Aggression Factors

Convertor(FTR) is not working for me atm so I figure I'd get some communication on how you guys interpret aggression factors instead of posting a few more hands.I know kind a generalizing here but..... I'll ask anyway.I'll give some stats on 3 different villains, you tell me what characteristics make them different from each other(obviously post flop).Case 1Villain 1 15/6/.47Villain 2 15/6/1Villain 3 15/6/2.67Case 2Villain 1 25/5/.51Villain 2 25/4/1.13Villain 3 25/4/2.72Case 3Villain 1 39/0/.21Villain 2 48/1/.97Villain 3 47/2/3.22Particularily interested in Villain 2 of each case and any info that you would like to give on aggression factors would be appreciated. Can AF ever be taken alone without consideration of other stats? What in particular can you get out of AF that helps you make decisions... especially AF factors in the .8-1.8 area?Thanks as always

cool thanks, I have a lot of trouble interpreting on the fly. I figure there is a math trick to it but I really find the in between AFs(.8-1.8) to be hard to interpret. If they are alot lower than obviously I feel I need to give them more credit when they bet(moreso the tighter they play) and not to give as much credit the higher the number(morso the looser the player) and that may be way off base. I really have problems with the middle ground and end up not using these numbers much in making my decisions as I'll time out trying to think through it all.

I wouldn't get into the habit of using just the numbers to base your decisions on.A random selection of .8-1.8 AFs can behave in such a wide array of ways.I would concentrate on taking good notes, as well as learning to better interpret the numbers.

Working on it. Just thought someone had some info I had not thought about for Afs in that range.

Working on it. Just thought someone had some info I had not thought about for Afs in that range.
There isn't much to interpret.AF is calculated by the following formula: [bet+raise]/callHowever, when you look at someone with a higher VPIP, they're going to be calling a lot more, simply because they'll hit flops a lot softer (ie bottom pair, etc), but overall, they could be making raises with the exact same strength hands as someone who is a 15/10/3...Compare 15+15/30 for a 50/10/1, and you look at someone with a 15/10/3, who's formula would look more like 15+15/10. He's in fewer pots, so he's got less opportunities to call, but when he is in pots, he's got strong hands, so he plays them aggressively. You can see how VPIP skews the AF stat.So basically, when looking at someone's stats while playing, it's just a quick look at the number, then look at the VPIP and make a guess at what his raising range would be. You aren't going to be able to narrow anything down based on numbers though. Someguys raise draws, some call. Some guys will raise any pair on the flop, some call, etc. Some guys raise draws, but call pairs, some guys raise pairs, but call draws, and so on.That is why I talk about note taking. Something I forgot to mention in that thread was their flop raising range when HU, or multiway, etc. If they are the type to raise you with only TPTK+ when they've called your PFR, that's important to know. If they'll raise with any piece, well, that's useful too. AF #s can't tell the whole story, unfortunately.

Villain 1 15/6/.47Villain 2 15/6/1Villain 3 15/6/2.67Villain 1 is scared. He plays the strict hands, but then forgets how often he is probasbly ahead and misses value. He might try to slow play too often. He does hang around to see SD, not convinced he's beat but feels the pot "is big enough" and prefers to not get greedyVillain 2 is cautious but generally (damn. first out again in a PLO tournry ok back to post) bets when hec hits and will play it honest. He can fold when he's clearly beatVillain 3 plays premium hands and he knows you don't He wants to extract value and will pump the flop. He gains info from his raises and will use it to make pro folds later. He can be bluffed but probably learns othes tendencies more than the others. Case 2Villain 1 25/5/.51Villain 2 25/4/1.13Villain 3 25/4/2.72Villain 1 likes to see cheap flops, cheap turns, and cheap rivers and cheap showdowns. He has a wide range and loves soooted cards and any 3- gappers or less Value bet his butt. Respect his raisesVillain 2 is very typical. Takes hands too far. Will bet top pair, will raise big hands, will chase without proper odds. He plays for implied odds and gets tired of his big pairs losing. He won''t even raise AQ anymore. He'd rather lay a bad beat and c/r you on the turn with his goof ball two pairVillan 3 is a bad player who thinks you have to wait to see the flop before putting chips in. "We only have 2/7 cards, now, wait for the flop" "Ok, i have top pair..jam jam jam." this player will go nuts with QQ post flop on a K78 flop and be pissed when KT takes his money. He can also be found typing "Nice AA, I'm folding JJ here", on a 458 flop. They want to drive the busCase 3Villain 1 39/0/.21Villain 2 48/1/.97Villain 3 47/2/3.22Villain 1 is an ATM. He's convicned everyone is bluffin, after all, he caught NOTBLUFFNUNOW for a 9 BB pot back in '92. He'll bet if checkd to with TP and being aweful, he might make his own bluff raises. Value bet less than 2nd pair against this playerVillain 2 plays so many hands and wil play his good one aggressively post flop. At this point, with such a high VPIP, it can be assumed they suck and are therfore much harder to predict. Or take seriously. I mean, while his VPIP and AF together seem to indicate he calls along with draws, good and bad, and plays his TP and better hands aggressively, he may just as well play worseVillain 3 Maniac. Bluffs way to much. Wishes he was playing no limit. "Usually plays 3/6 live; but just mess'n aroun" Try to isolate him and get to his left