This Happened To Me Today, Funny Story......

1) Just completely go ballistic on this guy, and everyone else in the conference room try to sell these people bullshit products and tell them to go **** themselves and that they can't be conning people into shit like this.......
You're nowhere as smart as you think if you actually believed that you'd get out of there without talking to a salesperson.
I told him "Sir, please explain to me how this is a long term investment, I am gonna spend 12k, and have no ROI (return on investment), so PLEASE tell me how I can treat this 12k expenditure as an investment", he thinks for a second, (probably because he just realized that I am a smart mother ******)
Kid, I hate to break it to you, but this definitely is not what he was thinking. He was thinking, "Oh, god...here's another annoying ass that thinks he's smart just because he knows common terms like ROI and expenditure. Well, I still need to try and sell him, so here we go..."And I know he was right in thinking that because your completely illegitimate arrogance even caused you to think that you should tell us what ROI stands for, even though 99% of people over the age of 15 are already well aware of its use.
" Do you know that when I was your age, I made a 10k investment in a little company called MICROSOFT and everyone thought I was absolutely crazy for doing it? Well now, the stock has done obviously HUGE things and I am worth, well I'm not even going to tell you what I'm worth because you wouldn't believe it if I told you".
This is one of the funnier lies I've ever heard of.
So as i'm finishing up my laughing fit, I say, "OK bud, if you are worth all this money, and you LOVE VACATIONS, why wouldn't you just buy this 12k package yourself and save yourself the hassle of dealing with people like me who are obviously smarter than you?".He stands up, and says, " I deal with a lot of people everyday, and NONE OF THEM ARE NEARLY AS COCKY, OR AS ARROGANT AS YOU ARE!"I basically tell him that he doesn't need to get upset just because I am smarter than he is, a better salesman, and don't have to lie to potential customers to sell ANY product that I choose to, I could tell the true and still sell it, unlike he could.
First of all, you're now in pathetic territory where you're lying about how badly you fucked with a guy for being a liar. I understand that you'll have to deny this, but the two of us both know that in reality the conversation was nowhere near as clear-cut as this. It's pretty obvious from your writing skill and style that you really are nowhere near as smart as you seem to think, so I'm guessing that your end of the conversation was marked with a good amount of stuttering and no words with more than five letters.
Holy ****ing balls. I just started to look up the history of Sundance Vacations,because it seemed like their practices were unethical to say the least, and I came up with TONS of sites and anti-scam/fraud sites with gripes against Sundance Vacations........
Yeah, this is one of those companies that brings about arguments on whether or not stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of. I feel like their requirements should be people within a certain age range (maybe 25-50) and IQ (>100) before they can even bring a person to their sales pitch.
QUOTE(SilentButDeadly3 @ Saturday, August 11th, 2007, 3:56 AM) Stopped reading here.SHIP IT TO THE CUBS PIRATES ONE TIME
youre right that is a funny story

When I was a kid we went to Disney World and to save money my dad booked us in this resort near the park and got 3 free nights to listen to their timeshare pitch. Well the appointment time came up and he was saying how he was gonna be in and out in the 2 hours he had committed to and then we'd be off to the park. So about 3 hours later he comes back with armfulls of info drops them off and we go to see mickey and friends. Well the day we are leaving my dad disappears for an hour, when he comes back he asks us if we really liked this place. Well we had loved it they had like 4 huge pools and game rooms and what not, it was a really well run very nice little resort. He then informs us that we get to comeback here for a week once a year lol. Their pitch was so good it ate at his brain for 3 days then he fell for it.It actually turned out to be a good deal. It's with RCI and they let you bank your week and use it anywhere in the world. We've stayed in beautiful resorts all over the world with it and my folks still use it every year, they even banked 2 weeks and went to Australia with it.Wow this was a lame post with no real point to it...ok time for morning coffee.

this thing happened to my gf.. she won a free vacation but I wouldn't let her go because I felt like it was a cult.. and for what its worth.. if you ever meet HubDub.. he comes off as the COCKIEST kid in the world... but I like him.
Thank you.
