men nguyen: daniel says "cheater"

As I was thumbing through old posts from Daniel and others I was very surprised to hear these things about Men "The Master." I assume these things are true and would be curious to hear any feedback. "I have stated publicly that Men Nguyen is a tournament cheat. I'mcomfortable saying that, because I KNOW that to be fact." -DN"I put my neck out on the line exposing Men for the cheat that he is. I'm not 'afraid' of doing what it takes to try to help get pokercleaned up." -DNhttp://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_thread/thread/a7353c40792261f/8d581fdd4f7270aa?q=Russ+Georgiev++daniel&rnum=13&hl=en#8d581fdd4f7270aa://http://groups-beta.google.com/group...d581fdd4f7270aa

Sorry, I don't really know how to post a link....haha. Just copy and paste it. Anyway, I just had know idea this was going on from such a "TV made character" in Men "The Jovial, Humorous Master" Nguyen. Guess it just proves that people really don't know most of what is going on in the poker world - only what they see on TV. Is the same true about anyone else?

Men is NOT a cheat. He is a great friend of mine, and has been an EXCELLENT mentor to me. He has always treated me with the utmost respect. I totally disagree with Daniel if he said that. I have found Men to be kind, generous, and honest. I only have great things to say about the man. It saddens me to see and hear a post like this.

Men is NOT a cheat. He is a great friend of mine, and has been an EXCELLENT mentor to me. He has always treated me with the utmost respect. I totally disagree with Daniel if he said that. I have found Men to be kind, generous, and honest. I only have great things to say about the man. It saddens me to see and hear a post like this.
steve, have you not heard about his alleged chip dumping in tournaments?
steve, have you not heard about his alleged chip dumping in tournaments?
I've heard a lot of things. TONS of rumors get spread in the poker community. I can only speak from my experience. And he has been a phenomonal indivual towards me. I've never seen anything close to that. Have I heard of the stories? yes. That doesn't make them true? NO

i have heard this from Daniel also.it is an accusation that would be very hard to prove, and cannot be taken seriously without proof..however, if its true its truly reprehensible. especially becauseMen is such a great card player..

Steve this is gonna sound weird, but were you the white guy negotiating becoming one of Men's students but didn't like the idea of how much of your potential wins he would take? I know this is an off the wall question, but I remember reading a magazine article about Men, and I remember a small part about a potential white student named Steve (who according to the article would have been Men's 1st non asian student)

i remember DN saying that. If it's true, then DN needs proof and also some back up stories from other poker players. I've heard alot of snide remarks about Men "The Master" from the same groups of people that DN hangs out with. They believe that The Bicycle Club gives him advantages over other players that they call a form a racism. Like "reverse discrimination". I don't believe its true, since i hang out at the Bike and i know the people there. It is true that it could be easy to get your friends to dump chips to you. But anybody could do that. Not Jus Men. Plus, Men has been very successful at the WSOP, which is not his "home base", and that should prove that he is a great player regardless.

That is very true. I definatly got that impression going through the old posts, but I would still like to know if what he said was/is in fact truth, because he sounds pretty confident about it. I guess we may never know for certain.

From what I understand, that feud is over. Just like the beef with Annie Duke, I believe that DN and Men have resolved their differences. That doesn't mean that they're friends, but it does mean that there is no fight between the both of them and that both parties have moved on.

Steve this is gonna sound weird, but were you the white guy negotiating becoming one of Men's students but didn't like the idea of how much of your potential wins he would take? I know this is an off the wall question, but I remember reading a magazine article about Men, and I remember a small part about a potential white student named Steve (who according to the article would have been Men's 1st non asian student)
Can you find the article for me?
Daniel really used to be a brat when he posted on RGP.he's grown up a lot, and i think he can be forgiven for a lot of the immature things he said
Why is it that people who always tell the truth are always classified as brats? People complain about celebrities, athletes, move stars never speaking their mind on anything, and then when they do they are crucified and raked over the coals.I'll take someone who speaks their mind and the truth every day over someone who just uses cliches all the time.If Danile knew/thought Men was a cheat, why not announce it?
Can you find the article for me?
Yeah, I was right, the guy's name was Steve. It was you, wasn't it? :-) LA Weekly article herehttp://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/26/features-kaplan.php[/url]