• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatest golfer ever hands down. He is playing with little boys right now folks so sit back and enjoy the greatest golf there ever might be.
lol it was good, but that's going a bit overboard.

It was a fantastic round but not the best ever (Johnny Miller anyone). All the golf announcers always give him way too much credit for being a great ball striker (he is good but far from the best). He is the best golfer of his generation for 1 reason- he is by far the best putter and maybe the best of all time.

I think the main reason he will be considered the best ever is his ability to grind out solid scores in round where he is not playing well, he seems to be the only player on tour who thrives in high pressure situations and makes a very high percentage of the crucial putts that are the difference between winning a tournament and not,People don't realise how difficult it is to continue to push yourself like Tiger has when there is no real competition for his title as no.1, other great players in the past had opponents that pushed them to the extreme by competing at a level just below theirs, but as of yet I feel no one has really stepped up to challenge Tiger.

• 3 weeks later...

two things I want to say in this thread:

Greatest golfer ever hands down. He is playing with little boys right now folks so sit back and enjoy the greatest golf there ever might be.
oh really?and, of course:COME ON!
Figured I would just bump this in anticipation of his win tomorrow.
They might aswell ship him the $10 million now, cos he's gonna crush the fed-ex cup!
Hmmmmmmmmmm.......No.

Tiger wins again. The fedex cup system is a little weak though. 9000 for first 5400 for 2nd. This is not a poker tournament here guys. I honestly don't like the system.Tiger's going to win, but it's a high variance system. They play too many weeks in a row, and if it's going to be real, we can't have courses where someone is going to shoot -22 for 4 rounds, even if his name is Tiger Woods.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that -22 is kind of misleading. We have had absolutely no rain all summer here in Atlanta and then all of a sudden we get downpours the few days before the tourney. They had to leave the greens longer to keep them alive and then with the rain it made them dartboards. Look at the previous years winning scores and it should give a good indication of how easy the course was playing. I would fully expect the best putters to come out on top in a scenario like this, which is exactly what happened. I kind of like the poker tourney structure with it being top heavy. It makes these guys take some more chances if they want to make the big bucks. It's the only way someone will catch the top 5 with how the they begin the point structure. However, I think this thing will be like the BCS and pretty much be updated every year with new tweaks. BTW, I think most of these pro golfers are complete whiners, even Tiger to some degree. I can't remember who said it, but it was either Dewey Tomko or Doyle Brunson. Basically, they said pro golfers today talk about pressure, but they are not even playing for their own money. They are playing for someone else's money!!! If you are playing for someone else's money what gives you the right to beetch and moan about how they give it away.

Ok, the -22 may be misleading, but don't ignore the fact that it's a par 70 course. Either way, he's won 4 out of his last 5 events, with the other being a 2nd place finish.

• 5 months later...

Most dominant athlete of all time. He not only has complete control of his game at every waking moment, but he controls other player's games with his jedi mind tricks. I hope all of the hood rats are paying attention. Not saying Lebron or Kobe are horrible role models, but Tiger could change an entire generation.