You're nowhere as smart as you think if you actually believed that you'd get out of there without talking to a salesperson.Kid, I hate to break it to you, but this definitely is not what he was thinking. He was thinking, "Oh, god...here's another annoying ass that thinks he's smart just because he knows common terms like ROI and expenditure. Well, I still need to try and sell him, so here we go..."And I know he was right in thinking that because your completely illegitimate arrogance even caused you to think that you should tell us what ROI stands for, even though 99% of people over the age of 15 are already well aware of its use.
Well sir, you are probably unaware of this, but I have this posted this on 3 different forums. I copied and pasted it from there, to here. The other forums probably don't know right off of the bat what ROI means. But hey, sorry for insulting your intelligence I guess. LOL."This is one of the funnier lies I've ever heard of.First of all, you're now in pathetic territory where you're lying about how badly you fucked with a guy for being a liar. I understand that you'll have to deny this, but the two of us both know that in reality the conversation was nowhere near as clear-cut as this. It's pretty obvious from your writing skill and style that you really are nowhere near as smart as you seem to think, so I'm guessing that your end of the conversation was marked with a good amount of stuttering and no words with more than five letters.Yeah, this is one of those companies that brings about arguments on whether or not stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of. I feel like their requirements should be people within a certain age range (maybe 25-50) and IQ (>100) before they can even bring a person to their sales pitch."Incorrect again. You don't know me, nor know how I talk in a social environment. If you DID know me, you would realize that I DO talk with a certain smoothness and confidence that some other people lack. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT EVERYTHING IN THE OP WAS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.I mean come on, as Charlie Murphy said, "who the **** could make that shit up?"I didn't create this thread to start a pissing contest with anyone, I just am sharing a story with you...........
Congrats on being a complete douche to a guy who was doing his job. Good story!
Incorrect.It is NOT his job to try and sell me something that I was not brought in there for. If they told me right off of the bat that I was going to be spoken to with a travel agent, I wouldn't have a gripe. But they didn't. That's why I acted the way I did.I thought it was justified.
It is NOT his job to try and sell me something that I was not brought in there for. If they told me right off of the bat that I was going to be spoken to with a travel agent, I wouldn't have a gripe. But they didn't. That's why I acted the way I did.
I liked the story, but you're telling me you were going to a TRAVEL AGENCY and didn't expect at some stage to be spoken to by an agent trying to sell you something?
I liked the story, but you're telling me you were going to a TRAVEL AGENCY and didn't expect at some stage to be spoken to by an agent trying to sell you something?
Well that thought HAD crossed my mind at one point, but I made sure to ask if I was going to be pressured into buying anything and they adamantly said that I wouldn't.As you guys can see in the OP, the links I posted show that tens of thousands of people have had similar issues with these morons.
Well sir, you are probably unaware of this, but I have this posted this on 3 different forums. I copied and pasted it from there, to here.
OMG the OP is a whore.
I guess since he has a job and you don't that gives you the right to go to his job and act like an ass.
Incorrect again sir. I have a job. I am looking for a better job. Hence me interviewing on my day's off.It's so easy for people like you to talk, especially when you automatically assume because I am interviewing, that I don't currently have a job.I don't wanna confuse you guys with the facts, it seems that you've already made up your mind.
You're nowhere as smart as you think if you actually believed that you'd get out of there without talking to a salesperson.Kid, I hate to break it to you, but this definitely is not what he was thinking. He was thinking, "Oh, god...here's another annoying ass that thinks he's smart just because he knows common terms like ROI and expenditure. Well, I still need to try and sell him, so here we go..."And I know he was right in thinking that because your completely illegitimate arrogance even caused you to think that you should tell us what ROI stands for, even though 99% of people over the age of 15 are already well aware of its use.This is one of the funnier lies I've ever heard of.First of all, you're now in pathetic territory where you're lying about how badly you fucked with a guy for being a liar. I understand that you'll have to deny this, but the two of us both know that in reality the conversation was nowhere near as clear-cut as this. It's pretty obvious from your writing skill and style that you really are nowhere near as smart as you seem to think, so I'm guessing that your end of the conversation was marked with a good amount of stuttering and no words with more than five letters.Yeah, this is one of those companies that brings about arguments on whether or not stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of. I feel like their requirements should be people within a certain age range (maybe 25-50) and IQ (>100) before they can even bring a person to their sales pitch.
