So what do you guys do to keep your head when you run a low stakes tourney and hit 20 minutes of junk? Then hit AKs? I jump in like a mad man and loose it all. I'm a decent player just don't know how to handle the dry spells yet. Should I put some music on? Maybe watch a movie at the same time? What works for you when it feels like your shoveling crap instead of playing cards? I mean how do you stay zoned so the Group 1's that hit after a dry spell don't make you jump off a bridge?First post w00t!

donk I thought you were a non-perverted goody two-shoes lol.

I like music or since i have a laptop i move it so its in between me and the tv so i can keep an eye on both @ the same time

the harder you push yourself the more you'll be able to play. multitabling is awesome too.

So how do you guys set priority on multitableing? I love to do the whole stats/math on my hands, plus don't you give up some bluffing knowledge by multitabling? I guess I'm just looking for pointers or a link on how the game changes with multitableing vs. single tableing. Yup I'm a poker n00b, one foot in front of the other...

I love to do the whole stats/math on my hands
my god, you are such a nerd.
, plus don't you give up some bluffing knowledge by multitabling?
Yes. But the obvious bluffers are easy to find.The marginal bluffers, the ones that do it just a bit too much or not enough, or just right, yeah, you'll lose a bit of info on themBut supposedly, there's so much ABC poker at the lower limits that you end up making more money playing more tables, even if you make less per table.I' make sure I was a winner at 1 table first.
I guess I'm just looking for pointers or a link on how the game changes with multitableing vs. single tableing. Yup I'm a poker n00b, one foot in front of the other...
We have a lot of players here who should chime in.Many of them are not good at poker.welcome.

I second you need to be confident(with proof) you are a winning player before you start multi tabling. I'd like tho think I am a winning player up to .25/.5 at single tabling. My last batch of 10K hands, I was not and I put at least in part that it is because I attempted to multi table. My win rate suffered to the point where I was a loser for that bunch of hands(again not just multi tabling, also some tilt and some implementation of new concepts that I probably do not have down well yet.)My bankroll is enough to support me at .5/1 but I thought I wanted to ensure that I could continue to be a winner at this level and with the extra bankroll would occassionally have 2-4 tables on the go.For me, multitabling increased my tilt because of time pressure first off. I'm an overthinker and the time crunch would set me off. If I started out poorly, I'd start playing sheriff and doing that on 4 tables at once made me lose more money, snowballing into a few VERY horrible sessions.If you do(or I attempt to again) multitable I think:1. You need to keep it simple. It's hard to get a read on so many villains so you need to cut out a lot of the fancy stuff you may try when you know your opponents well(although at micro limits you probbaly should always keep it fairly simple anyway.2. Discard your most marginal hands. Whatever you consider your lowest acceptable playing range, chuck those hands out(at least in the short term). No need complicating things with marginally playable hands until you get comfortable.3. Be more inclined to fold marginal decisions if the pot is small. Marginal choices you normally need a good read to make a good decision and a bunch of marginal errors on multiple errors leads to a large chunk of your bankroll.4. Must use a HUD for tacking players stats. This can make ahuge difference on making quality decisions when you cannot keep track of all the villains.5. Know what the stas actually mean if you are going to use it. Lots of good info on the site. I personally am trying to learn more about aggression factors in the HUD stats.6. Although hard, try your best to keep notes on villains whenever opportunity permits.Hopefully there will be more input as I am on the low end of the food chain for quality advice but hopefully these will give you some start from a guy who is trying to multitable as well.I do think I will be successful but I gotta take baby steps. Best wishes.

If your playing the low buy in tourneys and are only playing one table it gives you a great chance to expand your game and learn how to play more hands effectively...Many players at those levels are strong preflop but cant play a hand after the flop leaving you the opportunity to win lots of chips...This is easier after the blinds are higher because people get a lot tighter which allows you to see more flops and play aggressively and exploit the weak players and build a large stack...Then hopefully they will be sick off you around the time you pick up those premium hands..

Sweet thanks for all the ideas so far guys. I came in 13th in PokerStars Tournament #57262325, No Limit Hold'em mostly thanks to the multi-tableing idea, although I simply broke +$2.00/hr on the outside tournament table it kept me much more level headed on the tournament table. I ended up earning $12 bucks in 4 hours (counting the tourney money). Nothing to brag about but not so bad for just starting out I think.

my god, you are such a nerd.
Yup, but that's what pays the bills :club: