Please Let's Discuss Two Hands...

Hand #1: Don't slowplay on a draw-heavy board ***ESPECIALLY when there are 6 players seeing the flop*** LOL that is classic!Hand #2: This is not a tournament: that is a terrible allin preflop.Let me add the necessary words of wisdom.1) BBFIDTS2) Post in strat: you will receive 100% constructive criticism3) Learn to convert your handsand finally...DON'T SEEK STRATEGY ADVICE IN THE GENERAL POKER FORUM: You will receive 90% flames and 10% good advice.
yeah, got it. actually, i've played bad the whole evening, so the end fits. thanks for the advice. i figured the fault at hand #1 right after the hand was played, and i understand it at hand #2. i'll try to improve :club:
yeah, got it. actually, i've played bad the whole evening, so the end fits. thanks for the advice. i figured the fault at hand #1 right after the hand was played, and i understand it at hand #2. i'll try to improve :D
Sorry for jumping at you like that: you caught me at a bad time. I'm at work and a little grumpy: I guess I needed to let out a little rant to unwind (thanks, by the way: it helped).I assure you, I am normally as happy and cheerful as my avatar :club:
Not ReallyH#1You should have raised the flop instead of flat calling. H#2Why go all in PF? Flat call is the playBoth situations may have ended up the same but, you dont get paid to win pots you get paid to make correct decisions.(Caro)
I only looked at results, sry. Just trying to end this thread asap
Played 'em pretty awfully IMO. There's a flush and straight draw on the flop of the first hand, and you wait til one of the straight draws hits the turn to push? Raise the flop, please. Second..WTF? Why push? Set value only. You got lucky to hit your set, but, it's obvious you were tilting and 66 is going to make that call a lot at that limit. Also..since you're sitting with 33 bb's , a lot of people are willing to 'flip' there.
Yep.
yeah, got it. actually, i've played bad the whole evening, so the end fits. thanks for the advice. i figured the fault at hand #1 right after the hand was played, and i understand it at hand #2. i'll try to improve :club:
Looks like you've got these hands all cleared up now.I just wanted to say welcome to FCP. I think it's a great sign that you are open to constructive criticism. A lot of people tend to get defensive and focus on the bad luck of having their sets get drawn out on and blame their opponents. You will be able to get a lot of good advice in the strat forums here.
Looks like you've got these hands all cleared up now.I just wanted to say welcome to FCP. I think it's a great sign that you are open to constructive criticism. A lot of people tend to get defensive and focus on the bad luck of having their sets get drawn out on and blame their opponents. You will be able to get a lot of good advice in the strat forums here.
True..a lot of people (me) said you played just short of brain dead, and you took it well. Obv, being open to criticism is the only way to get better/to improve/to make more money.Good luck.

Enough said about hand #2. About hand #1. Besides being more agressive on the flop. try and be agressive preflop. for the following reasons.1. You take the lead and control in the hand2. It might pick up the blinds which is fine with a low pair.3. Eliminate weak holdings4. Get information. You'll have more information when you bet then when you call. 5. pairs do better against high cards headsup. 6. Build the pot for set valueThe last I would like to explain: When you build the pot and hit your set say pocket fives on a 59K rainbowflop your get more money in the pot when your up against AK. Lets say the button might have AK you raise 3BB and he elects to call. SB an BB fold. now you have 75ct in the pot instead of 35ct 3 handed. In the first pot you potbet would be 75ct which he might reraise with 2.25 thinking he is being played at or against KQ. With that there is a total of 5.25 in the pot of which the AK-guy paid 2.45 against your initial investment of 30 ct. Which means you have you implied set odds back already. And if you elect to call then there is enough room for the button the let him milk him self by let's say calling two 1/2 pot bets. adding about 3.75 of his stack to your account. Would you have just limped he might just call the bet on the flop you since he still has a BB to react behind him who could have anything. Besides there is only 35 ct to fight for so it's les atractive for him. And if he desides to raise the amount won't be 2.25 if he plays small ball. Also note the in a big pot people tend to like to get you of the hand more than in a small pot.