Massive Overbet And I Have The J High Flush

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.75Hero: $45.15CO: $25.85Button: $25SB: $35.45BB: $40.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8 :club: J :DUTG raises to $0.5, Hero calls, 3 folds, BB calls.Flop: 3 :D T :D 9 :D ($1.6, 3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: 9 :) ($4.6, 3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, UTG calls.River: 4 :) ($14.6, 2 players)UTG is all-in $19.25, Hero folds???Uncalled bets: $19.25 returned to UTG.Results:Final pot: $14.6Alright, I know I should raise the flop but whatever, The BB was a crazy sob that might push allin on a bluff. Other guy has only been at the table for 10 hands.

grossthis seems pretty borderline, especially against a player who just sat down. This can be a naked 9 or a lower flush as often as it can be a boat or better flush. It could also be a busted draw. I can't really argue either way.properly rolled I probably call because of pot odds.I'm assuming you think you have the best hand on the turn if you raise, the river wouldn't really change anything.

i think you have to call the riveri actually like the flat-call on the flop, since you do have cards to protect against a bigger flush drawagain, the river situation is pretty gross, but if he slowplayed a full house on the turn then good for him

I could be completely wrong here but I think if he flopped a higher flush he might have opted for a smaller luring bet on the flop (though he may be playing the Kh and is protecting against you or BB holding the Ah). Same goes if he's playing TT and flopped the boat. Any other combination to make a boat is unlikely given his PF minraise from UTG.This is the kind of situation that's gotten me in trouble lately. I've convinced myself that a river overbet must be a bluff, but 4/5 times I end up losing to exactly the kind of hand I feared. I read something somewhere recently that said you're better off in the long run if you always fold to big river bets in low stakes NLHE because most of the time overbets do mean big hands.

This is a call.Your hand is underrepresented and your turn raise doesn't have to mean anything in his mind becuase he made such a weak turn bet. You beat all of the smaller suited connector flushes as well as a lot of other hands here.

This is a call.Your hand is underrepresented and your turn raise doesn't have to mean anything in his mind becuase he made such a weak turn bet. You beat all of the smaller suited connector flushes as well as a lot of other hands here.
When are you going to start playing poker again? You post some interesting hands..
Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.75Hero: $45.15CO: $25.85Button: $25SB: $35.45BB: $40.70Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8 :club: J :DUTG raises to $0.5, Hero calls, 3 folds, BB calls.Flop: 3 :D T :D 9 :D ($1.6, 3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $1, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: 9 :) ($4.6, 3 players)BB checks, UTG bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, BB folds, UTG calls.River: 4 :) ($14.6, 2 players)UTG is all-in $19.25, Hero folds???Uncalled bets: $19.25 returned to UTG.Results:Final pot: $14.6Alright, I know I should raise the flop but whatever, The BB was a crazy sob that might push allin on a bluff. Other guy has only been at the table for 10 hands.
I like how you played this hand, your flush is well disguised and I think you're ahead. I'd call the river expecting to see a poorly played overpair or a busted Ah or Kh.

wow I am suprised how many people say this is a call, it is a case that I made the wrong play at the right time.I took all the time allowed and folded, he showed TT...

wow I am suprised how many people say this is a call, it is a case that I made the wrong play at the right time.I took all the time allowed and folded, he showed TT...
I would have said fold but there were so many people that already said call I didn't want to feel like and idiot. Default line for 100NL above is that river overbets are monsters.
I would have said fold but there were so many people that already said call I didn't want to feel like and idiot. Default line for 100NL above is that river overbets are monsters.
yeah I have found that as well, in the micro limits river raises are almost always monsters. (unless they are complete donkey)
I could be completely wrong here but I think if he flopped a higher flush he might have opted for a smaller luring bet on the flop (though he may be playing the Kh and is protecting against you or BB holding the Ah). Same goes if he's playing TT and flopped the boat.
D'oh, almost nailed it! If I were paying closer attention I would have realized TT would be a flopped set not a boat. TT actually fits his betting pattern nicely: leads out for 2/3 pot on the flop, makes a slightly larger bet but one that looks weak on the turn when he hits his boat (and smiles to himself when you raise), and then pulls the old small-stakes NLHE river overbet-with-the-monster move. Maybe that advice I read about folding to overbets wasn't so bad after all...
When are you going to start playing poker again? You post some interesting hands..
Meh, we'll see. I've been playing really low limit SNGs and stuff online, but I can't take it seriously. I'll probably start playing a lot again in September.

I think this is an easy fold. This looks like a pretty obvious full house, and not even a smaller one. I'd say it's either TT, T9 or even 99 nearly 100 percent of the time.Oh, wait, you posted results?