Early In $2 Turbo Sat To Sunday Hundo - Jj Facing Weird Action

Fifth hand of the tournament. No reads.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t1460)Hero (t1560)MP3 (t1490)CO (t1470)Button (t1820)SB (t1480)BB (t1480)UTG (t1480)UTG+1 (t1260)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J :club: , J :D . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t40, Hero raises to t200, 5 folds, MP1 raises to t360, Hero ????.This is some of the weirdest action I have ever seen. What's villain's range here and it is wide enough to shove preflop.

Twice he has made deliberately made raises small enough for you to easily call. One min-raise hints AA, but two? I'd say he has it. I would call as well.

Villain's range was much wider than just QQ+. It's likely that villain could have that. But villain can also have JJ, TT, AK among other various ace high hands.I'm receiving about 3.5:1 pot odds to call. I can mathematically make this call if I think villain has a range larger than QQ+. But as you'll see, that doesn't matter too much postflop. Given a slightly looser hand range (AQo+, AQs+, JJ+), it is assumed that I will play this hand through if no overcards flop since only QQ+ has me beat out of that range. However, at least one overcard will flop about 50 percent of the time. If I face any action on those flops, I must fold. I get nothing from my jacks. If I bet a flop with an overcard when checked to me, then all hands I beat fold and all hands that have me beat call. Jacks don't get paid off. If I get any action against all undercards, I'm probably only getting action from higher pairs given the preflop hand range. So, my jacks don't get paid off (actually I'd probably lose most of my chips). Against unpaired high cards, I will only get action if one of those cards hits the flop. Again, jacks don't get paid off.The only way I'll get any action is if I flop a set. In other words, even against a looser range, I am still playing this hand for set value. It's the only way I have a chance of getting action from hands that I have beat. I'll flop a set about 12.5% of the time. Let's say that I get action about half of the time. That's about 6-7% of the time in total. I'll double up 6-7% of the time. 5-6% of the time, I'll flop a set and get no action. The rest of the time, I either lose all of my stack or win a small pot.In conclusion, it is not worth calling just to flop a set. This is either a shove or fold situation. If I shove preflop, I'll hope that I'm racing as a slight favorite. Otherwise, I'd have to get very lucky against a bigger pair. Not an incredible spot to put 78 BB in preflop.If I fold, I give up a small portion of my stack and live to fight another day.

first of all, i don't like that you made such a big re-raise before the flop, if he has you beat you are just getting more money in the pot while you are a big dog as well as committing yourself to the hand further...i think i like a smooth call in this spot, as opposed to re-raising at all, because the raise looks so suspicious, plus you still have a lot of people remaining to act behind youas played, just calling is definitely the best play...you are going to be up against a big pair a lot of the time i would guess, which makes shoving probably bad, but you are getting way too good a price to fold...none of the options are really likeable here, but i think just calling and hoping first to flop a set and second that my hand might be good is the best play

first of all, i don't like that you made such a big re-raise before the flop, if he has you beat you are just getting more money in the pot while you are a big dog as well as committing yourself to the hand further...i think i like a smooth call in this spot, as opposed to re-raising at all, because the raise looks so suspicious, plus you still have a lot of people remaining to act behind youas played, just calling is definitely the best play...you are going to be up against a big pair a lot of the time i would guess, which makes shoving probably bad, but you are getting way too good a price to fold...none of the options are really likeable here, but i think just calling and hoping first to flop a set and second that my hand might be good is the best play
Did you happen to read the post above yours? About how calling is not a good idea?I like my raise. It could stand to be smaller, yes. Probably should have made it 140 or 160. But a bigger than normal raise is way better than a minimum raise.

I disagree with you that calling just for set value isn't worth it. Villain obviously is an idiot, so who knows what he'll do on the flop, and you are in position. Maybe he lets you see the turn card for free as well. And I'm convinced you get paid off every single time here if you hit, because I'm also convinced that villain has exactly AA and won't be able to let go of it. Also, you have 4:1 pot odds, not 3.5:1 - t160 into a t630 potI wouldn't criticise you for folding here, but I think shoving would be awful.

Did you happen to read the post above yours? About how calling is not a good idea?
did you happen to notice that in spite of that post i still said what i said?you are giving villain wayyyyyy too wide a range...he will have A-A or K-K just about every single time here, and calling to flop a set is worth it since you will get paid off every time, and even better than that if a big card flops and you don't flop a set, you can get away from it easily and still have more than enough chips to make a comeback...if you are worried that you can't get off the hand if three small cards flop, then maybe you shouldn't have made the initial re-raise and allowed yourself to be put in this positionbasically, i agree with roger that folding wouldn't really be a bad play, but shoving for 1200 more when the BB is 20 is a horrible play