Dogs Vs Cats

Which is more intelligent: Dogs or Cats?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more intelligent, in general...

• Dog
    • Cat
    • The Orly Owl

Barring any ability to discuss quatum physics or crack jokes in a non-maternal language, which animal do you think is more intelligent, in general. I added the Orly owl for those of you who have a disdain for both cats and dogs.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just based off my own experiences, I gotta go with cats. My roommate's dog, though I love her, might be the stupidest creature I've ever known. The same could be said for most dogs I've ever known, except for Dusty the chihuahua. But fuck Dusty. That dog was always biting me when I was a kid.

I'm going with cats for one reason alone.let's say you're leaving town for three days. If you leave out three days worth of food for a cat, there will most likely still be a little left when you return at the end of the trip. If you were to do the same for a dog but you come home after only two days the dog dish would be empty. Furthermore, the dog will have left you plenty of doggy landmines all over the house due to the increased food intake, whereas the cat will still use the cat box and all you have to do is pitch the sand.

Barring any ability to discuss quatum physics or crack jokes in a non-maternal language, which animal do you think is more intelligent, in general. I added the Orly owl for those of you who have a disdain for both cats and dogs.
Dogs. Much prefer to spend my time with dogs. And neither one can read a book, so they're both dumb. AINEC

It kind of depends. Dogs will listen to whatever their masters say. A true servant. Cats could give two shits about what you think, so while they don't listen to you and that is ****ing annoying. It's tough to say cats are smarter because my two cats never respond to their name, only to louder inflection and voices. It's pathetic really. I vote owls.

Lassie = dog, and Lassie > cat, therefore, dogs > cats
ah ha! i see you used the timmy theorem. good work.your work does show promise, however, my esteemed colleague, you are forgetting the crumb proof which states that fritz=cat, and we all know fritz>dog, hence cat>dog. coffee in the faculty lounge when you're done.

Dogs AINECi have never seen a cat get used to lead the blind, find bombs, rescue timmy from the well.closest thing I have seen a cat do anything that smart is this.art.cat.ap.jpgOscar the cat doesn't like to be put out in the hall when a patient is dying.How can anyone like cats, they are like cigarettes only faster acting (4 hours for this cat) and dont make you look anywhere as cool.