/Thread
Well sir, you are probably unaware of this, but I have this posted this on 3 different forums. I copied and pasted it from there, to here. The other forums probably don't know right off of the bat what ROI means. But hey, sorry for insulting your intelligence I guess. LOL.
You didn't insult my intelligence so much as you showed the limitation of your own. Were the other forums for mostly 12 year old girls? I doubt it, so my point still stands that the comment you made which you think proved to the salesman that you were "a smart motherfucker" was really something that anyone over the age of 16 with an IQ over 80 could have come up with.
Incorrect again. You don't know me, nor know how I talk in a social environment. If you DID know me, you would realize that I DO talk with a certain smoothness and confidence that some other people lack. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT EVERYTHING IN THE OP WAS EXACTLY HOW IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.I mean come on, as Charlie Murphy said, "who the **** could make that shit up?"
I wasn't incorrect before, so how could I be incorrect again? Saying something in all capital letters still doesn't make it true.Don't you dare compare this thread to Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories.
I didn't create this thread to start a pissing contest with anyone, I just am sharing a story with you...........
Well, really you're sharing the story because you think that it shows how hilarious, smart, and overall awesome you are (under the pretense of 'warning' people to stay away from that company)...but that's neither here nor there. Studying instead of playing golf on a beautiful weekend makes me cranky, so I apologize for the interruption and will vacate your thread immediately. Nice job not getting sucked into their sales pitch. I'll let you have the last word about the fact that I'm wrong and an asshole.
Studying instead of playing golf on a beautiful weekend makes me cranky, so I apologize for the interruption and will vacate your thread immediately. Nice job not getting sucked into their sales pitch. I'll let you have the last word about the fact that I'm wrong and an asshole.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
this thing happened to my gf.. she won a free vacation but I wouldn't let her go because I felt like it was a cult..
liar your just possesive :Pi had similar experiances and i can say the sales persons can get very annoying and pushy so sometimes u hav to be rude or bluntanyways fnny story man
The "internet shopping spree" is purchased from another third party and is strictly limited to a single web site (that web site keeps changing). In many cases you need the log on code to view the items and their prices. The items are usually not of great value, and there is limited selection. It has been noted that the price listed on the shopping spree web page is higher than the manufacturers suggested list price. The surprise comes in shipping and handling fees, which must be paid by the recipient and are not included in the promotion. These fees can range up to $340 for a $1000 shopping spree. Unfortunately the actual cost of the goods (if purchased elsewhere) which can be obtained at this web site is about one fourth of amount selected or approximately $250 (if the maximum $1000 promotion amount is used. Factoring actual shipping if the same goods were purchased online anywhere else they would be the same or less cost than if obtained through the "Internet shopping spree" offered by Sundance Vacations. Any cost over the maximum must be paid by the purchaser.

These timeshares presentations have been mastered over the years to "close through confusion." They actually have a name for the grid every salesperson draws up on the back of one of those sheets as they talk. It's called something like the "confounding quadrant" or some bs.To get through one in as little time as possible--approximately 1.5 times the amount of time they promised (1 hr = 90 min., 2 hr = 3hr, etc.)--and without succumbing to their sales pressure, just use this exchange:SALESPERSON: "So, would you agree this is an INCREDIBLE offer?"YOU: "It's not only incredible, it's incredibly IMPOSSIBLE for my budget."For some reason, once you drop the IMPOSSIBLE bomb, they shove the freebie into your paw and show you the door. It's worked twice now...once for $200 cold cash (not coupons...cash) in Sedona, and once for discounts amounting to ~$450 on our snorkel trip, helicopter tour and luau...all of which we were going to do anyway on our last trip to Hawaii. That's a pretty good hourly ROI for my free time, and hugely -ROI for them, lol.As long as you know what you're in for (time+sales pressure), they can be quite entertaining. Even to the extreme that the OP went for, although that's not really my style (I actually feel sorry for these guys...in some cases, it's sadder than Glengarry Glen Ross by a power of 10).