Some pre-bubble 2.20 180 fun:PokerStars Game #17853878319: Tournament #90548370, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level X (300/600) - 2008/06/01 - 21:36:34 (ET)Table '90548370 6' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Rosa144 (15265 in chips) Seat 2: bigg won (15546 in chips) Seat 3: mfvx3rph (6890 in chips) Seat 4: bubman88 (3242 in chips) Seat 5: string_wise (2260 in chips) Seat 6: Cappy37 (4150 in chips) Seat 7: gymnastken (6167 in chips) Seat 8: rachdach (2384 in chips) Seat 9: LordOfDogtwn (3430 in chips) Rosa144: posts the ante 50bigg won: posts the ante 50mfvx3rph: posts the ante 50bubman88: posts the ante 50string_wise: posts the ante 50Cappy37: posts the ante 50gymnastken: posts the ante 50rachdach: posts the ante 50LordOfDogtwn: posts the ante 50gymnastken: posts small blind 300rachdach: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cappy37 [Qs Qh]LordOfDogtwn: folds Rosa144: folds bigg won: folds mfvx3rph: folds bubman88: folds string_wise: folds Cappy37: raises 600 to 1200gymnastken: folds rachdach: calls 600*** FLOP *** [8h 2s As]rachdach: checks Cappy37: bets 1200rachdach: calls 1134 and is all-inUncalled bet (66) returned to Cappy37Cappy37 said, "zomg"*** TURN *** [8h 2s As] [6d]*** RIVER *** [8h 2s As 6d] [7h]*** SHOW DOWN ***rachdach: shows [Ah 4d] (a pair of Aces)Cappy37: shows [Qs Qh] (a pair of Queens)rachdach collected 5418 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5418 | Rake 0 Seat 6: Cappy37 (button) showed [Qs Qh] and lost with a pair of QueensSeat 8: rachdach (big blind) showed [Ah 4d] and won (5418) with a pair of AcesThankfully I just doubled A9>Q4 with my short stack.. pretty sad when holding a 60/40 makes my day lol.And then this with 25 left:PokerStars Game #17854000919: Tournament #90548370, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (400/800) - 2008/06/01 - 21:42:50 (ET)Table '90548370 6' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: Rosa144 (15765 in chips) Seat 2: bigg won (16930 in chips) Seat 3: mfvx3rph (4248 in chips) Seat 4: bubman88 (5884 in chips) Seat 5: Weedy der 1 (5530 in chips) Seat 6: Cappy37 (2857 in chips) Seat 7: gymnastken (5392 in chips) Seat 8: rachdach (4093 in chips) Seat 9: LordOfDogtwn (5515 in chips) Rosa144: posts the ante 75bigg won: posts the ante 75mfvx3rph: posts the ante 75bubman88: posts the ante 75Weedy der 1: posts the ante 75Cappy37: posts the ante 75gymnastken: posts the ante 75rachdach: posts the ante 75LordOfDogtwn: posts the ante 75Cappy37: posts small blind 400gymnastken: posts big blind 800*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cappy37 [3d Kc]rachdach: folds LordOfDogtwn: folds Rosa144: folds bigg won: folds mfvx3rph: folds bubman88: folds Weedy der 1: folds Cappy37: raises 1982 to 2782 and is all-ingymnastken: calls 1982*** FLOP *** [Kh 7s Ts]*** TURN *** [Kh 7s Ts] [Js]*** RIVER *** [Kh 7s Ts Js] [Th]*** SHOW DOWN ***Cappy37: shows [3d Kc] (two pair, Kings and Tens)gymnastken: shows [Ad As] (two pair, Aces and Tens)gymnastken collected 6239 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6239 | Rake 0 Board [Kh 7s Ts Js Th]Seat 6: Cappy37 (small blind) showed [3d Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and TensSeat 7: gymnastken (big blind) showed [Ad As] and won (6239) with two pair, Aces and TensOh.. hi!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that on the bubble of the 32k on Tilt last night. Shove Q5dd into a 12 BB stack from SB and he had Kings and missed :club:.400 buy ins is a little excessive, ever considered moving up a level?I guess this turned out to be a good fold.Poker Hand

