Ricky "the Hitman" Hatton

This is the fight i have been waiting for in a while. I almost feel sorry for Mayweather though.There is no way on gods earth he will beat my man Ricky Hatton and i'll tell you all this for free. Mayweather is going to have to change his nickname after this fight. Pretty he will not be.Ricky is a warrior. Mayweather has never fought anyone like Ricky before...no matter what you all say.

This is the fight i have been waiting for in a while. I almost feel sorry for Mayweather though.There is no way on gods earth he will beat my man Ricky Hatton and i'll tell you all this for free. Mayweather is going to have to change his nickname after this fight. Pretty he will not be.Ricky is a warrior. Mayweather has never fought anyone like Ricky before...no matter what you all say.
I didn't even need to see your local to know you were a chav... if Ricky can get Floyd to fight him, Hatton has an excellent chance. But if floyd boxes him, and is able to keep a distance, dance around, avoid getting hit, and fight in the boring yet insanely successful style mayweather has perfected, then Hatton has no shot. Personally, I hope Hatton gets Mayweather to fight, and beats his ass, because I freaking hate the way F. May. Fights, but I'm not sure how likely it is.

Looks like its going to happen. I hate Mayweather and personally, I think he is a bitch but he has the tools to beat Hatton. He will jab and run for 12 rounds, potshotting Hatton on the way in. I hope I'm wrong though.

I didn't even need to see your local to know you were a chav... if Ricky can get Floyd to fight him, Hatton has an excellent chance. But if floyd boxes him, and is able to keep a distance, dance around, avoid getting hit, and fight in the boring yet insanely successful style mayweather has perfected, then Hatton has no shot. Personally, I hope Hatton gets Mayweather to fight, and beats his ass, because I freaking hate the way F. May. Fights, but I'm not sure how likely it is.
The thing is mate, Ricky is always in your face. Ricky is very experienced (im not saying Mayweather isn't - im soley talking about ricky) and will cut the ring off exceptionally well against Mayweather. 1 of the biggest things Billy will work on with Ricky is cutting Mayweather off and getting him to fight.Ricky will be trained harder than ever for this fight and will be in his best shape yet. People in England have been saying Ricky is past his best - but they forget it's not easy for an English fighter coming to Vegas and performing. some of our best fighters have falling short in the U.S and Ricky silenced all his critics over here by beating Castillo. Castillo may have actually been past his best but he was more than up for that fight with Ricky and he was stopped by a punch that if landed would stop any boxer.

Unfortunately, I think you are wrong.Hatton will struggle with the weight division he''ll be fighting in more than anything. The only other time he fought at Welterweight was against Collazo and he found it hard.. he never went back up to that weight to fight again.Should be a great fight, and I'm not ruling Hatton out, but Mayweather is a big favorite.

• 3 months later...

Ricky is going to kill Flyod.Flyod went into the city of Manchester right where all the Man City fans are at the press conference and put a manchester Utd shirt on. Infront of Ricky and in the heart of the city where all the Man city fans are.That action alone besides all the things he has said about Ricky being fat and so on is enough for Ricky to go into that ring prepared to die to win.Manchester utd and manchester citys is like the east coast / west coast rivally from the 90s. The bloods and crips. It is a stupid thing to do and Flyod has the cheek to moan when all the people checked rotton tomatos at him and booed him off stage.It has nothing to do with stepping up a weight - when the fight with collazo happened ricky didnt train properly for that - he came out and admitted that after the fight and said he'd learnt from that mistake because he found it harder than he should of. This time he has had the right sparing partners and trained very early. If anyone will struggle with the weight it will be Flyod struggling with Rickys power.You have to remember that collazo fight was rickys first big outing in america and English fighters dont seem to fight over the pond too well for some reason. He's had a good enough performance with Urango (albeit ricky fought with a cold) and he had a grerat finish with castillo.Ricky has just about hit his peak where as mayweathers had his and although i can concede that technically Flyod is the favourite i can swear down that that doesn't tell the whole stroy.RICKY WILL NOT LOSE - HE CANT LOSE and i'll eat my own arse if he does

Ricky is going to kill Flyod.Flyod went into the city of Manchester right where all the Man City fans are at the press conference and put a manchester Utd shirt on. Infront of Ricky and in the heart of the city where all the Man city fans are.That action alone besides all the things he has said about Ricky being fat and so on is enough for Ricky to go into that ring prepared to die to win.Manchester utd and manchester citys is like the east coast / west coast rivally from the 90s. The bloods and crips. It is a stupid thing to do and Flyod has the cheek to moan when all the people checked rotton tomatos at him and booed him off stage.It has nothing to do with stepping up a weight - when the fight with collazo happened ricky didnt train properly for that - he came out and admitted that after the fight and said he'd learnt from that mistake because he found it harder than he should of. This time he has had the right sparing partners and trained very early. If anyone will struggle with the weight it will be Flyod struggling with Rickys power.You have to remember that collazo fight was rickys first big outing in america and English fighters dont seem to fight over the pond too well for some reason. He's had a good enough performance with Urango (albeit ricky fought with a cold) and he had a grerat finish with castillo.Ricky has just about hit his peak where as mayweathers had his and although i can concede that technically Flyod is the favourite i can swear down that that doesn't tell the whole stroy.RICKY WILL NOT LOSE - HE CANT LOSE and i'll eat my own arse if he does
For Ricky being so great, you REALLY have to sell him pretty hard...Enough with the excuses about him being sick, didn't train properly, weight problems.Who has he fought?
For Ricky being so great, you REALLY have to sell him pretty hard...Enough with the excuses about him being sick, didn't train properly, weight problems.Who has he fought?
I don't need to sell him haha. Im just reminding you yanks whats coming to town. Theres no backing out now for Flyod. Ricky has landed in shit hole city... sorry i mean America.Whose he thought? You having a laugh or do you just need to fight old boxers that have made a name for themselves in the past to get recognition? Obvi0ously you do or we'd of not bothered with Flyod. After Flyod we'll take it to who ever. Who being Ricky Hatton - this is England. We knock you out in your own back yard. Bring on Cotto next. Nah im just messing around with yous but in all seriousness Flyod is a great fighter...the best on the planet pound for pound so they say. This is the reason Ricky is fighting him. It isn't about the money for Ricky - it is about beating Floyd and getting recognised as the best pound for pound fighter in the world. Flyod is great but i am very biassed over this and i reckon Ricky will win.

