Man, that was an incredible finale. I can't wait for the next season to start so we can see the fallout. I won't spoil details for anyone who Tivo'd but hasn't watched it yet, but damn, talk about an unexpected twist of an ending.
Yeah...

To be honest, I'd rather him have gotten his manuscript back than his baby-momma', but shocking, nonetheless.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't read below if you haven't watched it yet. If you Tivo'd and don't want it spoiled GTFO of the thread. This means you Fryer!I would have liked it better if Mia came clean about her and Hank. The fallout from that would have been far more epic than from her ditching her new husband at the reception. Did anyone notice if Hank slipped her that ring while dancing during the part where they didn't stop holding hands? I thought he handed something off but I couldn't be sure what it was if anything.How does this set up next season? For the most part I enjoyed the show because of Hank being single and tormented, now he has his family back... boring.

Don't read below if you haven't watched it yet. If you Tivo'd and don't want it spoiled GTFO of the thread. This means you Fryer!I would have liked it better if Mia came clean about her and Hank. The fallout from that would have been far more epic than from her ditching her new husband at the reception. Did anyone notice if Hank slipped her that ring while dancing during the part where they didn't stop holding hands? I thought he handed something off but I couldn't be sure what it was if anything.How does this set up next season? For the most part I enjoyed the show because of Hank being single and tormented, now he has his family back... boring.
you really think there won't be twists and turns? Gotta keep things fresh or it's the same old crap..him pining for his woman and banging hot chicks...not that there's anything wrong with that, of course...This just gives more storytelling opportunities.
Sure there will be, I just don't know if it will remain as interesting. Just please keep the emo alien child from singing in season 2.
Man's got his woman to take his seedHe's got the power - ohShe's got the needShe spends her life through pleasing up her manShe feeds him dinner or anything she canShe cries alone at night too oftenHe smokes and drinks and don't come home at allOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedMan makes your hair grayHe's your life's mistakeAll you're really lookin' for is an even breakHe lies right at youYou know you hate this gameHe slaps you once in a while and you live and love in painShe cries alone at night too oftenHe smokes and drinks and don't come home at allOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedBlack eyes all of the timeDon't spend a dimeClean up this grimeAnd you there down on your knees begging me please comeWatch me bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleedOnly women bleed
I think this bit of info has to eventually come out.Who knows, maybe Hank will have to come clean about it to Karen.
Sure there will be, I just don't know if it will remain as interesting. Just please keep the emo alien child from singing in season 2.
I laughed my ass off at the scene in the convenience store.Overall, I thought it was a great finale.Any word on how long we wait for Season 2? Showtime said "coming soon", but that could mean March, June, or next September.
Any word on how long we wait for Season 2? Showtime said "coming soon", but that could mean March, June, or next September.
It got picked up for season two fairly quickly, but with the pending writers strike I doubt they will release any official time frame for the next season.
I laughed my ass off at the scene in the convenience store.Overall, I thought it was a great finale.Any word on how long we wait for Season 2? Showtime said "coming soon", but that could mean March, June, or next September.
It was a nice finale, but I doubt it was real- either Hank or the kid imagined it as they drove away. Way to neat, not to mention the song playing in the background talking about you can't always get what you want. I suppose it's possible, but if it is a real ending it's a bit of a copout. It took Ross and Rachel 9 seasons to get back togtether, these 2 do it in one?
It was a nice finale, but I doubt it was real- either Hank or the kid imagined it as they drove away. Way to neat, not to mention the song playing in the background talking about you can't always get what you want. I suppose it's possible, but if it is a real ending it's a bit of a copout. It took Ross and Rachel 9 seasons to get back togtether, these 2 do it in one?
Californication >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> friends, don't even compare them.I thought the end might be some sort of dream sequence also given the number of them that show up throughout the season. Guess we just have to wait till season two to find out.

I haven't actually watched the Finale yet, but if it ends with Hank getting back with Karen, and it isn't a dream, I will be thoroughly disappointed. Him being miserable without her is the main reason the show is cool.

Californication >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> friends, don't even compare them.I thought the end might be some sort of dream sequence also given the number of them that show up throughout the season. Guess we just have to wait till season two to find out.
Agreed- Californication much smarter and edgier, however, that being said, not to argue the genius of the show,but they did do a good job of not giving the viewer what they wanted, which for a long time was Ross and Rachel getting together. This is where the comparison is valid, because for most people, relationships, and the need for them to be real and neat as far as fiction is concerned is very real, which is why I like the idea of showing it from a everything is ****ed up perspective. I believe that network T.V. has reached the point that they need to react to the fact that for the most part relationships don't end well, because the majority of us suck at anything that isn't about us. I identify with the character of Hank on many levels- for a long time that was me, and on some level still is- I recognize that for me, I am just one or two mis steps or bad choices from being that guy again.
Oh. You were serious with the Ross and Rachel comparison. Sorry Rev. Haggert. Or is it Sen Craig?
Lol- I was serious as far as I think that Friends did a good job of keeping the average viewer at bay with that relationship, meaning not giving in to the desire for cookie cutter happy endings. I would say I am closer to Michael Douglas with my propensities, although a little gay tryst in the bathroom never hurt anyone.
This thought did cross my mind, especially considering the dream Hank had at the beginning of the episode this week or last week, I can't remember.
This thought did cross my mind, especially considering the dream Hank had at the beginning of the episode this week or last week, I can't remember.
I just watched it and I absolutely believe it was a dream. It was overly happy, if that makes any sense. Karen didn't stop smiling the whole time, and it was just to happy an ending to make sense unless the writers are intent on totally recreating the show next season.
Amen. I really hope it was a dream..as I was watching them drive off, I kept thinking.."Don't let her run and jump into the car..don't let her come running, please, please please.." Even if they want Karen and Hank to get back together, DO IT NEXT SEASON..What is the point of watching now? To see how they live happily ever after? Unless the Mia thing comes crashing down right away, they've wounded the series pretty badly, IMO.. If it's a dream sequence and they want to set it up where Hank is still pining, though he seems to believe he's let it go, and Hank and Karen occasionally bang..awesome..much better..
  • 3 weeks later...
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are suing Showtime for using the title "Californication".http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/20856346
So I guess "Heroes" should watch out for Nickelback and Josey Scott now?Kind of pathetic, really. Same thing happened back in the 90's when In Living Color came out, the band Living Colour tried to sue and lost. It's all about trying to squeeze a little more blood from the stone.

Stadium Arcadium blew my *******. **** RHCP and their hopeless legal precedent. Of course, if I were rich and untalented I'd probably sue people for all kinds of hysterical things, starting with "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter." Those twat-jockeys didn't fool me for a second.

Stadium Arcadium blew my *******. **** RHCP and their hopeless legal precedent. Of course, if I were rich and untalented I'd probably sue people for all kinds of hysterical things, starting with "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter." Those twat-jockeys didn't fool me for a second.
What got me was them trying to pass off Stadium Arcadium as there defining piece of work. No. Blood Sugar Sex Magic was, hands down. I can't believe they would even try to deny that.
  • 3 months later...