Golf Tournaments

After I read an article about golf gamblers and grease, my nephew and I went and tried it out. It works. You have to aim straight or you a screwed. It's also a messy way to play golf. I don't see how it would help all that much to be honest.Just wondering how crazy and creative (if at all) some of the players are getting with the gamblers rules. :club:
I was recently at a 2-man scramble and they had a special on one hole. You paid $20, but each time you played this hole, you teed-off with a 5 iron where laying 0 after that shot. From there, you tee the ball up just like you were starting the hole. Good fund raising idea. Anyways, it got to the point where guys in the championship flight were bringing in 5 irons bent to 2 irons.This year, they decided to let the player choose what club to start with, from 3 wood down...
1134627618_f387c458ec.jpgyour feet are too far apart for putting. shoulder width sir, how big do you think you are? :club:
I disagree. Shoulder length is the normal putting stance distance, but for some, having their feet farther apart helps control the putter. Makes the putter go straight back and straight through.

if people want spoilers on how the scramble went head over to pokerwire. hopefully espn will do a better job compared to the world series of golf one. talk about a horrible production.

DN,Any info on these guys? Pure golf gamblers or also side-game players? How is Janet Gretzky in the mix?
Those guys are basically hustlers in every forn, some more exclusively with golf. Butch Holmes is probably the greatest golf hustler of all time. His handicap is a "7" but that hardly means very much with this group. For tomorrow's best ball I made a few side bets:$20,000 vs Russ Hamilton and Phil Hellmuth +1.05$10,000 vs David Grey and Huck Seed +1.65$10,000 vs Butch Holmes and Big Al +.1.65$5000 vs Mickey Appleman and John Hansan -1.5 shots and -1.10 I played nine holes with Phil today and I think he played about as good as he could possibly play. Some good drives and tee shots, but it's hard not to bet against a guy who is putting from 70 yards off the green! I don't know enough about Butch and Al, but the tee spot is pretty huge. I can't imagine giving E-DOG that much of a tee spot is favorable for them. Erick hits it long and usually straight and can putt when he is on. I think the winning score in the best ball will be a -4 67 although the line is at -2. Apparently the pins are tucked away. Night all, I'm staying at Venetian and will be up at 7:00am hitting balls.
if people want spoilers on how the scramble went head over to pokerwire. hopefully espn will do a better job compared to the world series of golf one. talk about a horrible production.
I just read the pokerwire articles. Spoilers ? Yeah, pretty much, but it was great read ! Check it out http://www.pokerwire.comThe 3-man was played on Tuesday, so I guess the 2-man was played on Wednesday ? The last article has just been up a few hours at pokerwire, so I guess they'll come out with some more articles tomorrow...
I just read the pokerwire articles. Spoilers ? Yeah, pretty much, but it was great read ! Check it out http://www.pokerwire.comThe 3-man was played on Tuesday, so I guess the 2-man was played on Wednesday ? The last article has just been up a few hours at pokerwire, so I guess they'll come out with some more articles tomorrow...
Interesting read. Sounds like not a lot of great golf was played.
Anyone know what happened in the 2-man best ball tournament, yesterday? Pokerwire hasn't reported on that.
Ivey and Oppenheim took it down. Daniel and E Dog were contending but struggled on the back. It was a great event.