Turningstone Roll Call

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone in 44th. Pretty much got abused during the bubble. I figure the best way to abuse bubble is to resteal and not steal. Got chipped away, made the money.Got 88 and got it in good vs 66d. Flop 4d5d8d, turn 7, turn pairs the 7, cept it was the 7d. I wish I could make this shit up seriously.Bizzle now has a good stack.

Gonna do my quick tourney report while Im waiting for room service.25/50, 50/75, 50/100 - Absolute bizzaro world. remember the days when old people were weak tight calling stations and young internet kids were the aggro maniacs? Well not this time. with 7 young kids and 2 old people, I tried to play tight, but as soon as I got a walk, I knew it was go time. I raised about 6 out of 10 pots, only getting played back at by the two old guys, one guy who would 3 bet me like it's his day job (and looked like Steve Z), the other making the sickest hero calls (check/calling 3 bullets with 89 on a TJ96K board), After I looked like a retard, I decided to only fire twice per hand. I lost all my 500 and 1k chips, but I had a gigantic castle of blues and reds.Near the end of the break, one young gun got busted by another (KK vs AA shockingly), and got replaced by the good old Party Poker Superstar. About mid 30s, wearing a Party shirt, and pretty much trying to show his vast knowledge of poker by discussing every move he did after the hand was over.Fast forward to 2 mins before the break, I have about 6k in chips, but they are all in 25 and 100 chips, Party Superstar raises and I decide I'm gonna pop him from the SB for kicks with whatever I have, I peek and it turns out to be K9. I raise 1k more so it's 1300 to go, I look at his stack and realize that i made the stupidest move of all time because he only has 2800 left. He flat calls, and we see a flop of 2-3-3.I decide that i might as well try to show strength and hopefully my 9 is good. I bet 1600 enough to put him all in and he goes "wow that's a lot of chips" and "that's a reaaaaaaly nice flop, I think I can fold now", and tables:Ace-King suited.Sigh.I end the first break with about 8k.

BTW, this structure is godlike75/150, 100/200, 100/200/25 - After the break I deicde that Im going to try and play a little tighther, but everytime I saw them fold, it just really saddened me. I probably raised about 4 an orbit, and built my stack to about 12k, (still without a 1k and 500 chip), and pretty much having 2 and a quarter racks of chips (and not even 2x the average, when I first got moved).Table 3 was pretty much a sick table. 9 young people. All around my level or much better. I got some chips changed up, and didnt play many big pots, until a blind battle with me at 12k and my opponent at 17k at 100/200, he makes it 500 to go and I flatty with 67 os, Flop is 35K. He bets 500, and i decide to semi-float and call. Turn is a 4, he bets 900, I pop it to 2500, he says all in and I make a phil hellmuth-like call without the splashing of the chips, o, he had A6 os. Another hand I popped it to 525 at 1/2/25 with 89h, a 5/10 NL player makes it 1500 and had about 9k behind. I called the 1k, saw a flop of J89, and check/shoved and lied to his face about having a draw. He said he folded top top. Goddamnit.I went to lunch with about 30k in chips...did I mention the blinds were still at 1/2? god I love thsi structure.

since i'm feeling generous, i'll share my tourney report too:busted in first level with AcKc < Qd4d on a 2c3c5s flop (got it all in on a Qh turn... lol nicely played you ****ing stupid native american whore).uhhh yea that's it, paid about $16/minute to sit there and then get donkstruck. god bless live tourneys

I busted out in the second level, got too impatient after seeing 8-3off for the 7th time in less than 30 hands and started playing the crap cards I was getting hoping to hit something. Ended up busting after shoving A-9off following a series of hands where I called standard raises with marginal hands and then had to dump them on the flop or turn after getting no piece of the board whatsoever while the raiser clearly got the whole thing. A-9off got called by K-Joff, flop K, turn J, basically summed up my whole day. Good meeting those that I met, have a great week at TS.

150-300/25, 200/400/50, 300/600/50 - This hour started off great, but ended up really sucking. Most of the players at my table pretty much figured out I was trying to smallball my way to victory, and responded in kind...by shoving 15k stacks against 1k raises, and or calling in position/floating me. no really big pots, I couldn't get anything going. I still haven't seen Aces or Kings, btu I see a lot of AK.I end break at 15k, and the table is still here.400/800/100, 500/100/100, 600/1200/100 - Session of brilliance for me. The table of death breaks, and I move into table 20, which is godlike. It starts with me shippling it with TT in teh SB against a CO raiser, BB tanks for about 2 mins, and folds, and CO calls so quick his chair fell to the ground (no joke), so I ask how badly am I crushed, and yes he shows AA. The BB goes, WOW I ALMOST CALLED U WITH KT, god I wish you did so I CAN TRIPLE UP WHEN I HIT MY ONE OUTER ON THE TURN WOOOOOOOOOO. That'll teach you to fly to the sky and call me. I build chips really really well, without a hand, floating people, riasing about 4-5 pots an orbit, and I'm up to 55k, when I get this:Some young superstar (got 2nd in the sunday mill or something), raises UTG to 3200, I flatty with A9h because he had about 50k, Native American Woman Nit shovels for 14k. UTG folds instantly, and I'm stuck in I hate life mode. I make the call, and Nitty Native shows 88. Flop the 9 so easy, and she's donezo.I went to dinner break at 69600

