Villian Hits Door Card

Playing in a Horse tourney- Stud Hi is my weakest game by far. Please be gentle.Tournament - HORSE - 7 Card Stud High - Level IV (60/120), Ante 12, Bring-In 18 (converter)Seat 1: 2,077Seat 2: 4,304Seat 3: 1,664Seat 4: 700Seat 5: 1,469Seat 6: 2,507Hero: 4,046Seat 8: 2,7753rd Street - (1.60 SB)Seat 1: xx xx K:heart:___foldsSeat 2: xx xx 6:heart:___calls___callsSeat 3: xx xx Q:club:___calls___callsSeat 4: xx xx 6:spade:___foldsSeat 5: xx xx K:club:___foldsSeat 6: xx xx T:spade:___foldsHero: A:club: A:diamond: K:spade:___raisesSeat 8: xx xx 5:heart:___brings-in___folds4th Street - (4.90 SB)Seat 2: xx xx 6:heart: 8:heart:___callsSeat 3: xx xx Q:club: Q:spade:___betsHero: A:club: A:diamond: K:spade: 6:diamond:___calls5th Street - (5.45 BB)Seat 2: xx xx 6:heart: 8:heart: 9:club:___callsSeat 3: xx xx Q:club: Q:spade: 2:club:___betsHero: A:club: A:diamond: K:spade: 6:diamond: 2:spade:___folds

Doesn't really seem like he has a Q down really... he was middle position with 2 kings (odds against one of you having a pair or them) and a T so he should have raised his QQ in this spot. I think its more likely that he has a hand like QJT or something like that and he paired his Q and is hoping you will fold.

I'd probobly raise on 4 to let him know that you're not afraid of his Q's. If he re-raises, I'd be cautious, but I'm not a fan of the 5th-street fold. He was representing a big hand and you bought it without putting him to the test. With a K showing you had the chance to represent a hand lower than you actually had (how often does that happen?!). I raise on 4 or 5 says "Your Q's don't scare me because I at least have K's." Now, if he reraises, he's saying he isn't scared of your K... then it's a question of whether or not you believe him. A lot of factors come into play at this point, but at least you've put him to the test; I don't think one extra bet is too much for a little information.

I think you just call him down, if he checks, start betting, if you improve to trip aces, start raising.. I think this is a way ahead/ way behind sort or situation, so I don't think there's much value raising, if you raise, you'll scare him off when he's behind, and you lose extra bets when he's ahead. I think calling down is underrated in some cases.also, if you hit an ace on 6th street, and he does have trip queens, he's going to think you have aces up and you'll win extra bets. Also, if he doesn't have trip queens, then that club on fifth street was likely to have helped him, so be wary if he catched a club on 6th (if you had continuted)

also, if you hit an ace on 6th street, and he does have trip queens, he's going to think you have aces up and you'll win extra bets.
Not sure this is helpful. In general it's safe to say in any form of poker that if your 2-outer sucks out on a better hand you'll make money.
Not sure this is helpful. In general it's safe to say in any form of poker that if your 2-outer sucks out on a better hand you'll make money.
um yes.. but what I'm saying is, because his aces are down, if he is behind ( which he may not be) but if he is, and if he hits the ace, it's completely hidden, and is libel to get more action than if his ace was the door card, and an ace came. Do you see my point, or are you going to continue to be a snarky dipsht?

I'm usually wary of the door cards pairing up, but his play on 3rd doesn't correllate with split Queens to me. How has he been playing up to this point? PT Stud stats if you have them?Against an unknown, I just call him down. He MIGHT have two pair, but trip queens seem highly unlikely given he didn't raise on 3rd. If I hit trips I raise him somewhere, otherwise I just call down.

if he hits the ace, it's completely hidden, and is libel to get more action than if his ace was the door card, and an ace came.
That's a little more specific, and a good point.Don't take it personal, or get personal.
looks like you're up against Q up at worst. 5th is easy call.
It's either Qs up, or trip Qs. Qs up is the BEST case scenario, and it still puts villan behind.If this isn't [XQ]QQ there's some chance it's [AA]QQ. It can be any two pair and we're drawing slim given that the majority of our 2 pair out cards are dead.

calling won't get you any info at all. raise/fold fourth (this also will make the pot HU against a connected and sooted board, hopefully--if this third player is competent, calling two cold means a pretty monster draw most likely), and if you don't get raised, bet/fold fifth unless this guy's tricky enough to semibluff you on one of those streets. if that's the case, i raise/call 4th and call down from there, maybe folding if i never make aces up or better.there are players i just muck 4th against, though. not that many, but a few. there's also a double bet or not double bet tell that sometimes works in this spot--if a player minbets, s/he is more likely to have the trips, whereas a double bet is more often a "omg scare them off with my QQJ10" semibluff. not always, obviously, but it's a fairly general trend.