2/4 Plo (6 Max) Facing A Pf 4-bet

Standard?SB is 65/12 through 26 handsPokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($376.40)MP ($1679.05)Hero ($608.90)SB ($407)BB ($315.20)Preflop: Hero is Button with 7heart.gif, 6spade.gif, 8diamond.gif, 5spade.gif. UTG raises to $12, 1 fold, Hero raises to $42, SB raises to $142, 1 fold, UTG folds, Hero calls $100.Flop: ($300) 2spade.gif, 4diamond.gif, Theart.gif(2 players)SB bets $265 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: $300

Seems standard. Not sure as I would have repopped preflop though. You're building a big pot with 4 low connectors.(I know, don't think in terms of $, think bets, buyins, bb, etc, but calling $150 with 5 6 7 8 seems like a lot to me.)

Seems standard. Not sure as I would have repopped preflop though. You're building a big pot with 4 low connectors.(I know, don't think in terms of $, think bets, buyins, bb, etc, but calling $150 with 5 6 7 8 seems like a lot to me.)
I repopped because the original PFR has a very wide opening range, and most opponents would probably put me on something like AAxx, so I had good potential to catch them off guard. Add to all this the fact that I had the button. There's one other important reason:I like 3-betting wrap hands like this (although this one *is* toward the bottom of my 3-betting range), so that my 3-betting range isn't so small that I'm predictable. I love opponents who *only* will 3-bet if they have hands like AAxx or JQKK. They're so easy to play against post-flop.

Meh. You didn't include stats on UTG, but with SB seeming like a bit of a maniac...anything's possible. I keep it small for that reason. What do I know...lol Wait til Bud and Simo come on in a couple hours... :club:

Meh. You didn't include stats on UTG, but with SB seeming like a bit of a maniac...anything's possible. I keep it small for that reason. What do I know...lol Wait til Bud and Simo come on in a couple hours... :club:
Sorry, I forgot to include those stats too :D
Sorry, I forgot to include those stats too :club:
Gooder -- comment on some of our petty low stakes hands too, would ya?You're playing way higher stakes than any of the other 3 omaha forum posters. What do we know...lol
Gooder -- comment on some of our petty low stakes hands too, would ya?You're playing way higher stakes than any of the other 3 omaha forum posters. What do we know...lol
Will do. Actually, often I read them, but do not comment when I already agree with the responses.But I will start adding my 2 cents, regardless.

i wouldn't re-raise pf, you have an UTG raiser to contend with and a drawing hand, you want people to be in this pot, not scare them away and isolate yourself against someone pegged with a strong made hand or stronger drawing handas played, fine

I like preflop, although I'll often reraise less than pot. Essentially you're trying to isolate the UTG raiser with position, and gain the betting lead. You can achieve that with a smaller bet of about $30.Calling the extra $100 is standard. You're never way behind.I think the flop decision is close. I'd have to check some odds (will do later) but I think you're probably about 30% against his likely range. Certainly you're not passing up much immediate equity by folding, but imagine the metagame impact of calling a shove with 8 high and a gutshot.

I like preflop, although I'll often reraise less than pot. Essentially you're trying to isolate the UTG raiser with position, and gain the betting lead. You can achieve that with a smaller bet of about $30.Calling the extra $100 is standard. You're never way behind.I think the flop decision is close. I'd have to check some odds (will do later) but I think you're probably about 30% against his likely range. Certainly you're not passing up much immediate equity by folding, but imagine the metagame impact of calling a shove with 8 high and a gutshot.
This is what I'm thinking, probably slightly less than a 2:1 dog against something like AAxx, which makes the call marginal. Preflop is obviously fine.
This is what I'm thinking, probably slightly less than a 2:1 dog against something like AAxx, which makes the call marginal. Preflop is obviously fine.
We're slightly less than a 2:1 dog if villian has exactly AAJTds with our spades covered. Against most AAxx combos, we're in much better shape. If villian has say AAT4 with one suit that's not ours, we're 43% and if villian has AA23 with no suits, we're actually 48%. I don't have numbers against all AAxx combos, but it probably averages out to about 41-42%.This is the perfect kind of hand to 3-bet in position since the cards are low enough that we're completely misrepresenting our holding, but at the same time, being a complete connector, it's absolute value will still be fairly strong when 4-bet. I'd three-bet this a lot of the time in your position, and I certainly wouldn't say it's bad, but it would be better if you and UTG were just a little deeper. You'd really like to have some play left on the flop when you get repopped.Also, if you're going to 3-bet, you definitely want to do it for the full pot, you got that right. It's way easier for your opponents to put you on a "trash hand" instead of big cards when you don't 3-bet for the maximum amount possible.