partypoker eats ass

If the 2 of spades came on the flop, how did the winner have 2 black 2's in his hand?
You got me, though it makes as much sense as the seven-card board, doesn't it? :club:
Next time I'll use pictures for you, ok? Maybe I'll design a pop-up book and mail it to you, but I will make sure someone walks you through the complicated process of placing your fingers on the tab and then pulling.

I here all this talk about how Party Poker's soft tables make FCP members $$$$. How does one approach playing these tables? Loose aggressive play by the "fish" create runner runner suck out situations that can't be good for the bank roll. I try to be a patient, tight aggressive player at $1/$2 level or lower limits and find myself treading water most of the time. I occasionally mix up my play, but try to stick to "Hellmuth's Top 10 hands" strategy. Could I do better? I look forward to your responses.*L*T* :club:

you are not good it is that simple. PArty Poker is the greatest site inthe world. By far the easiest! stop playing .50-1.00 that is not poker. You have to expect bad beats for that price. ANybody will call for .50 cents if i am in the hand calling wiht 67 of hearts and you raise i am still going to call for .50 cents more. Try playing no liimit. .50/1.00 is not poker
so insightful
you are not good it is that simple. PArty Poker is the greatest site inthe world. By far the easiest! stop playing .50-1.00 that is not poker. You have to expect bad beats for that price. ANybody will call for .50 cents if i am in the hand calling wiht 67 of hearts and you raise i am still going to call for .50 cents more. Try playing no liimit. .50/1.00 is not poker
Brilliant!! <the sarcasm meter just exploded>
I here all this talk about how Party Poker's soft tables make FCP members $$$$. How does one approach playing these tables? Loose aggressive play by the "fish" create runner runner suck out situations that can't be good for the bank roll. I try to be a patient, tight aggressive player at $1/$2 level or lower limits and find myself treading water most of the time. I occasionally mix up my play, but try to stick to "Hellmuth's Top 10 hands" strategy. Could I do better? I look forward to your responses.*L*T* :club:
I can't recommend highly enough that you read Small Stakes Hold'em by Miller, et al. The biggest part of beating the .5/1 and 1/2 games on PP for me was coming to grips with some of the concepts in the books first couple chapters as well as applying the lessons taught through out it.The biggest thing I took from the book? Poker IS gambling, you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. What makes a good player isn't "outplaying" everyone and avoiding gambling. What makes a good poker player is analyzing the expected value of every move they make and making the moves with the highest expectation. What makes a great player is the ability to assess the intangible things (tells, etc.) and use them to help assess the expected value of a play. For example, what is the expected value of a bluff? Well if you are heads up let's say that (for simplicity's sake) you opponent will call everytime he has a hand and will fold 50% of the time he doesn't when you bet. See any problems here? Well with a board of KT2 what are the chances that he made a good hand. You need to be able to take in information about how he has played this session, how he has played in this hand, any tells you may have picked up on, etc. and use that information to create an EV formula to determine the correct move to make.In summary, no matter how loose the players, how bad the calls they are only good for your game. As long as you make bets that have a +EV and put your opponents into situations where their bets have a -EV you WILL win in the long run. For every 1 time that flush draw sucks out on you you will win 2 pots of equal size. If the pot were $20 you would lose $20 once and win $20 twice for a net profit of $20. This is all long-term probability, however, and short term results can make it very hard to stick to your guns and continue to make strong, correct plays. Just keep in mind that each deal of the cards in a completely independant event (just because you missed your set on the flop the last 8 times doesn't mean you're due on this deal, you're still only about 1/9 to hit it) and make the moves that have the highest EV. And DEFINATELY read Small Stakes Hold'em. A single chapter of that book puts you light years ahead of most of the players at Party.
As lame as it sounds, I stopped sticking to top 10 hands. I do well sitting 1-2 6 handed and can take about 50 in 45 mins to an hour. Just loosen up your play and play suited connectors and other decent hands. Raise with the best hand always and slow play SOMETIMES backfires. Just cap it with the best hands and hope chasers don't suck out on you. i usually toss A-x crap cards unless they're suited.
In conclusion, PartyPoker eats ass. Good day"No, limit eats ass.  Of course people will call down to the river in limit.  Where is the RISK??Limit poker has no creativity and no heart compared to no limit.
Players that say limit has no heart have no brains.
In conclusion, PartyPoker eats ass. Good day"No, limit eats ass.  Of course people will call down to the river in limit.  Where is the RISK??Limit poker has no creativity and no heart compared to no limit.
Based on the last 3 or 4 posts I've seen from you, I've reached a conclusion: YOU'RE A ****ING MORON! Please, stop posting.

Party Poker is the easiest game in town. Man, I took some fools at a table called "FCP Private" or something for big money the other day...Oh, wait... :DSeriously, the reason you're losing is that you're playing the Top 10 Hands strategy! :club: One skill* PP will teach you is to bet for value. Yes, I get sucked out on all the time, but when I do win...I win big! It's a loose game with big swings, but go out on a top swing every time and you'll be a winner!*The other skill it teaches you is BIG IRON BALLS. I've learned a lot about sniffing out bluffs and reraising with abandon, because people will try to make moves on you a lot. Yeah, I lose sometimes, but I also catch people sometimes...the most important thing is slowly learning to be insanely aggressive at times as part of varying my play.

To the OP let's just sit down and post why you're wrong. Here's an example from earlier this evening.I'm in the SB with Ks-3s (Yes I'm aware it's the Krablar, but I'm not raisingw/ K-3). It comes around to me with 4 callers. I complete - as both SSHE and some knowledgeable players here say I should. Flop comes down 10-Q-A with one spade. I check. The player to my left bets. It comes around called to me. So now I calculate that I have 5.5 outs. 4 for my gutshot, and 1.5 for the backdoor flush. I call.The turn comes with a J. I've made the nut straight. I check raise it and get into a raising war and the pot ends up capper. I figure the other raiser's got a K. That's okay because there's another player calling all the bets.River's a rag. The pot gets capped. I'm raising and the other raiser from the turn is raising, and we've still got a caller. The guy calls a cap on the turn and river, and can't beat a straight. So even though I had to settle for a split, I still picked up 4 extra BB because I was in there against someone who couldn't even beat the obvious straight called a capped pot on both the turn and the river.Party rules.

I was almost quoting Doyle Brunson word for word. Thats the funny thing.
Oh my God! I'm sure that I can speak for everyone and say that the FCP community is terribly sorry for disagreeing with you, since you were "quoting" Doyle. I now agree that limit poker is the worst thing ever.Do you have a fan club I can join?
You remember when you popped out that other quote "The best players play NL." Yeah, that was dumb...since they play limit too.You must really suck at limit to have such a hatred for it.