Mindset For Playing Multiple Mtts In One Day

I'm not sure I'm alone in this school of thought or not. I find it very difficult to play back to back MTTs, especially when I make it semi-deep in an early one.For example, yesterday I played some cheap tourny ($5+0.50 I think). There were ~2300 people in and I finished something like 450th. I played some of my best poker as of late and got sucked out on to go out (AK < 99 after an A-K-4 flop). This was just before the Sunday $100k started.Once the $100k started literally a few minutes after I got knocked out I couldn't find my focus. It's not the first time its happened either. Whenever I get reasonably deep into a tournament and then play another immediately after I always find it hard to adjust to the starting chip size, especially if I've been playing with a large stack for the last couple hours.Anyone else find this? How do you make the adjustment? Maybe I just shouldn't play MTTs back to back.

i always try to keep multiples going, so i never run into that problem. Also, i find if i distract myself a little while playing, i don't over think things to the point of blowup.

What were you doing getting all of your money in with AK on a AK4 flop anyway? That's the death flop. Seriously though, anytime you take a beat like that everyone feels flustered. Go walk the dog, either figuratively or literally, take a jog, go get some ice cream, fill in the blank here...... Sit out of the current tourney even if you registered and it has started. If you aren't feeling up to it just quit for a while. The upside is you won't play bad or take bad beats. The downside is it usually only takes one or two good hands to get the mojo back and it could happen at anytime. I usually go with the former.

Sounds like you need to improve your outlook and get some positive vibes going.The best thing about Video poker is no matter how bad it gets, all it takes is one click of the button to erase a day of misery.While Video Poker is the furthest thing from online poker, the same concept applies.Would you rather sit and stew in a bubbling of a MTT, or a low cash when you had a sick amt of chips, or would you rather start fresh with a brand new *opportunity* to make a run?Life is all about attitude, you have to embrace the next challenge, not as a challenge, but as an opportunity for new success. :club:

definetly agree with OP. i play multiple MTTs and i find it really hard to pick my self up in the afternoon after a rough morning or a deep run without a significant cash. what i do to combat this is just what others already posted, go for a nap, maybe have a cold shower just to wake up and get your head back in the game. - conor

Pretty much why I don't play MTTs in general.I'll commit to playing a few all around the same start time but if those are done early I just move on to cash games.

There is no point in playing a tourney if your not committed to sitting there for 5 or 6 hours and able to stay mentally focused for a lot of the time...Do not feel pressure to play the tourney...If your not focused play one later on or another day...Or even just go play a Sng instead...Sometimes switching up the style of what you are doing will refresh your mind....

I've often found that micro NL turbo MTT sngs are an excellent way to blow steam off while you are folding 80% of your hands in the real tourney.It's probably not +EV, but if you are bonus whoring, you need to rack up the FPPs somehow.

I know exactly what u mean. You put your heart and soul into a tournament and you're disappointed more times than not. You get used to it. Just play overrolled for a tourney and you don't care nearly as much unless u finish like 9th or 8th or 2nd or 3rd. I hate it when I finish in those spots.