800-1600/200, 1k/2k/300 - 55 left, got moved from a pretty nice table, to old guy heaven. about 6 old nits, and one guy who abused the table pretty hard. With old guy heaven to my left, blinds were easy as 1-2-3. Funny hand:I get 86 os, raise to 4k at 8/16, old guy tanks and calls with 20k behind, which is already so strong. Flop is QQ6, I bet 7500 and he flats. Turn and River brick and we check it down twice becuase he's old and he's calling down with anything. He had AK. Afterwards he said "thank god i called the flop so I can see what you're raising with and get you next time". I almost said "thank god for old people", but I decided not to.Cripple hand: I have about 60k from getting repopped and ahvign to fold AQ, AJ and 55, and I get QJh in teh BB. SB who is a good player makes it 7k and I flatty. Flop is J39, he checks and I check hoping to get value. Turn is a 9, he bets 7k and I call, River is a 10, he bets 20k, which is the ultimate value bet because I can call and still be comfy, and I figured I have trapped him a bit, as he either has two pair+ or AK high. I even tell him, please god don't show me J9, I call, and J9 gets shown. Down to 30k.We get in the money, first hand I get 88, shove against the same guy with J9, he's forced to call with 66, you know how it ends.Sigh.

very nice tourny report, enjoyed the read very much..........good job on the cash, GL if you are playing any other events up there........

Gone in 44th. Pretty much got abused during the bubble. I figure the best way to abuse bubble is to resteal and not steal. Got chipped away, made the money.Got 88 and got it in good vs 66d. Flop 4d5d8d, turn 7, turn pairs the 7, cept it was the 7d. I wish I could make this shit up seriously.Bizzle now has a good stack.
Teddy, you forgot the part where the kid got up and humped the table and then proceeded to show his LOL Donkaments T-shirt. That moron is my roommate. Split Suit on 2p2. Weee. Oh, and I busted around 280ish. Got super short, didn't see a pair above 77 all tourney and AK once, AQ twice. No biggie that shit happens. I outlasted some good players, especially NoNotBaxter. LOL double draws.
bizz still in?
Biz is slitting his wrists right now.I raise 87s from UTG+2 to 12k at 2k-4k-500, folds around to the BB who calls. Flop comes Ac Qc 7h and he leads for 20k. Due to 5 previous levels worth of hands I know he is leading light here. I shove for 83k and he instacalls. Q8o is good sir, ighn.
Biz is slitting his wrists right now.I raise 87s from UTG+2 to 12k at 2k-4k-500, folds around to the BB who calls. Flop comes Ac Qc 7h and he leads for 20k. Due to 5 previous levels worth of hands I know he is leading light here. I shove for 83k and he instacalls. Q8o is good sir, ighn.
WOW, just WOW. Disgusting. Now the donk leads can't donk fold.
WOW, just WOW. Disgusting. Now the donk leads can't donk fold.
It's probably the most ridiculous hand I've seen live. When I say instacall, I mean I said all-in and he looks over at me and says "I call." Hadn't been out of line once, hadn't shown a propensity to hero call, nothing. I'm still shocked.

Just busted the 200 rebuy. There was tons of action in the rebuy period, I got it in good a couple times, had 33k after the rebuy period (starting stack of 2500) and I was in for $800.I never really got any cards after the rebuy period, made a couple bad bluffs, and busted in 65th or so. I had a terrible table draw at the end, but I guess that's to be expected in this tournament.Taking tomorrow off, gonna go golfing. Playing the 300 6-max event on Tuesday, that should be fun.

Just busted the 200 rebuy. There was tons of action in the rebuy period, I got it in good a couple times, had 33k after the rebuy period (starting stack of 2500) and I was in for $800.I never really got any cards after the rebuy period, made a couple bad bluffs, and busted in 65th or so. I had a terrible table draw at the end, but I guess that's to be expected in this tournament.Taking tomorrow off, gonna go golfing. Playing the 300 6-max event on Tuesday, that should be fun.
WHAAAAAyou had like 705345646475 chips at the Rebuy :club:
Yeah, I just got kinda impatient because we were 100+bb deep and I had no hands at all after the rebuy.
have u set up your router yet so we can play the FTP mill?
It's in Andy's room. I think I'm gonna just head there.
oh, I know he's really close to me but I dunno what room # it is, ill just move there after Sunday MIll break