and a feeling that not everything was covered, like in LOST, but the show still rocks.

Not a bad finale.Didn't really think Hank was getting jail time.Best dinner party ever. Poor Charlie (though of course we all knew the baby was his).Thought the pool scene/slip was pretty predictable.Nice last scene with the set looking like home, the trailers, and the 2 Karens. Karen and Becca at the gas station obv hoping in was Hank chasing after them.I'm pretty sure they've already been picked up for season 5, not sure about after that. I'm guessing we'll start with the movie being finished, maybe getting ready to premiere. Marcy will be huge, or maybe already had the kid. I assume her and Charlie are back together for good now.I have a feeling Karen and Becca will be back, but I'm not sure we're going to see Ben again. Would like to see more of lawyer chick, though not sure where they're going with that. Maybe Karen decides she wants Hank back but he's moved on with Abby? Probably not.

I don't understand why the producer guy and Charlie were all buddy-buddy in the last scene. You'd think the guy would be upset after having been so pumped to have a kid.

I don't understand why the producer guy and Charlie were all buddy-buddy in the last scene. You'd think the guy would be upset after having been so pumped to have a kid.
He's more excited to make money on the movie?

I guess I kind of assumed Marci and the producer stayed together even though it's Charlie's baby. That dinner party could have been the best scene without naked boobs all season.

I'm losing my faith in this show.
And I gained it all back with the finale. Just thought it was a great episode overall. Not sure how it would setup a next season (not even sure if there is one) but I thought that was a pretty good series finale if it came to it.
  • 9 months later...

Am I the only one who saw the first episode of the new season? So good to have it back. Damn the ex Mrs Hank is stillthe hottest thing on television now. The daughter has grown up to be far better looking than I ever thought she would be.Her eyes look remarkably like Natasha's. They progressed the storyline pretty dramatically. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it fresh. Marcy and the bald guy are still funny. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

First episode had a ton of promise, more so than the past couple of seasons for sure. I really like the decision to skip a couple of years ahead in the story. My only complaint is that it's annoying for them to do the whole "coincidentally hooked up with the significant other of someone he'll be close with" gag. It's been done way too much, and I think by them more than once. Good episode though.Odds on the first words of the kid?

Damn the ex Mrs Hank is still the hottest thing on television now.
You must not watch much tv.
The daughter has grown up to be far better looking than I ever thought she would be.
I...she looks exactly how she looked as a kid. Exactly.
Her eyes look remarkably like Natasha's.
I just tried in vain to find a picture of the cutout of her eyes from The Truman Show.