Drank 2 tables over from Floyd at Tryst. Wound up talking to him and his friends. They were very friendly and invited my friends and I to an afterparty. I know nothing of boxing, but just going with what I know about Floyd's personallity, i'd like him to win. He was alot more down to earth and friendly than most pro athletes I have met.Tom.

Drank 2 tables over from Floyd at Tryst. Wound up talking to him and his friends. They were very friendly and invited my friends and I to an afterparty. I know nothing of boxing, but just going with what I know about Floyd's personallity, i'd like him to win. He was alot more down to earth and friendly than most pro athletes I have met.Tom.
So flyods so arrogant he wont even do an interview with a top tv presenter but he'll go spending time with every tom dick and harry.Proper bullshit what you just said. No offense but theres no way thats true - if you'd said you'd beeen out drinking with Hatton i'd of beleived you but not mayweather.
So flyods so arrogant he wont even do an interview with a top tv presenter but he'll go spending time with every tom dick and harry.Proper bullshit what you just said. No offense but theres no way thats true - if you'd said you'd beeen out drinking with Hatton i'd of beleived you but not mayweather.
Why can't this be true. I met Floyd at Jet nightclub at the Mirage. He stopped by the table i was at because he knew the ppl i was with. He seemed like a nice guy in person I think he puts on a big act on TV to hype the fight up.Also im taking hatton in the fight too much value at +220
  • 2 weeks later...
Why can't this be true. I met Floyd at Jet nightclub at the Mirage. He stopped by the table i was at because he knew the ppl i was with. He seemed like a nice guy in person I think he puts on a big act on TV to hype the fight up.Also im taking hatton in the fight too much value at +220
Could be true and probably is. But to make out like Fylod "MONEY" mayweather is a laid back down to earth guy is making you come across as a bit silly to me. Why? Because how can someone who has a load of flash cars and boasts about them, a massive house / masion and boasts about it and walks round saying shit like "lifestyle.....flash" be classed as a laid back normal person?Its not that he has those things that make him a tosser....its that he boasts abiout having them that make him a tosser. Its noty about him boasting how good he is that makes him a tosser because look at the great man Muhammad ali. He was 1000000 times worse than anyone will ever be for telling the world how good he was but not once did you hear ali say how rich he was or anything like that. ANYWAYS IF YOU TOOK THAT BET ALL THE WAY BACK THEN YOU WERE WRONG. RICKYS ODDS HAVE BEEN SLASHED BIG TIME OVER HERE. NEVER BEFORE HAS ANYTHING SPORT RELATED OR NON SPORT RELATED TOOK THE AMOUNT OF MONEY BET ON ITS OUTCOME AS THIS FIGHT. EVERYONES BET ON IT AND OVER HERE THEYVE ALL TOOK THE GOOD ODDS GIVEN AND BET ON RICKY. Also

My £0.02Hatton is a great body and head puncher and as such has a good 'puncher's chance'. But Mayweather is not going to be outboxed. I can see this going to the judges for a decision to Mayweather. Not a landslide though, as Hatton will get off some intense hits, and they register on scorecards as well as on opoonents. It might be a case of more punches and flashiness from Mayweather, but more attacking movement from Hatton - usually a recipe for divided opinionShould be a good fight, and I wouldn't want to be either of them(apart from the money). Guess that's why I'm not a boxer...

Everyone is doubting Mayweather's abitlity to counter. If Hatton comes flying in open, I have no doubts Mayweather will sting him and move. He's quick and he's a technichan. That being said, I think I'm pulling for Hatton, and Mayweather doesnt care. That's why he paints himself as the villan. He knows that's what it takes to sell tickets. It's just like in poker, the loudmouth at the table will always get action. Well, Mayweather is the loudmouth and you're buying tickets and PPV to watch him get beat. Simple marketing, but there is no denying his skills.

Ok then... so it's nearly upon us.Here's the result, look away if you don't want to know.8th round stoppage by doctor for cuts sustained to Hatton. Hatton was ahead on the judges score cards at that point. Mark my words.(and at 47-1, that's not a bad bet too... considering Hatton's history of cutting badly, especially against bigger fighters).

I just read an article that Hatton is trying to get Lidocaine banned before the fight since he saw the 24/7 where Mayweather was getting his hand worked on and obviously it's still a problem for Floyd. It sounds like if the ban goes through Mayweather might have to pull out.

I just read an article that Hatton is trying to get Lidocaine banned before the fight since he saw the 24/7 where Mayweather was getting his hand worked on and obviously it's still a problem for Floyd. It sounds like if the ban goes through Mayweather might have to pull out.
lolI assume you're joking, or by 'article' you mean you read it on another boxing forum or something. Hatton wants the fight to go ahead, more than anyone.
lolI assume you're joking, or by 'article' you mean you read it on another boxing forum or something. Hatton wants the fight to go ahead, more than anyone.
It wasn't a forum, it was on the AP wire. Hatton's camp said they were afraid that if he won Mayweather would use his hand as an excuse.
Yeah, I agree.I'm so excited about this fight! Can't wait!