Have You Ever Noticed?

Ok..... so when I got home from work i sat down and relaxed for a while and then I took out my handgun and cleaned it. While i was cleaning it i noticed my dogs ran away and hid. Ive had these dogs since they were born and they have never seen a handgun before. how did they know that it was a dangerous object???? they were so scared i had to put them in a different room. does anyone with a dog and a gun ever have this happen.... and if you have both just pull out your gun around them and see if they act this way..... really weird how they have that sense

There's a joke in there somewhere, but it's late in the work day and I can't be bothered to put much thought into it.
get your mind out of the gutter..... after you said that i reread my post and noticed what you perverted people are thinking about..... but seriously... maybe i should have posted this on like a psychology forum or something but i dont know any.... it jsut struck me as odd that they knew a gun was dangerous and they acted terrified just by its sight

I had chicken lo-mein for lunch today. Boy was it yummy.

Ok..... so when I got home from work i sat down and relaxed for a while and then I took out my handgun and cleaned it. While i was cleaning it i noticed my dogs ran away and hid. Ive had these dogs since they were born and they have never seen a handgun before. how did they know that it was a dangerous object???? they were so scared i had to put them in a different room. does anyone with a dog and a gun ever have this happen.... and if you have both just pull out your gun around them and see if they act this way..... really weird how they have that sense
I have had this same thing happen, but it wasn't dogs, it was customers at my bank....It was so weird, I pulled the gun out of my pocket to clean it because I had an open Snickers bar in there too and it got chocolate on it. But then everyone started freaking out and giving me money. I thought maybe they were just so in awe of my beautiful gun that they wanted to thank me for seeing it by paying me. Oh well.

They're either freaked out by the unknown object or were acting on your cues...if they thought you were acting strange in any way it could set them off. I'd assume you are very careful and meticulous with it, so that could be the problem.

Weird. My old dog was the same way, every time my husband would pull out his gun to clean it or to take it to the range, my husky would run and hide. Then again, my dog was racist and would only bark at black people, so who the hell knows.

Weird. My old dog was the same way, every time my husband would pull out his gun to clean it or to take it to the range, my husky would run and hide. Then again, my dog was racist and would only bark at black people, so who the hell knows.
My dog too. He was trained that way though.
I have had this same thing happen, but it wasn't dogs, it was customers at my bank....It was so weird, I pulled the gun out of my pocket to clean it because I had an open Snickers bar in there too and it got chocolate on it. But then everyone started freaking out and giving me money. I thought maybe they were just so in awe of my beautiful gun that they wanted to thank me for seeing it by paying me. Oh well.
This is funny.
you probably used the same motion you use when you "clean your gun"
This...not so much