Interesting Hand From Home Game

Let me preface by saying a few things. Nearly every player in my home game is either very goot or very bad besides this villain who's merely ok. $50 buy-in "Main Event" to our WSOP. Usually we play anywhere between $1-$20 depending on who wants to play. So needless to say this is a little bigger than average. Our structure is sickly amazing. Start with 500 chips, blinds 1/2. So 250 bb's with 7 players. I have a very goot read on all of the players in this game. The villain in this hand is pretty tight aggressive but can't fold top pair no matter his kicker. He also rarely folds OESD and FD without overbetting the pot completely. I have never seen him float without like two overs on a small board like AK on a 8 hi board and I've never seen him 3 bullets or even 2 for that matter with complete air. Now that we've covered all this let's get to the hand in question. It was the very first hand of the tourney so everyone's even stacked. Villain is OTB and limps after everyone folds to him.Blinds t1/t2UTG (t500)UTG+1 (t500)Hijack (t500)CO (t500)Villain (t500)Hero (t500)BB (t500)Preflop: Hero has 7s, 8d4 folds. Villain limps for 2. Hero completes for 1 more. BB checks.Flop: Jh, 9h, Ts (pot is t6)Hero leads for t5. BB folds. Villain reraises to t15. Hero re-raises to t50. Villain calls t45.Turn: 3d (pot is t106)Hero leads for t80. Villain calls t80.River: 4h (pot is t266)Hero checks. Villain bets t140. Hero says fkkdkfs;dkfsd;fds and folds.I'm just curious if I played this correctly or if I should've take a different line or what. We're heavily deepstacked and I feel vvvvv uncomfortable in this spot heavily deepstacked with the ass end of the straight and a pretty drawy board. Did I misplay this hand?Results later.

I probably bet a bit more on the turn ~120ish. I think check folding the river is ok from your description of the player, I presume from your read that he would never do this with AJ/J10 or some other hand like that.

Let me preface by saying a few things. Nearly every player in my home game is either very goot or very bad besides this villain who's merely ok. $50 buy-in "Main Event" to our WSOP. Usually we play anywhere between $1-$20 depending on who wants to play. So needless to say this is a little bigger than average. Our structure is sickly amazing. Start with 500 chips, blinds 1/2. So 250 bb's with 7 players. I have a very goot read on all of the players in this game. The villain in this hand is pretty tight aggressive but can't fold top pair no matter his kicker. He also rarely folds OESD and FD without overbetting the pot completely. I have never seen him float without like two overs on a small board like AK on a 8 hi board and I've never seen him 3 bullets or even 2 for that matter with complete air. Now that we've covered all this let's get to the hand in question. It was the very first hand of the tourney so everyone's even stacked. Villain is OTB and limps after everyone folds to him.Blinds t1/t2UTG (t500)UTG+1 (t500)Hijack (t500)CO (t500)Villain (t500)Hero (t500)BB (t500)Preflop: Hero has 7s, 8d4 folds. Villain limps for 2. Hero completes for 1 more. BB checks.Flop: Jh, 9h, Ts (pot is t6)Hero leads for t5. BB folds. Villain reraises to t15. Hero re-raises to t50. Villain calls t45.Turn: 3d (pot is t106)Hero leads for t80. Villain calls t80.River: 4h (pot is t266)Hero checks. Villain bets t140. Hero says fkkdkfs;dkfsd;fds and folds.I'm just curious if I played this correctly or if I should've take a different line or what. We're heavily deepstacked and I feel vvvvv uncomfortable in this spot heavily deepstacked with the ass end of the straight and a pretty drawy board. Did I misplay this hand?Results later.
Must have been a hell of a read. I cannot see a tight player playing all the way with a flush draw.My read would have been KQ but would he have bet out on river into flush card. I like that you can lay it down especially since it is first hand of tourny and you have time and room to keep playing. Tough laydown though.
Must have been a hell of a read. I cannot see a tight player playing all the way with a flush draw.My read would have been KQ but would he have bet out on river into flush card. I like that you can lay it down especially since it is first hand of tourny and you have time and room to keep playing. Tough laydown though.
I agree. In my opinion neither a bigger straight nor a flush draw are very likely for villain.
He also rarely folds OESD and FD without overbetting the pot completely.
I cannot see a tight player playing all the way with a flush draw