This is why I suck at 2.20s:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP1 (t1490)MP2 (t2425)MP3 (t4030)CO (t2630)Button (t1480)Hero (t1605)BB (t4500)UTG (t1280)UTG+1 (t1430)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kclub.gif, Aheart.gif. UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, 2 folds, MP3 calls t30, CO raises to t120, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1605, 1 fold, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls t1575, CO calls t1485.Flop: (t4905) Kspade.gif, Theart.gif, 5club.gif(3 players)MP3 checks, CO bets t1025 (All-In), MP3 folds.Turn: (t5930) 2diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t5930) 6diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t4905Results in white below: Hero has Kc Ah (one pair, kings). CO has Kh 6h (two pair, kings and sixes). Outcome: CO wins t5930. This one was my "eff it I'm going to Taco Bell" turn shove:PokerStars Game #17856574307: Tournament #90564736, $2.00+$0.20 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2008/06/01 - 23:59:03 (ET)Table '90564736 3' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: Kb8- (1050 in chips) Seat 2: danee1950 (1790 in chips) is sitting outSeat 3: thesox08 (1575 in chips) Seat 4: CHAMP7373 (1770 in chips) Seat 5: unluckyman79 (2020 in chips) Seat 6: rosenbeck321 (2310 in chips) Seat 7: Miroborge (1450 in chips) Seat 8: jjjimjim (1805 in chips) Seat 9: Cappy37 (930 in chips) Cappy37: posts small blind 50Kb8-: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cappy37 [Td Jc]danee1950: folds thesox08: folds CHAMP7373: folds unluckyman79: calls 100rosenbeck321: folds Miroborge: folds jjjimjim: calls 100Cappy37: calls 50Kb8-: checks *** FLOP *** [Th Qc 9h]unluckyman79 said, "its poker lol"Cappy37: bets 300Cappy37 said, "amen"unluckyman79 said, "i play i know"Kb8-: folds unluckyman79: calls 300jjjimjim: calls 300*** TURN *** [Th Qc 9h] [5d]Cappy37: bets 530 and is all-inunluckyman79: calls 530jjjimjim: calls 530*** RIVER *** [Th Qc 9h 5d] [4c]danee1950 has returnedunluckyman79: checks jjjimjim: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***Cappy37: shows [Td Jc] (a pair of Tens)rosenbeck321 said, "not really i play alot of live play and the beats are not as bad in my opinion"unluckyman79: mucks hand jjjimjim: mucks hand Cappy37 collected 2890 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2890 | Rake 0 Board [Th Qc 9h 5d 4c]Seat 5: unluckyman79 mucked [7c Ts]Seat 8: jjjimjim (button) mucked [Ac Js]Seat 9: Cappy37 (small blind) showed [Td Jc] and won (2890) with a pair of Tens

I FT'd a 2.20 earlier and took 4th. I think I've officially got my mojo back.Here's an "oh..." hand from a couple minutes ago. Big blind was sitting out, he was button I was small blind. Letting you know so the action makes a bit more sense in that I wasn't giving him credit and he was.. oh....PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownBB (t1500)UTG (t1720)UTG+1 (t1040)MP1 (t1480)MP2 (t3490)CO (t1470)Button (t1470)Hero (t1310)Preflop: Hero is SB with 3heart.gif, 6spade.gif. 5 folds, Button raises to t40, Hero calls t30, 1 fold.Flop: (t100) 4spade.gif, 9spade.gif, Kspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t60, Hero raises to t160, Button calls t100.Turn: (t420) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets t160, Button calls t160.River: (t740) Jspade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t500, Hero calls t500.Final Pot: t1740Results in white below: Button has 8c Ah (high card, ace). Hero has 3h 6s (flush, king high). Outcome: Hero wins t1740.

another beautiful hand, cappy. i'm in the next 2.20, let the hilarity begin.
darn, I woulda joined in if I saw it. I'll rail when you hit the FT.. deal? :club:
darn, I woulda joined in if I saw it. I'll rail when you hit the FT.. deal? :club:
AA < T5 aipf, A8 < KK aipf, and done. the 2nd one i had waited for the right moment to shove over a guy who had tried to limp every hand. and i picked the wrong moment when the guy behind me woke up with monsters. the A on the river was just a teaser as it gave him a straight.i'm done for the night, trying to get a little project finished.
AA < T5 aipf, A8 < KK aipf, and done. the 2nd one i had waited for the right moment to shove over a guy who had tried to limp every hand. and i picked the wrong moment when the guy behind me woke up with monsters. the A on the river was just a teaser as it gave him a straight.i'm done for the night, trying to get a little project finished.
I'm actually quite pleased with my play tonight, even though I busted in the last 1/4 of the field in both. If numnutz has anything other than a flopped two pair i get a lot of free chips with him donkbetting (he had been in the last 6 consecutive pots). Sad part is I had a couple chances to eliminate him, but he made AJ beat AK and JT beat TT hopelessly behind when the money went in, so more power to him.
The real secret is "Caring Enough". You enter a $33 tournament on a $250 bankroll you are going to *care*. If you enter a $1 tournament on a $800 br (something I used to excel at) you need some serious self motivation. It's like shock therapy. Your losses need to sting enough to keep you honest, but not deeply enough to cause you real pain.
Yeah exactly -- caring enough but not caring too much. You gotta care, but you also gotta be willing to lose. I become too much of a nit when I play too high.
Yeah exactly -- caring enough but not caring too much. You gotta care, but you also gotta be willing to lose. I become too much of a nit when I play too high.
I just clicked on my opr for the first time in a while and noticed that i've *cashed* in 4 of my last 60 tournaments.Time to start caring again. lol. I thinki I've got enough of a sample size to admit I suck at coinflips, am unable to say "eff it" with J6, and bang the gavel and declare my experiment with turbos is pretty much over.I did win a turbo forum challenge, but I always win those so meh... :club:

i guess if you really think they're a drain, it is best to not play them. we'll miss you at the late-night-a-thons, vb & i ft'd a 2.20 a couple hours ago. i took 9th-- AKsooooted less than J9soooooooooooooooted-- after rebuilding from my dangerous 1bb to over 16k. vb took 4th, i think. i was in a blur of rage at the time.and losing that turbo challenge to you still haunts me. so close! i should have won that damn thing, i swear.does this mean you won't be runnning a micro challenge?

i guess if you really think they're a drain, it is best to not play them. we'll miss you at the late-night-a-thons, vb & i ft'd a 2.20 a couple hours ago. i took 9th-- AKsooooted less than J9soooooooooooooooted-- after rebuilding from my dangerous 1bb to over 16k. vb took 4th, i think. i was in a blur of rage at the time.and losing that turbo challenge to you still haunts me. so close! i should have won that damn thing, i swear.does this mean you won't be runnning a micro challenge?
I don't know anything anymore. With my time schedule, I'll probably always play the 2.20s. My work is in chaos once again. New owners, which is a good thing, but we had to redo the entire setup. There's a 50/50 chance we'll be getting the internet back (which would increase my poker playing by roughly 90% per day), but I'm not even sure I'll be around long enough for it to matter.Couple of Job fairs in the middle of the month, and the opportunity for me to get going on areal career is going to win over the chance to make the naked ladies dance while playing poker 8 hours a night.Life ain't fair sometimes. lol. I hate being an adult. And I *really* hate the fact I didn't start on "the poker thing" when I was 21, living on my own, making good money, and had nothing *but* free time on my hands. I could be in a much better place right now. But then I wouldn't have met *her* and what meaning would my life actually have? Isn't amusing that the people closest to you are the ones that drive you the most crazy at times?I'm a lucky son of a bitch. I need to stop looking at the glass half empty. I just need to, like, get rich and stuff.note to self: set up IRC already, dammit!

dude. set up irc already. you MUST be running firefox. it is absurdly easy to install the chatzilla plugin & you are good to go.i had the same thoughts about what might have been if i'd been playing a few years ago when i was single & just spending money randomly. <shrug> i'm a slacker, probably wouldn't have been too much different from now. <laugh>

I took 3rd! Let's get all three of us to the next ft...
dude. set up irc already. you MUST be running firefox. it is absurdly easy to install the chatzilla plugin & you are good to go.i had the same thoughts about what might have been if i'd been playing a few years ago when i was single & just spending money randomly. <shrug> i'm a slacker, probably wouldn't have been too much different from now. <laugh>
I know I know.. It's just hard when I literally have like 2 free hours a night or so and want to get as much poker in as possible. Yeah lame excuse I know.As for the bolded part, I'm pretty certain we were separated at birth. <chuckle>Side note: Just picked up the new Gus Hansen book.It's... *great*. It's only like 15 bucks, and he goes hand for hand through his Aussie Millions win. Remember when he had the tape recorder last year and was talking into it between hands. Yeah, all that info is in there. Plus a bunch of other stuff. I've only skimmed it so far, but I'm truly blown away. It's so left field compared to the other literature out there. Gonna make the missus buy me DN's book for my birthday. I even showed her the Ray Zee Stud8/o8b book that I've been dying to get my hands on for years.
2nd for $396Played HU horribly.
Is it my turn yet to be $400 worth of horrible?I did something pretty amazing tonight, btw.. I lost a full buy in 2 tabling .50/1 HORSE in like, an hour. Haven't done that in a while. Totally forgot you could actually lose a significant amount of money in cash games. :club: Moral of the story: I really suck at Stud hi (and possible LHE). Pretty impressed by the play, saw a couple old souls from back when I played this regularly and their "notes" no longer applied.Am I really going to focus on tournaments again? I think so, time permitting.And for the super good news: my homebase club just got "bought" and the new owners are going to give us carte blance to reconstruct the booth and such. We spent all day with saws, hammers, brackets, and the whole enchilada. Lot of fun.And more importantly, I may be getting DSL back at work.F*CK YES! I might be playing poker eight hours a day again! wooooooooooooooooooooot.edit: I'm actually thankful Stars stopped all the tables for a server restart. I think Lee Jones God was telling me I was playing like $#!t and needed to call it a night.
And more importantly, I may be getting DSL back at work.F*CK YES! I might be playing poker eight hours a day again! wooooooooooooooooooooot.
Wow that's huge man, hope it goes through!

I was effin' around with my guitar last night with my buddies and came up with this gem, for your enjoyment.To the tune of Adam Sandler's Lunch Lady Land:Lee Jones's Land:Woke up in the morningLooked at my DN poster aboveAte some reheated salisbury steakWith a little slice of loveReady to show those online donkeysWhat I'm made ofI breathe a deep sigh as I log intoLee Jones's LandWell I wear this tinfoil hatCuz I need to dodge three outsI clutch my lucky rabbits footCuz I got a bad case of the doubtI was 97% to win after the flopBut there's no reason to shoutEverything business as usual down here inLee Jones's land.Well friggin' jack-deuece offsuitProvided today's killing blowIn the felted sea there's plenty of tunaAnd that shorty had to defend his big blind I know..In Lee Jones's Land your dreams come trueAs long as you deposited recentlyMountains of chips come your wayAs long as you push unsuited king threeBut don't forget to mix up your playAnd punish those with Ace-Rag diseaseNo player can escape the magic of Lee Jones's Land.Oh...Donkeys and GrindersDonkeys and GrindersDonkeys and GrindersOld Men and TeensOld Men and TeensOld Men and TeensDonkeys and GrindersDonkeys and GrindersOld Men and TeensOld Men and Teens"Barry Play" SandwichHe eff'in called me! withSuited LowsSuited, Suited LowsSuited LowsSuited. Suited Lows Come on!Suited LowsSuited, Suited LowsUgh!Suited LowsSuited (farting sound) Lows!Well I dreamt one morning I was Joe Hachem, you seeAnd Mr. Lee JonesHad a camera pointed at meI screamed "I too short for basketball!I don't fit the mold!"He said "I'm Lee f*cking Jones b*tchJust do what your told!"When we pushed Vanessa off a cliffShe didn't put up no fightAnd we're pushing commercials with that DN fellowWith all of our mightWe also filmed Katja and IsabelleAnd to that contract you are wed"It's called a jump shot, son, learn it!"Mr. Lee Jones said.I said "What did I doTo make you all so mad?"He said "Your no fun to watch on TVcause you nit up so bad"And Raymer said "I got a story about this fossil, you best run and hide"But the donk with the suited lowCame and joined my side.He said "If it wasn't for HachemFull Tilt would have beat yaYou should be treating him kindlyAnd saying 'Pleased to meet ya'His Aussie connections Helped your recruit drives reach their goalYou should be kissing his feetAnd acknowledging his role"Now all the angry bigwigsJust leave me aloneAnd we all live together At our happy homeThanks to the donk with the:Suited LowsSuited, Suited LowsSuited LowsSuited. Suited Lows Come on!Suited LowsSuited, Suited Lows..Well I shot the commercial anywaysWe used mirrors and camera tricks and all worked out just fineDown here in Lee Jones's land.

Signs of the apocalypse, this was in a 10 cent turbo:PokerStars Game #17928125955: Tournament #90939460, $0.10+$0.00 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/06/05 - 06:35:49 (ET)Table '90939460 4' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: Scoots27 (1500 in chips) Seat 2: Nukkkles (1480 in chips) Seat 3: J JUNCKER J (1470 in chips) Seat 4: vanSchnucki (1480 in chips) Seat 5: Cappy37 (1500 in chips) Seat 6: j2tehC (3030 in chips) Seat 8: Droadster (1560 in chips) Seat 9: baggygreen11 (1480 in chips) vanSchnucki: posts small blind 10Cappy37: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Cappy37 [Tc 2d]j2tehC: folds Droadster: folds baggygreen11: folds Scoots27: folds Nukkkles: folds J JUNCKER J: folds vanSchnucki: folds Uncalled bet (10) returned to Cappy37Cappy37 collected 20 from potCappy37: doesn't show hand Cappy37 says "Ship!"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 20 | Rake 0 Seat 1: Scoots27 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: Nukkkles folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: J JUNCKER J (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: vanSchnucki (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Cappy37 (big blind) collected (20)Seat 6: j2tehC folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: Droadster folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: baggygreen11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

i think the song is pretty good, but damnit man, youtube it up! (i'll have to find sandler's song when i get home & see what the tune is that is supposed to go with it. no, i haven't heard it before. yes, i live a sheltered life.)

Announcements